PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Right, so when the hell will they have time to play that? :lol:

Bet they try and squeeze it in during the summer, so players will have:

2024: Euros & Copa America

2025: Club World Cup

2026: World Cup

2027: First period players get a month break in 4 years.

The turbocunt who is front and centre of FIFA might have changed, but it's reassuring to see that the greed is still as prevalent as ever.

"Qatar 2022 has been the best World Cup ever" - wonder how much his palm was greased to get him to say that?!  It hasn't even finished yet FFS.

2 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

Christ, not this shite again.  Hopefully no-one bales out of the FA Cup like ManUre did.

FIFA has long been desperate to get some of that sweet, sweet club football cash.  The problem is no-one in Europe has ever, nor will ever, give a shite about these tournaments.  Intercontinental Cup / that Toyota giant key cup / FIFA Club World Cup etc.  Load of crap. 

Not that I think it’ll happen but say Arsenal collapse and City still have blips in new year, the unthinkable happens and we win the league this season.

Was just thinking about this scenario and whilst clearly the city would be on a bender for 2 weeks solid and we’d go fucking beserk, it would be interesting to see psychologically how as a fanbase we’d react going forward.

We’re all seeing this as an exciting journey currently whereby we probably build over the next couple of windows, finish top 4, play in Europe, hopefully get to Wembley and then eventually, possibly win the league.

If we win the league this year would it spoil us and kill some of the intrigue of how this is going to pan out, clearly opportunities to win the league don’t come easily and you could never turn the opportunity down after the barren years we’ve had.

But would it be better to do it incrementally, maybe win a league cup first and build to the bigger trophies to fully appreciate it. 

Ultimately I expect us to win fucking everything, but in a few years when we look back the journey is sometimes the best part.

Edited by Whitley mag

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Not that I think it’ll happen but say Arsenal collapse and City still have blips in new year, the unthinkable happens and we win the league this season.

Was just thinking about this scenario and whilst clearly the city would be on a bender for 2 weeks solid and we’d go fucking beserk, it would be interesting to see psychologically how as a fanbase we’d react going forward.

We’re all seeing this as an exciting journey currently whereby we probably build over the next couple of windows, finish top 4, play in Europe, hopefully get to Wembley and then eventually, possibly win the league.

If we win the league this year would it spoil us and kill some of the intrigue of how this is going to pan out, clearly opportunities to win the league don’t come easily and you could never turn the opportunity down after the barren years we’ve had.

But would it be better to do it incrementally, maybe win a league cup first and build to the bigger trophies to fully appreciate it. 

Ultimately I expect us to win fucking everything, but in a few years when we look back the journey is sometimes the best part.

I vividly remember coming back from a win at Highbury in May 1997, a week where we still had an outside chance of winning the title - we had three games left (what was it with NUFC playing four league games in the final week of the season when we could win it?), knowing that if we won all three (including at OT) and Man Utd lost to West Ham final day we could win it.

I had a (drunk) conversation with a couple of mates on the bus back, where we eventually aligned on wanting to wait to win it ‘properly’, given that to win it that year having looked to be out of the race for so long would be weirdly anticlimactic.  Next year would be a non-stop tilt for the title replete with a victory lap in the last few fixtures.

So while totally getting your point, having enjoyed the next barren quarter of a century, I think we hope we win anything we can whenever the opportunity presents :) 

5 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Build it, earn it . However I'd take it in a heart beat if the chance came .