PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

. Wait why are we talking about Staveley getting the boot? Last time I checked she wasn't the one managing the shite group of players we have. Or kicking the ball about the field. The only thing that would work against her would be if we didn't get any players in in January but by the looks of the players we are going for that's not likely OR she told PIF this team could stay up with no investment which I would be certain she hasn't said. 

The Saudis selling us for a loss in the championship would be shown as a sign of weakness there is no way they would do that. They will try and make our club a 2bn quid club they aren't going to sell cause we may be worth 150m in 5 months. And let's be Frank we've been tipped for relegation since they started looking at us so its no surprise to them we are where we are. 

1 minute ago, Gazzaschicken said:

. Wait why are we talking about Staveley getting the boot? Last time I checked she wasn't the one managing the shite group of players we have. Or kicking the ball about the field. The only thing that would work against her would be if we didn't get any players in in January but by the looks of the players we are going for that's not likely OR she told PIF this team could stay up with no investment which I would be certain she hasn't said. 

The Saudis selling us for a loss in the championship would be shown as a sign of weakness there is no way they would do that. They will try and make our club a 2bn quid club they aren't going to sell cause we may be worth 150m in 5 months. And let's be Frank we've been tipped for relegation since they started looking at us so its no surprise to them we are where we are. 

Who’s frank and can he play upfront ?

19 hours ago, LV said:

Athletic saying Stavely, Mehrdad and Al-Rumayyan went into the dressing room to talk to the players after the match. And saw Howe and his coaching team separately.

Apparently it was to show their support for the team but it does seem like there could be something more to it.

Edit: I’m not alluding to any sacking or owt like that. Maybe just a reminder to all of who’s in charge and that the players need to perform 

Hopefully it was a ‘if you don’t want to be here, fuck off and we’ll pay you out. We don’t need you stinking out the squad’

10 minutes ago, Robster said:

Talking about giving Amanda Staveley the boot. Come on man.

She said herself that she would get the boot if she doesn't deliver in one of her first interviews after the takeover.

(I'm not saying there's any prospect of that happening right now)

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

She said herself that she would get the boot if she doesn't deliver in one of her first interviews after the takeover.

(I'm not saying there's any prospect of that happening right now)

We haven’t even got a DoF in yet. I hardly think they’re going to turf her if we get relegated

Remember when we got leaked news of how well Howe interviewed? He'd done his homework on the players, he'd identified how he would make improvements, how he would improve the training and so forth, very impressive stuff. They clearly liked what they heard and appointed him.

Questions I'm now wondering are - has he been able to implement these methods? If not, why not? And also, were the problems and issues he identified from the tapes the actual problems and issues he's encountered now he's here and in the thick of it? I'd love to hear his responses. 

6 minutes ago, midds said:

Remember when we got leaked news of how well Howe interviewed? He'd done his homework on the players, he'd identified how he would make improvements, how he would improve the training and so forth, very impressive stuff. They clearly liked what they heard and appointed him.

Questions I'm now wondering are - has he been able to implement these methods? If not, why not? And also, were the problems and issues he identified from the tapes the actual problems and issues he's encountered now he's here and in the thick of it? I'd love to hear his responses. 

He’s been in the job, what 9 weeks? I’d imagine the answers will be some no’s and some yes but ‘fuck me, what a mess’

16 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It was a collective decision to get Howe, PIF agree and signed the deal off so no added pressure on Stavely.

It seems like it wasn't an entirely unanimous decision and Emery was PIF's first choice, and Staveley was probably instrumental in the processes/failure to persuade him take the job.

If Howe does fail to keep us up I could see Staveley taking the responsibility for that.

Edited by Jackie Broon

4 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

It seems like it wasn't an entirely unanimous decision and Emery was PIF's first choice, and Staveley was probably instrumental in the processes/failure to persuade him take the job.

If Howe does fail to keep us up I could see Staveley taking the responsibility for that.

Might be wrong but I thought Emery was who stavely was pushing 

Nobody's head is going to roll if (of course we will) get relegated.

Yesterday's result was a huge banana skin for Howe, if he can't put fixes in place for the issues he's called out to Amanda then he'll lose confidence, then over time his job. Losing to Cambridge is 💯 not acceptable whether we're a premiership or championship club.

I get the impression that some don’t like Staveley for some reason and I wonder why that is. 

She’s pretty much single-handedly brought us this investment and managed to oust that parasite Ashley from the club. This is the most optimistic and bright outlook for the club in years and yet some are already wondering if she’ll get the boot because the team she inherited under 3 months ago is not performing??

Im amazed. 

We really do have Stockholm syndrome.

We owe Amanda a fucking huge chunk of our respect for sticking through with convincing serious investors that we are absolutely a good investment.

Some of the comments towards her make me sick.

We might have big problems on the pitch but nothing to worry about with the ownership. Yes they’ll make mistakes, but the difference is they’re genuine mistakes and have the clubs best interests at the forefront of everything.

If we get relegated they’ll rebuild and bring us back. For all I’m still fuming at yesterday, I’d still bite your arm off to be where we are today than back in September.

Edited by Whitley mag

I’m so fucking sick of some of our own supporters. What kind of now now now now teenage mindset do some of you have? Do you have any clue how major businesses are run? Is there no base level amount of respect that these are people putting their own time and money in (the owners) that freed us of Ashley and finally started treating the fans and city with respect?

Its been a few months, mistakes will be made. Decisions will be wrong. They will need to be held accountable when appropriate but as always with this fan base it’s all hysteria all the time. Christ, man. 

Edited by Kanji

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I’m so fucking sick of some of our own supporters. What kind of now now now now teenage mindset do some of you have? Do you have any clue how major businesses are run? Is there no base level amount of respect that these are people putting their own time and money in (the owners) that freed us of Ashley and finally started treating the fans and city with respect?

Its been a few months, mistakes will be made. Decisions will be wrong. They will need to be held accountable when appropriate but as always with this fan base it’s all hysteria all the time. Christ, man. 

Very well said. 

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Here fucking here.