Round of 16 | Sweden 1-2 Ukraine

Unbelievable

1 hour ago, Anderson said:

How good was yesterday, man? Got me right in the mood for today now. Howay Gareth’s tricky lions!

I couldn't sleep I was that up a height after the penalties. :lol:

27 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Think i'd agree with that tbh.

Kane needs to step the fuck up though.

I don't get the mindset behind leaving the most creative players all on the bench in favour of a third centre-back and second defensive midfielder. Can understand Saka's selection after how he played, but leaving all that quality off the starting line-up is so frustrating. We have so much quality going forward we can afford to not be boring and overly conservative.

Saying that I'm happy for Gareth to prove me wrong of course.

11 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

I don't get the mindset behind leaving the most creative players all on the bench in favour of a third centre-back and second defensive midfielder. Can understand Saka's selection after how he played, but leaving all that quality off the starting line-up is so frustrating. We have so much quality going forward we can afford to not be boring and overly conservative.

Saying that I'm happy for Gareth to prove me wrong of course.

We haven't conceded a goal yet though to be fair.

I'm not surprised at the 343, I worry about the potential gaping void between attack and midfield again though. There's no creativity there unless the wing backs are bombing forward. Hope we at least see Henderson starting as he isn't as averse to a forward ball or movement as Rice and Phillips. 

Edited by Interpolic

Just now, The Prophet said:

On route to Wembley, not been as excited for a match in a while. I can't wait for England to suck all of the fun out of it.

If you're near that fucking band please stick a pint of piss down that selfish pricks trumpet.

Guest HTT II

It’s a shit tune, but they are synonymous with England at tournaments so I’m gonna just enjoy their drone…

1 hour ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

We haven't conceded a goal yet though to be fair.

It’s just such a shame there isn’t much of a plan to score goals either. It’s so underwhelming. Maybe it will work after all but if it doesn’t Southgate won’t get away with it. 

Guess we could take very much another solid 1-0 but I wonder how we’ll cope if we go a goal down. 

26 minutes ago, HTT II said:

It’s a shit tune, but they are synonymous with England at tournaments so I’m gonna just enjoy their drone…

The monotonous drone is fitting for our style of play I suppose.

Not sure if I hate the band or not. The Wembley atmosphere is normally non-existent so at least it's something. 

Crowd should be up for it today though. Starting to get very nervous for this - crushing penalty defeat anticipated.

Nervous as fuck now like. Been up since 5am, no chance of getting back to sleep once I started thinking about the game. It's massive, if we win this then we genuinely have a real chance of getting to the final, well winning the whole thing really.

Not saying we will win the whole thing, but there's no reason we can't beat any of the teams left in (I realise most the other sides will be thinking they can beat us as well) but it's so up in the air. We have the advantage of Wembley assuming we get past Sweden or Ukraine on Saturday as well.

Finishing work in 15 minutes and trying to stop the urge to start drinking then, need to wait until 2ish or i'll be done in before the game feeling like this.