Jump to content

PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media


Recommended Posts

If no one went on Twitter none of this shite would be known , it’s all a load of bollocks Wraith etc the lot I take no notice of it all .

 

im fucking sick of reading about the supposed outrage of Nufc Twitter “fans” and Saudis etc etc .

 

Fuck off, it’s down to football now , the rest can do one .

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Hahahaha

 

Serves him right the utter gobshite.

I saw him making claims about various MPs on Twitter last night and thought just setting yourself up for a libel case. Let the Twitter fame get to his head and thought he was untouchable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Long read if you’re into geopolitics and all that. 
 

 

 

A fortnight ago I tried to briefly explain the geopolitics of the Gulf region but failed due to the lack of journalistic writing skills on my part. This article is just extremely heartwarming and is filled with facts some of you could be reading for the first time. These facts are well-known in the Middle East but are distorted by the Giant Qatari media when it's reported in the west. It's worth noting that the Qataris are not just the owners of AlJazeera Media Network (including BeIN) but also a host of western-based news organizations that specialize in Middle East-related news. The Qatari media empire built over the past two decades is certainly one of the greatest achievements of any middle eastern state.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Khalidao said:

 

A fortnight ago I tried to briefly explain the geopolitics of the Gulf region but failed due to the lack of journalistic writing skills on my part. This article is just extremely heartwarming and is filled with facts some of you could be reading for the first time. These facts are well-known in the Middle East but are distorted by the Giant Qatari media when it's reported in the west. It's worth noting that the Qataris are not just the owners of AlJazeera Media Network (including BeIN) but also a host of western-based news organizations that specialize in Middle East-related news. The Qatari media empire built over the past two decades is certainly one of the greatest achievements of any middle eastern state.


Whether the points the article makes are true or not, overall it felt like I was reading a piece of Saudi propaganda. You don’t just skim over the murder of a journalist like that while throwing in a few snippets to discredit the guy.

 

So what if he had a political agenda? He didn’t deserve to be butchered in an embassy while his fiancé waited outside.

 

We’re not obliged as supporters of the club to get involved with this shit no matter how the media or internet folk would like us to believe. We should steer well clear of it to be honest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:


Whether the points the article makes are true or not, overall it felt like I was reading a piece of Saudi propaganda. You don’t just skim over the murder of a journalist like that while throwing in a few snippets to discredit the guy.

 

So what if he had a political agenda? He didn’t deserve to be butchered in an embassy while his fiancé waited outside.

 

We’re not obliged as supporters of the club to get involved with this shit no matter how the media or internet folk would like us to believe. We should steer well clear of it to be honest.

As Eddie said “it’s about the football” :indi:

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59225679

 

Some interesting bits in here about the process that led to Howe being appointed.

The bit about haggling over less than 200k for his assistants if true makes us look a bit small time. Are we gonna be another PSG/City or do we have tight fisted investors. Let’s be honest the reported 50m a season that their business plan had doesn’t get you much.  
Edit- I know it could all by incorrect  reporting 

 

 

Edited by SAK

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59225679

 

Some interesting bits in here about the process that led to Howe being appointed.


Think everyone had a good feeling that a lot of mistakes have been made, but they have said that when errors are made, they will hold their hands up and improve the process moving forward.
 

The big issue I had was the part of feeding the press before having things all tied up. I thought they may have learned their lessons after ‘no red flags gate’, but they repeated this with Emery and this (probably) resulted in losing out on their actual number 1 target. Surely they will learn this time that feeding news to get the fans onside when they are still at the negotiation stage, could result in the opposite effect when it doesn’t happen. Give the likes of Hope, Caulkin etc. exclusives when they have been confirmed. I’m fairly convinced they will not repeat this error in future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SAK said:

The bit about haggling over less than 200k for his assistants if true makes us look a bit small time. Are we gonna be another PSG/City or do we have tight fisted investors. Let’s be honest the reported 50m a season that their business plan had doesn’t get you much.  
Edit- I know it could all by incorrect  reporting 

 

 

 

 

I think (hope? [emoji38]) where he says they can't be seen to be too loose with cash will be about right, nor should they be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SAK said:

The bit about haggling over less than 200k for his assistants if true makes us look a bit small time. Are we gonna be another PSG/City or do we have tight fisted investors. Let’s be honest the reported 50m a season that their business plan had doesn’t get you much.  
Edit- I know it could all by incorrect  reporting 

 

 

 


I’m not concerned by this at all, it’s good business practice to negotiate the best deal possible. I’m pretty certain OSG/City will have negotiated their deals also to get the best deal possible. If we hear about a deal not being concluded as a result of money (we won’t), them I might start asking why.
 

As for the the money available for transfers. We have to keep within FFP limits. People are ignoring the fact though that the current estimates of money availability are based on where the club stands at this moment. Once the sponsorship/commercial deals/revenue come flooding in, then that will dramatically change the amount of money available.

 

 

Edited by et tu brute

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, et tu brute said:


I’m not concerned by this at all, it’s good business practice to negotiate the best deal possible. I’m pretty certain OSG/City will have negotiated their deals also to get the best deal possible. If we hear about a deal not being concluded as a result of money (we won’t), them I might start asking why.
 

As for the the money available for transfers. We have to keep within FFP limits. People are ignoring the fact though that the current estimates of money availability are based on where the club stands at this moment. Once the sponsorship/commercial deals/revenue come flooding in, then that will dramatically change the amount of money available.

 

 

 

Sounds great doesn’t it .

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, et tu brute said:


I’m not concerned by this at all, it’s good business practice to negotiate the best deal possible.

 

 

This. There's a difference between negotiating deals and actively using unrealistic targets as an excuse to not spend money at all like Ashley. I don't want the club to pay whatever a club, player, manager or staff is asking for - it's fair to assume anyone our club approaches now will be opportunistic and ask for way more than they would normally expect from any other club.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:


Whether the points the article makes are true or not, overall it felt like I was reading a piece of Saudi propaganda. You don’t just skim over the murder of a journalist like that while throwing in a few snippets to discredit the guy.

 

So what if he had a political agenda? He didn’t deserve to be butchered in an embassy while his fiancé waited outside.

 

We’re not obliged as supporters of the club to get involved with this shit no matter how the media or internet folk would like us to believe. We should steer well clear of it to be honest.

 

Agreed.

 

But if any that article was in fact a counterpropaganda.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Away Toon said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59225679

 

Some interesting bits in here about the process that led to Howe being appointed.

 

Some of the criticisms seemed a bit misguided. He confuses 'leaks' with 'briefings'. Then, at times, he says the club didn't do proper preparations, but also says they acted prematurely. 

 

I've heard so many explanations as to why Emery turned the job down. Uprooting yourself and your family from Spain to the North East is a big decision, and maybe he thought better or more equal opportunities would come his way if he sat tight.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They’ve been far too loose lipped with the media, but the stuff around process is just churlish.
 

I’m sure they’d have loved to spend six months getting all the structures in place and enjoyed a more serene transition but look at our league position. We’re deep in the shit. Things are going to be a bit cart-before-horse in the short term, and I don’t really think that’s an indictment on the owners.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LV said:

Charnley hopeful of being kept on? Hell’s teeth.

 

I was hoping they were going to boot that poisoned Kinder egg down the road asap. 

He must have been pretty good at something at somepoint down the line to have lasted so long. Just put him back there....even if it is just the ticket office.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Basically, any report now about the owners of NUFC all have digs at them, not even subtle.  They are waiting, with glee for any screw ups or failures.

 

The BBC report goes on about Sporting Director needs to be in place etc.   Two points on this:

 

  1. Is that the model the owners are going to go with ( I think it probably is but they shouldn't just assume,then this leads to 2nd point)
  2. NUFC under Ashley, had no Sporting Director, didn't have a CEO, didn't have a board, it just had Charnley.  Not one article was raised by BBC on how this was unheard of in the modern game.

 

To be honest, my siege mentality is building by the day.  I ignore the transfer rumours, ignore the media, dont look at Twitter, I just come on here and then read things on NUFC website.   Everything else, is all agenda driven, towards a negative.

 

For me - the owners have made mistakes but who wouldn't in their position.    As I see it, in one month, they have got rid of Ashley and the Steve's and brought in a new manager and backroom staff.  The fan base seems united behind the new manager and people are looking forward to games now.    That is big progress in 1 month.   Lets hope in another months time, they have the Sporting Director and CEO in place, if that is the model they are going for!  HWTL

 

 

Edited by Awaymag

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Rich changed the title to PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...