PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Marseille fans have been trying to convince themselves of Saudi investment almost as long as our takeover. Prince Alwaleed was the one with interest rather than PIF iirc? 

I think both were linked, but not quite sure.

Just now, Tsunami said:

Can’t see how it would impact us other than perhaps a feeder club or selling them Almiron for his trigger fee.

I am thinking longterm - 'when' - not 'if' :whistle: we qualify for Champions League and so do Slask WroClaw.

This is a quite a good video explaining the model..

RUMOURS OF MARSEILLE SALE DENIED BY FRANK MCCOURT’S TEAM

RMC Sport via La Provence report this morning that the entourage of Marseille owner Frank McCourt have denied the recent rumours of the club being up for sale.

The American is said to be “outraged” at the reports and has flat-out denied that the club was up for sale – journalist Romain Molina had reported yesterday that talks were underway for a change in ownership with several groups in the last few months.

McCourt’s team are even considering legal action against thse propagating the rumours, and have reaffirmed their long-term commitment to OM. President Pablo Longoria is expected in Boston next week to discuss the club’s future with McCourt.

The 68-year-old has been in charge of the club since 2016, and was recently in town to watch the club qualify for next year’s Champions League with a 4-0 win over Strasbourg.

16 hours ago, duo said:

I am thinking longterm - 'when' - not 'if' :whistle: we qualify for Champions League and so do Slask WroClaw.

This is a quite a good video explaining the model..

Or the Europa League or the Opel Conference.

There is a precedent where UEFA have accepted that the two Red Bull teams can compete in the same European competition if sufficient separation between them is demonstrated. Otherwise, if UEFA don't accept that, the team with the lower UEFA coefficient ranking would not be allowed to play in the competition, which would be us at the moment.

1 hour ago, Jackie Broon said:

Or the Europa League or the Opel Conference.

There is a precedent where UEFA have accepted that the two Red Bull teams can compete in the same European competition if sufficient separation between them is demonstrated. Otherwise, if UEFA don't accept that, the team with the lower UEFA coefficient ranking would not be allowed to play in the competition, which would be us at the moment.

Hope we can change that soon then !!

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Slask only survived relegation by the skin of their balls this year, I'm not sure they have too many good players.

Bet they will come August.

On 25/05/2022 at 00:01, Jackie Broon said:

Update on the application: It all seemed to be going swimmingly, until yesterday when comments came in from the Council’s ecology and landscape officers.

There is the potential for a bat roost within the buildings and surveys will need to be carried out to check for bats. The ecological impact assessment submitted by the architect actually recommends that the surveys are needed, but it seems that they haven’t been carried out and submitted with the application. That’s a frustratingly common oversight, I suspect most architects/agents don't actually read those reports before submitting them.

There are also a couple of trees that will need to be removed to make way for the extensions but the architect has not submitted a tree survey, that will need to be done, submitted and assessed. Another frustratingly common oversight.

There has also been Japanese Knotweed identified in the area of the extensions and further survey work and a remediation scheme will be needed for that, which will probably be conditioned but with a pre-commencement condition. Which will result in needing to make a discharge of conditions application before starting.

Very unlikely they’re going to be able to start this summer now. If a bat roost is identified it isn't necessarily terminal to the application, but would at least delay things further if it would be disturbed, which would require a licence from Natural England.

Latest update: seems that they fucked up the ownership certificate in the application form, completing certificate A which is for when the applicant is the sole owner of all of the application site, that must not have been correct because they’ve now submitted a revised application form with ownership certificate B completed. Certificate B is for when all or part of the application site is owned by other people.

I suspected that was the case when I first looked at the application because it seems likely that the access is in shared ownership.

What this means is that the application timescale restarts from day 0 and the Council will need to allow 21 days from the day they were served notice for the other landowner/s to comment.

Again, this is a frustratingly common mistake by agents who never seem to grasp the importance of ensuring the land ownership declaration is correct and that the onus is entirely on them for that.

Different architect but similar mistake was made on the application to move the Shearer statue with NUFC not listed as the applicant originally.

In this instance the new consultation period is probably immaterial for timescales because of the need to provide ecology info 

Edited by ponsaelius

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Any update on (and I can't believe I'm asking this) the situation with the bats?

:lol: not yet, we should see the bat survey posted on their website when the Council receive it but nothing yet.

17 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

:lol: not yet, we should see the bat survey posted on their website when the Council receive it but nothing yet.

Disappointed it's not a bat signal in the sky tbh.

On 02/06/2022 at 19:00, Mansour said:

Apparently, Olympique de Marseille is next as well.

On 02/06/2022 at 19:01, nbthree3 said:

Marseille fans have been trying to convince themselves of Saudi investment almost as long as our takeover. Prince Alwaleed was the one with interest rather than PIF iirc? 

He must get tired of it all [emoji38] Asking him about Slask might be some worth though