PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Chris Waugh is awful to listen too. I've just cancelled my Athletic subscription as they produce one good article a month at best.

I cancelled mine and they got back to me offering 50% off.

1 hour ago, madras said:

I cancelled mine and they got back to me offering 50% off.

Im paying £1 a month for the 2nd year running.  Happy with that but dont see how people would pay full price

2 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

Seems like the Saudi Golf is taking the limelight this week. Some big names gone over to them as well be interesting to see how their individual sponsorships react. Johnson and Mickelson 2 of the top earners with some big brands. 

Tiger woods refused to go over and play in their golf tournament, apparently the Saudis organisers demanded he had to wear two pairs of pants during all tournaments 

when he asked why they said….

incase you get a hole in one 

Edited by JonBez comesock

15 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Tiger woods refused to go over and play in their golf tournament, apparently the Saudis organisers demanded he had to wear two pairs of pants during all tournaments 

Don't really know what to say to this 

29 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Can anyone confirm if this is true?

4 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

C59F109D-793B-4785-92D9-07AA412F4867.jpeg.67f7d47b9afdbc94a272e5b2fbe494c8.jpeg

I’m wondering what’s the hold up on hiring a CEO. It’s been totally silent on that front for awhile now. 

Im also surprised we haven’t signed any new sponsorship deals either. I’m assuming the ownership are fully focused on the playing side for the time being. 

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

I’m wondering what’s the hold up on hiring a CEO. It’s been totally silent on that front for awhile now. 

Im also surprised we haven’t signed any new sponsorship deals either. I’m assuming the ownership are fully focused on the playing side for the time being. 

We don't actually know very much about what the plans are generally, tbf - Staveley had said 250m investment over five windows had been the plan - but that was after the original deal 'collapsed'.  Most of it has been vague (and I suspect speculative) and PIF has said almost nowt since buying the club.  The club needs a proper CEO, that's for definite - it does feel a bit rudderless at the moment.  I think the decisions re manager and DoF have been spot-on, mind, so what I've written isn't unnecessary panic - and I like the obvious passion Staveley, Reuben and Ghoudoussi have for their roles.  But it would be good to see a first-rate CEO join the board to really drive the club.

3 hours ago, r0cafella said:

You'd suspect sponsorship deals will be announced from 1st July as this seems to be the general break point for existing deals.

6 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

You'd suspect sponsorship deals will be announced from 1st July as this seems to be the general break point for existing deals.

I was thinking totally new commercial deals as our current ones are lacking. 

But of course, it’s very much wait and see. 

28 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I was thinking totally new commercial deals as our current ones are lacking. 

But of course, it’s very much wait and see. 

If it is true that the Fun88 deal is being cut short then it will expire on 30 June coming. I just think the club will let this pass before announcing new deals.

3 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

If it is true that the Fun88 deal is being cut short then it will expire on 30 June coming. I just think the club will let this pass before announcing new deals.

The Fun88 deal is being cut short at the end of this coming season so June 30 2023, not this year.