PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Spot on if Newcastle benefits from Saudi investment like Manchester has from Abhu Dhabi fucking brilliant. 

This is the part of the takeover that fully justifies govt intervention to push it through, it’s taken a while to gather pace but if the Tyne gets investment for offshore and the universities as well, it’ll  be tremendous for the whole of Tyneside and wider region.

I remember listening to a pod case with that Professor gadgie (he’s a tosser I know) on who was saying the Saudis invested in NUFC for things such as the Tyne and the location of the city in terms of future investment. Love it. 

I'm aware it's slightly more nuanced than this but it kind of rubbed me the wrong way that the guy who's pushing the story is based in Nice. 

I understand he's got his own agenda but it's about poverty in the NE & improving the region and he's casting aspersions from his gaff in the French Riviera. 

Its why as critical as i am of saudi arabia, it is blood money i guess, but the region has so underinvested in, and goddamn it takes this for anything to happen, but I can't sit and say yes all those jobs for people in the city i love, all that money i'd give that up for a clear conscience, while i drive a petrol powered car and shop on amazon. It's far from perfect, as is the world, but this is still good news

5 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Reckon, Saudia start flying out of Ponteland Airport?

This gets floated repeatedly and the answer is a big fat no.

There’s no passenger demand, it would have to be subsidised to a ridiculous extent and introducing the route would cannibalise Emirates traffic to Dubai - losing that would be terrible.

9 minutes ago, christ said:

There’s no passenger demand, it would have to be subsidised to a ridiculous extent and introducing the route would cannibalise Emirates traffic to Dubai - losing that would be terrible.

If the new airport is built in Riyadh as a new Middle East hub for 2030 then things could change but agree as things stand then it’s highly unlikely.

24 minutes ago, christ said:

Massive upgrades need to Newcastle airport for this to ever happen, its not bad going out, but coming back in they may as well let you out the side gate once the plane lands and head straight to your car.

I reckon it's a good idea to at least have the curiosity to think on the reasons why our city or our country being financially reliant on a state like Saudi Arabia might not be the best idea in the long run like. There's a pretty good example of what that leads to going on right now as well.

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

Massive upgrades need to Newcastle airport for this to ever happen, its not bad going out, but coming back in they may as well let you out the side gate once the plane lands and head straight to your car.

The arrival experience at Newcastle is genuinely one of the better ones IMO. Hate walking for miles through a soulless terminal building. At least at NCL it’s a mercifully short jaunt towards the hell that is dealing with UK Border Force personnel.

54 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Spot on if Newcastle benefits from Saudi investment like Manchester has from Abhu Dhabi fucking brilliant. 

This is the part of the takeover that fully justifies govt intervention to push it through, it’s taken a while to gather pace but if the Tyne gets investment for offshore and the universities as well, it’ll  be tremendous for the whole of Tyneside and wider region.

It’s also the part of the takeover that is mostly forgotten. These guys are going to transform the North East and use it as a hub. Probably get involved with the wind power stuff etc. Reuben’s assisting with their already large property portfolio in the area. 

10 minutes ago, christ said:

The arrival experience at Newcastle is genuinely one of the better ones IMO. Hate walking for miles through a soulless terminal building. At least at NCL it’s a mercifully short jaunt towards the hell that is dealing with UK Border Force personnel.

Aye, I'm already miserable as fuck stepping foot back into freezing cold Newcastle without the hassle of walking for miles and queuing [emoji38]

27 minutes ago, LFEE said:

It’s also the part of the takeover that is mostly forgotten. These guys are going to transform the North East and use it as a hub. Probably get involved with the wind power stuff etc. Reuben’s assisting with their already large property portfolio in the area. 

Yes noticed in the Chronicle last week energy company are looking to remove some electrical pylon that goes over the Tyne to allow larger ships to travel further up river. Think the Tyne and wind power could be where a large chunk of this investment goes.

12 hours ago, christ said:

Honestly those self service machines are a load of shite, my passport works everywhere bar those ones. Without fail

i have to queue twice to see an agent.

15 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Seen this, no idea if true..

I don’t see why it wouldn’t be true. 

Their is a big event in Saudi this week and Newcastle United have a couple of speakers (Staveley, Becky Langley iirc)

Hope they sports wash the shit out of the region then, because we typically get fuck all from central government. We often have to beg for relative pocket change when it comes to investment.

27 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Seen this, no idea if true..

Yes, I believe this is true, there was a major event in SA UK government attended large companies etc. good news for the north east and hopefully it’s just the beginning.

31 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Hope they sports wash the shit out of the region then, because we typically get fuck all from central government. We often have to beg for relative pocket change when it comes to investment.

Couldn’t agree more 

4 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

Honestly those self service machines are a load of shite, my passport works everywhere bar those ones. Without fail

i have to queue twice to see an agent.

If you get stopped every time, it's not the machine failing.

I travel regularly for work and the e-gates refuse me every time. I got sick and asked the border official.

His response: "Well I can't say for certain for obvious reasons, but..... (checks computer) one 'possible' explanation could be that we're looking for someone with very similar details to yours *nodds enthusiastically*, but as I say I can't say for certain *more nodding*"

You've likely got some kind of flag on your passport. Annoying but there's little you can do. I've got 2 UK passports and the same happens on both of them.

17 hours ago, Ben said:

That would be mint [emoji38]

1 hour ago, The Butcher said:

Saudi Arabia doing more for the region than your own government. Quite disgusting really.

Yep. So did the EU until we left it…

I'm not sure if this is just a proposal or what but I get involved I this sort of thing for North east engineering company's and nobody has mentioned it