PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

While I agree there's a chance we won't be in the CL for 4-5 years, there's also a reasonable outside chance we will. West Ham and Leicester have both not been far away in recent years. Bit of momentum can go a long way.

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

So far this summer:

Darren Eales appointed as CEO.

Dan Ashworth appointed as sporting director.

Sven Botman, Nick Pope and Matt Targett brought in.

Isaac Hayden, Freddie Woodman, Jeff Hendrick and Ciaran Clark shipped out.

Additions made to the academy and womens team.

Refurbishments made to the stadium.

Refurbishments made to the training ground.

Sponsorship with Fun88 terminated.

New sponsorship with Noon.

This lot don't fuck about do they?

Just need those two (I would say three) signings to really make a statement. As mentioned countless times, I'm pretty confident they will

22 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

While I agree there's a chance we won't be in the CL for 4-5 years, there's also a reasonable outside chance we will. West Ham and Leicester have both not been far away in recent years. Bit of momentum can go a long way.

Yeah, it’s not impossible and would be a huge lift to the status of the club. It will just be incredibly hard. Big six squad values are 2-3 times that of ours and they are likely to spend just as much as we are spending. They also have sellable assets that we sadly lack for the foreseeable future. Then there’s the next tier of well ran clubs that are spending too that we would have to overcome.

Edited by Pata

https://www.premierleague.com/publications

PL handbook is out for 22/23, lovely to see Yasir, Amanda, Jamie and Majed (Mehrdad must just be a super fan) listed as directors for us (page 32)

Interestingly, only the home kit uploaded so far. CEO as "to be advised" and Derek Wright still listed as senior physio as well. I wonder when the cut off was for publication?

5 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

https://www.premierleague.com/publications

PL handbook is out for 22/23, lovely to see Yasir, Amanda, Jamie and Majed (Mehrdad must just be a super fan) listed as directors for us (page 32)

Interestingly, only the home kit uploaded so far. CEO as "to be advised" and Derek Wright still listed as senior physio as well. I wonder when the cut off was for publication?

Mehrdad is part owner but not on the board 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Mehrdad is part owner but not on the board 

Makes sense, think I read PCP will get two board seats once the loan used for their shares is paid back to Reubens.

6 hours ago, Jack27 said:

Makes sense, think I read PCP will get two board seats once the loan used for their shares is paid back to Reubens.

Mehrdad & Amanda seem to both be as active on the work front for NUFC and handle various tasks together or separately. 

On 16/07/2022 at 20:57, Pata said:

Yeah, it’s not impossible and would be a huge lift to the status of the club. It will just be incredibly hard. Big six squad values are 2-3 times that of ours and they are likely to spend just as much as we are spending. They also have sellable assets that we sadly lack for the foreseeable future. Then there’s the next tier of well ran clubs that are spending too that we would have to overcome.

Yeah, the sellable assets are a big gap to bridge. I was surprised to see Chelsea’s squad value go up so much, but when you check the details you see that they have 32 players listed :lol:. It includes all their army of loanees who are now back at the club. Spurs’ value (and presumably some of the others too) is bolstered by guys like Reguilon and Ndombele who are obviously not going to play a part this season.

It’s probably going to take a couple of years, but you’ve got a lot of money that’s going to come in and the sponsorship deals have already started. More importantly in the short term you have an excellent manager, a squad that has already performed vastly better and the full backing of the fans which will likely lead to an improved home record.

This year is a wild card because of the World Cup. I genuinely believe that anything can happen, although it should be Man City, Liverpool and the rest. The following year will be key, particularly with (as seems likely) five CL places up for grabs. 

This suggests we really aren’t being bankrolled by the Saudis in any way. Pretty disappointing. I’d love to know what exactly the funding agreement is between PIF and the minority owners.

Edited by Bompeter

1 minute ago, Bompeter said:

This suggests we really aren’t being bankrolled by the Saudis in any way. Pretty disappointing. 

:lol: no one takes you seriously. Just give up