PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

56 minutes ago, Stifler said:

How?

Planning applications by law have to be public knowledge and anything else discussed before a planning application isn’t classed as a live application and it’s not any councils policy to comment. Absolutely no need for any NDA’s in the planning departments. It would be like asking a lawyer to sign a NDA about your upcoming court case or your Dr about your medical history.

Only once they are registered, pre-applcation advice is generally dealt with confidentially.

Also, there may be elements of planning applications that are not public, like financial information. It's rare for planning officers to be asked to sign NDAs, butI know someone who was the case officer for a PL stadium application and had to sign an NDA for stuff related to that that.

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

I think they planned to get this on the shirt but couldn’t get out of funn88.

Yeah that was the summer/ pre-season rumour wasn’t it? The away kit was the Saudia colours and that we had a deal lined up but then Fun88 wouldn’t play ball and let us out the contract early 

It’s fairly common knowledge that they’re in regular dialogue with the council isn’t it ? It would be more of a surprise if the topic of the stadium hadn’t come up in discussions, I’ll still be amazed if it’s financially viable to expand St Jame’s for the gains it would bring in capacity.

Edited by Whitley mag

Guest dazzanufc1892
4 hours ago, Rich said:

I’m colour blind as fuck, but are those Saudia uniforms the same colour as our away kit? 

Yeah it was posted a few months back that the tail fins on the planes are the same colour as the kit

A7DDCE4C-4416-4474-A115-C9F27D195CD6.jpeg

8 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

It’s fairly common knowledge that they’re in regular dialogue with the council isn’t it ? It would be more of a surprise if the topic of the stadium hadn’t come up in discussions, I’ll still be amazed if it’s financially viable to expand St Jame’s for the gains it would bring in capacity.

What would it actually cost to expand it to 60000 ?

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, Andybiotics said:

For those discussing the Fun88 deal ending early, didn't we switch to Virgin mid-season during the Pardew era? 

Only because Northern Rock collapsed and went bust.

6 hours ago, jarrovianmag said:

Newcastle - euro hub for Saudia - ££££ 

See this I don’t think will happen. Saudi Arabia is not a tourist destination as much as Dubai is. We also don’t have a large enough Muslim population for it be a hub where Muslims from the Middle East go to Saudia Arabia to visit friends, relatives, and even for pilgrimage. Newcastle doesn’t have enough connections across Europe to even encourage people to go via Newcastle, heck we don’t even have enough connections across the U.K.

The airport already has a flight to Dubai and it is actually the freight from that flight that makes it financially viable. I’m not sure we’d get enough freight from Saudi Arabia to make it viable. It just seems to be a massively long stretch to think that they would be flying to/from Newcastle.

27 minutes ago, Ben said:

What would it actually cost to expand it to 60000 ?

Even if it is structurally possible to extend the Gallowgate, the cost would be prohibitive in terms of ever making the money back; i.e. the increased capacity wouldn’t generate anything like the sales to cover the cost.  Of course, stadiums don’t affect FFP, so PIF may do it as a write-off.  But you’re comfortably looking at stupid money - and by stupid I mean a decent nine-figure sim - as the construction method would need to involve building over Strawberry Place and there would be a need to have extensive piling in the foundations - given the location of the Metro station, that could mean it is actually impossible to do.  Personally, I reckon any feasibility study will come back saying that it is in all practical senses a non-starter. 

21 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

Wonder if there's a safe standing review and if that has any details on gallowgate capacity?

Safe standing would be great, but it won’t increase the ground’s capacity in any real sense. 

As Stiffy says, the chances of this being anything to do with a new route out of the airport are basically nil. There’s already a service to the Middle East, into a much more well connected regional hub airport, with a much better established international airline.

There isn’t the demand from Newcastle for another service into that part of the world, so all it’d do is cannibalise the Emirates passenger base and put what is a massive positive - both economically and from a prestige POV - at serious risk.

30 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Even if it is structurally possible to extend the Gallowgate, the cost would be prohibitive in terms of ever making the money back; i.e. the increased capacity wouldn’t generate anything like the sales to cover the cost.  Of course, stadiums don’t affect FFP, so PIF may do it as a write-off.  But you’re comfortably looking at stupid money - and by stupid I mean a decent nine-figure sim - as the construction method would need to involve building over Strawberry Place and there would be a need to have extensive piling in the foundations - given the location of the Metro station, that could mean it is actually impossible to do.  Personally, I reckon any feasibility study will come back saying that it is in all practical senses a non-starter. 

Safe standing would be great, but it won’t increase the ground’s capacity in any real sense. 

That’s actually incorrect, from next season stadium expansion and new stadiums do affect some FFP 

Edited by nufcnick

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Gotcha, hadn’t seen that.

That makes it even more difficult if that’s the case. 

I have just been looking for the article I read and can’t seem to find it, so I retract my original comment