Round of 16 | Sweden 1-2 Ukraine

Unbelievable

15 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Think there's an argument it should be increased to 32 teams? 

And we can get rid of the 3rd placed team nonsense

Bring everyone. March Madness-style single-elimination bracket.

Let chaos reign.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

26 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Writing Mbappe off at 22. [emoji38] Have a laugh right now at his expense, but there’s so much more to come from him over the next decade. 

France were arrogant. Shock horror. 

Not exactly writing him off, but he seems to have regressed since the World cup. Not quite sure what happened to his dribbling ability, he looks like a kick and run merchant now. A lot of it could be due to Deschamps being clueless this tournament. With the exception of Pogba, noone seems to have displayed their true potential. Shocking how easily the swiss walked through a midfield with Kante.

Just a phenomenal evening of football, I won't be sleeping for ages. Is this what being high feels like? :lol:

Gutted for France and Mbappe tbh, I like the best teams staying in but I knew that's a minority opinion. Switzerland were very good though.

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

How is Dion Dublin a commentator. He's so fucking stupid. "How did he miss from 4 yards out?" when the shot was a yard outside the 6 yard box, and "It was only a matter of time for Morata to get his chance, he's had 2 or 3 chances in this game" are two standouts from tonight.

He's fucking awful.

Backs Brewce aswell doesn't he?

I got his autograph once before a game at Villa park, wish i never now. [emoji38]

(To be fair he was nice to me, asked me who my favourite player was and i said Shearer, he said "yea, he's not bad")

3 hours ago, rgk_lfc said:

Not exactly writing him off, but he seems to have regressed since the World cup. Not quite sure what happened to his dribbling ability, he looks like a kick and run merchant now. A lot of it could be due to Deschamps being clueless this tournament. With the exception of Pogba, noone seems to have displayed their true potential. Shocking how easily the swiss walked through a midfield with Kante.

To be fair he looked good in the champions League this year I thought.

France haven't looked right all tournament. From the 4cbs and Tolisso playing on the wing against Portugal to the 3 ATB with Rabiot as a wingback tonight, it's been proper head scratching selections. It's actually quite impressive to make that selection of players look so lackluster in attack and so vulnerable at the back at the same time.