PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Seems like the Chairman might've kicked some ass at the weekend and just told them to go on a spending spree to sort this shit out. He's travelled over twice now and seen us get battered by Spurs and humiliated by Cambridge. Poor bastard!

Guest Biggsbond14
44 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Wonder if the gobshite dentist will take over as chief training ground creep from that YouTube kid?

He’s just a opinionated prick hanging onto wraiths pants 

Just now, xLiaaamx said:

Some of our lot will be raging its a dry country and they can't go on the booze. 

There'll be booze available in private, probably at the hotel they will be staying at. Not sure Howe would be allowing it anyway. 

10 minutes ago, TRon said:

There'll be booze available in private, probably at the hotel they will be staying at. Not sure Howe would be allowing it anyway. 

There really isn't.

I've been to Saudi many times, for many weeks at a time. I've been to Jeddah, Dhahran and Riyadh. There is no alcohol available at all in the country as a whole. None.

There's one exception - The British Aerospace compounds. I've stayed on them a few times, and there the expats make homebrew. But that's the only chance of alcohol in Saudi. Oh, and embassy parties. But I doubt they'll get to any of them!

Oh and they won't be able to get on the BAE compounds, there's no way on them. They're walled compounds that are strictly for employees only. I got in as I was working as a consultant for BAE but even then the application process was horrific and took weeks. There's zero chance of them getting in there just because they can't go a week without a beer.

Edited by Chris_R

25 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Seems like the Chairman might've kicked some ass at the weekend and just told them to go on a spending spree to sort this shit out. He's travelled over twice now and seen us get battered by Spurs and humiliated by Cambridge. Poor bastard!

3 times pretty sure he was here for the Brentford game also

Just now, Fatwax said:

If they’re desperate they’ll just do a border run.

Yeah, you can go across the causeway to Bahrain, that's the usual thing to do on a weekend from Dhahran, but you can't bring any back with you. The cars are searched on crossing back in. Just not worth it, the penalties are massive, and I'm not talking financially. 

It'd be all levels of madness to even try. 

3 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Yeah, you can go across the causeway to Bahrain, that's the usual thing to do on a weekend from Dhahran, but you can't bring any back with you. The cars are searched on crossing back in. Just not worth it, the penalties are massive, and I'm not talking financially. 

It'd be all levels of madness to even try. 

Aye I live in Abu Dhabi and there’s plenty who have spent time in Saudi who have said as much.

Also thinking about it, they'll almost certainly all have single-entry visas, which mean they can't do a border run even if they were utterly crazy.

If they leave to go to Bahrain, they'll not get back in. :lol:

18 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

There really isn't.

I've been to Saudi many times, for many weeks at a time. I've been to Jeddah, Dhahran and Riyadh. There is no alcohol available at all in the country as a whole. None.

There's one exception - The British Aerospace compounds. I've stayed on them a few times, and there the expats make homebrew. But that's the only chance of alcohol in Saudi. Oh, and embassy parties. But I doubt they'll get to any of them!

Oh and they won't be able to get on the BAE compounds, there's no way on them. They're walled compounds that are strictly for employees only. I got in as I was working as a consultant for BAE but even then the application process was horrific and took weeks. There's zero chance of them getting in there just because they can't go a week without a beer.

I've been to Saudi zero times, and have no plans on going either, but I would have thought your situation will be different to a team which is actually owned by the Saudis themselves. They will be considered VIPs of the highest status, I would have thought there would be special arrangements made if they agreed to go over there. Although personally, I doubt Howe would sanction booze on a training trip anyway. 

31 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Libya was a dry country when I was there, and it was still pretty damn easy to get booze, even under Gaddafi.

Fuck were you doing in Libya?

That must have been amazing. 

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

I've been to Saudi zero times, and have no plans on going either, but I would have thought your situation will be different to a team which is actually owned by the Saudis themselves. They will be considered VIPs of the highest status, I would have thought there would be special arrangements made if they agreed to go over there. Although personally, I doubt Howe would sanction booze on a training trip anyway.