Round of 16 | Sweden 1-2 Ukraine

Unbelievable

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

But you said he regressed since the world cup? his goalscoring record doesn't reflect that at all, this is is second highest scoring season. I think he had a bad tournament though did a score a great disallowed goal, but the criticism is over the top imo. And agree Deschamps is just a frenhc pardew, he hasn't got a clue what to do with this lot. Like @KaKasaid, Wenger would have them playng ridiculous football.

I know my original post wasn't clear. Not trying to argue that. But I was talking in the context of this tournament only. I honestly dont watch a lot of European football. So I have no clue how he is doing otherwise. I guess he is doing great as he is linked to Real Madrid. I watched him during the World Cup where he looked like a genuine exciting and dynamic talent. Now when I watch him in the Euros he looked a bit meh. No dribbling anything. All he was trying to do was use his pace and win penalties. 

Am so disappointed with that line up - I want Grealish, Mount, Foden, Sancho- just go for it. If we lose at least we gave it a go.

If he doesn't know how to use those players at his disposal he's the wrong man for the job

Edited by duo

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

Mad to think this is the last England game not managed by Steve Bruce.

There's two outcomes.

1. Steve Bruce takes over, apocalypse occurs. Steve Bruce is the Last England Manager.

1. Steve Bruce takes over and builds a England managerial legacy so powerful, they download his brain into a thumb drive and it runs point until the end of times.

4 minutes ago, Bizza said:

That fucking Gazza miss man, so close :'(

I'd forgotten about Anderton hitting the post in extra time in 96. Should have been a tap in but was a fucking terrible pass from McManaman. 

Think that's an awful team, hope I'm wrong obviously, but I'm expecting a passive performance, conceding possession and territory to the Germans, letting them settle nicely into the game. Don't think that's the way to go. It screams of just waiting for the Germans to score before we actually have a go. Huge gaps between the defensive midfield and the 3 up top. Just got a bad feeling we're about to limp out meekly without Neuer getting his gloves dirty. 

Are we playing in white shorts again? Sorry. Just a pet hate of mine. The fuck have we official navy blue shorts but been wearing the white shorts all tournament? Is this a Gullit like superstition or something?

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

But you said he regressed since the world cup? his goalscoring record doesn't reflect that at all, this is is second highest scoring season. I think he had a bad tournament though did a score a great disallowed goal, but the criticism is over the top imo. And agree Deschamps is just a frenhc pardew, he hasn't got a clue what to do with this lot. Like @KaKasaid, Wenger would have them playng ridiculous football.

Has he any interest taking up the role? Would love to see that. 

7 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Y’all are hella lucky it’s Germany you’re playing today. 

Who knows, if Germany turn up they have at the very least a better manager and stronger midfield.