PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I’m so fucking sick of some of our own supporters. What kind of now now now now teenage mindset do some of you have? Do you have any clue how major businesses are run? Is there no base level amount of respect that these are people putting their own time and money in (the owners) that freed us of Ashley and finally started treating the fans and city with respect?

Its been a few months, mistakes will be made. Decisions will be wrong. They will need to be held accountable when appropriate but as always with this fan base it’s all hysteria all the time. Christ, man. 

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

I read the discussion and it’s fucking pointless, Poot. Amanda has spent 3 years trying to buy us and once she does she actually tries to treat people with respect while people in the press and internet bash her credentials, bash her professionalism, bash her appearance, and constantly treat her like she’s just some fraud. It’s sickening sexist bullshit. I’m tired of it and it’s unacceptable. 

Whether PIF decide to terminate the PCP management contract or not is up to them and they can do it for whatever reason they want - but they literally sign off on every single decision here of any major consequence. It’s just as much on them as it is the rest of the board of directors. I suspect the day we get a ceo and sporting director the less you’ll see of Amanda making day to day decisions. And I’m sure she’d rather it be that way too. 

8 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

:rose: It's all healthy.

But your last point is bang on about the media's treatment of her. It's one of the reasons I'm even more behind her, tbh. 

100% man. Literally boils my blood when I read some of the stuff about her. I

22 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Oh, it might be pointless, which is why I've not been interested in commenting (as I agree). But what you said is happening, and got your goat, hasn't in that discussion. Not one person called for her to be sacked. It's just the board power being discussed and others freaking out like she's been called on to quite. Headline reading and over-reacting to a "who's idea was Emery etc" discussion.

It’s a discussion on how PIF maybe viewing what is happening so far nothing more. As Jackie Broon said. she has come out herself saying results are expected. Nobody has came out saying they don’t like her or that she should be sacked either, as you say. There is a need for a football director to be appointed (should have been weeks ago) and let her concentrate on the PR side of things. Some are having hissy fits over people just discussing where we are currently and how it’s being viewed by PIF. 

I think they are doing an excellent job. Trippier was an excellent signing and they have reacted very quickly to Wilsons injury. 

Wood isn't anyone first choice but he has a good record in the Premier league and about the best experienced striker we could have signed in our circumstances.  

We would have been fucked without a half decent striker. I'm really happy they recognised this and acted quickly. 

Had the prior owner pulled the plug on Bruce earlier this season or the summer and brought in a halfway decent coach, we’d be comfortably above the drop zone despite the lack of quality and options in the squad. The new owners have had to learn on the fly, have had to deal with very obvious bias and fear amongst the other PL clubs and the constant media scrutiny incapable of accepting a woman like AS as part owner and asset manager of the club. 

Nobody in the media is rooting for her to succeed, or us for that matter. It does make the entire job more difficult when there’s a constant lens on us. 

“Richest owners” nonsense is such a lazy thing to say. Yes we have the money, but we’re 19th in the league and nobody is doing us any favors. New owners are massively successful folk who will make mistakes but the difference between now and before is that we finally have owners who care about the club and hopefully will own up to mistakes and make changes when needed. 

55 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I think they are doing an excellent job. Trippier was an excellent signing and they have reacted very quickly to Wilsons injury. 

Wood isn't anyone first choice but he has a good record in the Premier league and about the best experienced striker we could have signed in our circumstances.  

We would have been fucked without a half decent striker. I'm really happy they recognised this and acted quickly. 

Not many owners would have sanctioned spending £25m on a clearly limited, but effective target man who's value will only go down. It was bold and decisive, and may well save our season. 

10 minutes ago, TRon said:

Not many owners would have sanctioned spending £25m on a clearly limited, but effective target man who's value will only go down. It was bold and decisive, and may well save our season. 

“Bold and decisive “ I’m liking the new us! :indi:

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

“Bold and decisive “ I’m liking the new us! :indi:

I don't know if Burnley were one of the teams who absolutely hate us since the takeover, but they do now. :lol: