Round of 16 | Sweden 1-2 Ukraine

Unbelievable

9 minutes ago, James said:

Yes but confused about the individual replacing Grealish if none of those three are starting. Surely can’t be Henderson?!?!

Surely be James and Walker to CB? 

Haven't really ate today, stomach feels like it used to every Saturday before going to a club. 

Anticipation guts.  In the quayside bar going to head up to the fanzone thing after my pint.  Excited.... And very fuckin nervous. 

Edited by Wilson

Guest HTT II
17 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Pretty fucking excited like. Just arrived at gym, big work out, sauna and swim. Then start drinking at 3.30pm. Maybe a quick wank to settle the nerves (not at the gym, at home.) Come on England!

Be a proper bloke and have one in the gym man! 

I still get excited about a competitive England match, but can't possibly get invested as much as some do.

I honestly think the combination of being a nufc supporter alongside England is fucking shan:suicide:

It's nowt to do with the war to me. It's that they are one of the other big European nations, in every sense, and we have a footballing history with them.

The reason we don't have a rivalry with Spain/France is because we never had those big tournament games with drama and heartache. 

I have nowt against the Jormans but what's wrong with a bit of storyline, theatre, history, it just adds to the event.

Of course Germany will have history with more countries, such a Brazil because of their big games but that's largely because they have been more successful than us and therefore have played in more big games.

Edited by STM

If only the English coaching and tactics would have evolved like that of the German game. Southgate seemingly with the most envious amount of talent always seems to put out a team that lacks any real conviction, cohesion and ultimately in the international game, pride. 

Feels different when you see the Italians pay their style of play under Mancini, and then they score in extra time and the entire bench is mobbing each other...or when the Swiss play their unique game...score late and you've got absolute scenes.

The England team in the last world cup seemed to be a more together bunch. Hopefully you will see differently tonight! Come on England! 

Edited by Kanji