Group B (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Russia)

Big River

Danish FA confirms Eriksen is conscious, awake and been brought to hospital to be investigated.

As per Kenneth Perez on Dutch television reading a tweet from Danish football association account btw

Edited by Unbelievable

Yeah, I think none of the Denmark or Finland players will be in a mental state to continue the game. How about the Belgium and Russia players though. They are preparing for their game later tonight. Hard images to shake off if you're a pro footballer.

Another solution is to just agree on the match ending in a draw and give the players a bit of time to digest what's happened before each moving on to game 2. Don't think either set of players give the first fuck about the fixture after this.

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

Yeah, I think none of the Denmark or Finland players will be in a mental state to continue the game. How about the Belgium and Russia players though. They are preparing for their game later tonight. Hard images to shake off if you're a pro footballer.

It's probably inadvisable to resume tonight from a physiological point of view, never mind psychological. 

1 minute ago, midds said:

Another solution is to just agree on the match ending in a draw and give the players a bit of time to digest what's happened before each moving on to game 2. Don't think either set of players give the first fuck about the fixture after this.

I think that is best option. 0-0 draw and and a bit of time before game 2. 

2 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

You've just gotta hope they weren't watching live for their sakes. 

1 minute ago, Chrisjraby said:

Sky Sports News just said they hope it doesn't effect Harry Kane as he's friends with Eriksen; is that really what the media need to be thinking about right now?  Twats

Absolute scum.

Little bit bubbly after all that. Effected me more than I'd habe thought. God knows how the players feel. They must have felt for a long period they've just seen their team mate and friend die in front of them. 

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Players like Vertonghen and Alderweireld aren't going to be in a good headspace tonight

Lukaku, too.

Edited by Sima

3 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Danish FA confirms Eriksen is conscious, awake and been brought to hospital to be investigated.

Ah, fantastic news. Great to hear. Hopefully everything checks out and he's perfectly fine. 

Amazing how well it all looks like turning out, and again huge kudos to the medics. Should be very encouraging for all the athletes taking part.

5 minutes ago, Chrisjraby said:

Sky Sports News just said they hope it doesn't effect Harry Kane as he's friends with Eriksen; is that really what the media need to be thinking about right now?  Twats

Fucking hell :anguish:

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Little bit bubbly after all that. Effected me more than I'd habe thought. God knows how the players feel. They must have felt for a long period they've just seen their team mate and friend die in front of them. 

Same tbh, was choking up watching that unfold.

Just now, Mattoon said:

Same tbh, was choking up watching that unfold.

Not that we needed another reminder after the last year or so, but life is fragile and short. Even for superstar superfit loaded footballers. 

Just now, BlueStar said:

Didn't Schmeichel try and run into the burning helicopter at Leicester as well? Hope the lad gets some help dealing with all this stuff. 

Never knew that :(

He was one of two players trying to console Eriksen's wife/girlfriend here too. Talk about the highs and lows of football.