PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

I've just been listening to Disunited Nation's, the cheaper on Saudi Arabia was telling.

The house of saud is such an awful family.

Yeah, I read Peter Zeihan’s book.  Yep, they are fucking awful - the House of Saud is right up there with the worst of the worst when it comes to govts. 

There is no real reform coming, either.   There is no rule of law, only feudal application of ‘order’ and Bronze Age morality.  The funders and purveyors of Wahhabist lunacy (for everyone else at least - the House of Saud doesn’t need to follow the sharia code that they set for everyone else).  

Absolutely sick of hearing about Saudi fucking Arabia like. Can't go a day without hearing about the cunts.

Fed up of how blatant and on the nose all this shit is. It's really incomparable to Man City. Fed up of all the politics surrounding the club. From the politics between fans around Ashley to this. 

Think I'll do well to log out of twitter and ignore NUFC until it's close to match day.

No bigger condemnation of our fanbase than the elevation of “Adam P”, an irredeemably thick fucking cunt and embarrassment. 

“a think he’s funny me lyk” - zzZZ fuck off. 

Edited by Paulinho

13 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

No bigger condemnation of our fanbase than the elevation of “Adam P”, an irredeemably thick fucking cunt and embarrassment. 

“a think he’s funny me lyk” - zzZZ fuck off. 

I mean he may not be my cup of tea, but calling him a "thick fucking cunt" is shit form. If you don't like him, that's fine, but no need to be needlessly mean.

People need to be able to recognise and separate the people who bring up the Saudi stuff because they are jealous/fearful of our takeover, and those with genuine concerns.

Those with genuine concerns are not personally attacking you because they disagree with the Saudi national team playing here.

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah, I read Peter Zeihan’s book.  Yep, they are fucking awful - the House of Saud is right up there with the worst of the worst when it comes to govts. 

There is no real reform coming, either.   There is no rule of law, only feudal application of ‘order’ and Bronze Age morality.  The funders and purveyors of Wahhabist lunacy (for everyone else at least - the House of Saud doesn’t need to follow the sharia code that they set for everyone else).  

What an absolute pile of bollocks, i live next to Saudi and have been traveling there for work regularly for the last 10 years, the level of reform and change that has happened to the country since MBS took over is staggering, the country and especially its women and youth are now more empowered than ever and people there are the happiest I've ever seen them since i started going, but yeah some guy wrote a  book so it must be terrible over there :lol:

Seeing is believing for me, I'm also in Newcastle frequently and nothing positive is ever mentioned in the media about Saudi or all the good things that MBS has done there, so i'm not surprised most people who haven't been there or witnessed the change hold on to a certain image and are actually embarrassed or think someone is either thick or a  Saudi apologist if they say anything positive about the country.

Edited by Newcastle Fan

3 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

What an absolute pile of bollocks, i live next to Saudi and have been traveling there for work regularly for the last 10 years, the level of reform and change that has happened to the country since MBS took over is staggering, the country and especially its women and youth are now more empowered than ever and people there are the happiest I've ever seen them since i started going, but yeah some guy wrote a  book so it must be terrible over there :lol:

Seeing is believing for me, I'm also in Newcastle frequently and nothing positive is ever mentioned in the media about Saudi or all the good things that MBS has done there, so i'm not surprised most people who haven't been been there or witness the change hold on to a certain image and are actually embarrassed or think someone is either thick or a  Saudi apologist if they say anything positive about the country.

This won't suit some peoples dogmatic agendas but very well said, many who condemn & try to polarise opinions of Saudi won't of been within a jet ride of the country, but here we have someone giving balance who has 1st hand & with over a decade of experience of the country. 

39 minutes ago, Stifler said:

People need to be able to recognise and separate the people who bring up the Saudi stuff because they are jealous/fearful of our takeover, and those with genuine concerns.

Those with genuine concerns are not personally attacking you because they disagree with the Saudi national team playing here.

I actually know the bloke in the video and he is most definitely a guy with genuine concerns, not some jealous football fan.

6 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I actually know the bloke in the video and he is most definitely a guy with genuine concerns, not some jealous football fan.

I’m not saying he is, I’m saying the opposite and defending him. What I’m saying is that there is a difference between fans and journalists on Twitter using it as a means to have a go at our fans, or play down our achievements, and people like him who have had genuine beliefs.

I’ve not seen the videos, but going by the thumbnails I can imagine it’s a bunch of kids playing ‘what aboutism’ with him, and saying he can’t be a true NUFC fan etc.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Unfortunately in the footballing world, they don't exist, so It's quite easy to separate IMHO. 

I wouldn't be too concerned if I were him, its just yet another business the Saudi's have invested in.

You can attach 'sportswashing' to differentiate it from anything else and that's a load of bollocks in itself. Could just as easily come up with 'business-washing' and or 'airline washing' and leave sport off the hook like those industries are now.

As is the notion that 'sportswashing' is to hide their human rights records when owning football clubs and hosting world cups is one of the worst things you could do if that's the case (most people in the west knew nothing about Qatar until they got/hosted the world cup) so you have to doubt that's the case at all.

Think the most genuine concern should come from people who love the club and dont want it associated with Saudi. The other way I don't think really works. You shouldn't feel any differently about KSA now than you did before they owned a football club.

Just my two penneth obviously.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Just now, Wolfcastle said:

I wouldn't be too concerned if I were him, its just yet another business the Saudi's have invested in.

You can attach 'sportswashing' to differentiate it from anything else and that's a load of bollocks in itself. Could just as easily come up with 'business-washing' and or 'airline washing' and leave sport off the hook like those industries are now.

As is the notion that 'sportswashing' is to hide their human rights records when owning football clubs and hosting world cups is oneof the worst things you could do if that's the case, so you have to doubt that's the case at all.

Think the most genuine concern should come from people who love the club and dont want it associated with Saudi. The other way I don't think really works. You shouldn't feel any differently about KSA now than you did before they owned a football club.

Just my two penneth obviously.

So much damage is being done by big companies in the country through their links in government but since the media is also in their back pocket nothing is said and no one is interested. 

I honestly couldn't give a fuck any more. Not even going to pretend I care, just hope more money comes our way and we can upset the cartel.

Hate absolutely everything about that Adam P video. Hate that he's posted it purely for interactions, hate the morons and their moronic opinions in it, hate that it's a very easy thing to bash all of our fans with and hate the fucking classist bigoted shit comments it's spawned about this city and the people that live here from those living outside the North East.

45 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Hate absolutely everything about that Adam P video. Hate that he's posted it purely for interactions, hate the morons and their moronic opinions in it, hate that it's a very easy thing to bash all of our fans with and hate the fucking classist bigoted shit comments it's spawned about this city and the people that live here from those living outside the North East.

Personally I’m glad he made the video. Im not sure exactly how many of our fans think like the people in the video, but the number is high enough for it to have been a problem. Largely on social media, but even off it I’ve heard people spout similar opinions. Hopefully as a fanbase we can use videos like this to better ourselves.

2 hours ago, Slim said:

What a sad wee daftie. Apart from having same coloured hair he looks nothing like Gordon. I imagine someone said he did once and now tries to life off it. Grow up and get a life 

What a load of shite. He's not very bright is he? :lol:

The protest is bile, not appropriate, should be challenged, and there are kids around apparently. Aye, I'm sure it's them protesting that's all those things, and what they're protesting against is sound.

You can tell he's cut that video of him talking to the protestor as well.

Guaranteed he made that moronic "it's not a human rights abuse because they didn't sign up to the agreement" point as well.