PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

37 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Keep that man interested and happy and we'll be golden. He's emotionally invested, probably the only time you'll ever see him like this in an interview. Particularly if you see him talk from his PIF point of view. I've long said I felt the main reason the PIF did this was because Yasir fucking LOVES sport and now he's absolutely hooked. 

100% this. It may have started as a business endeavour for PIF, but their chairman visibly and evidently fell in love with the club and the stadium the first time he stepped foot in Saint James’ and  he still has that sparkle in his eye.

Absolutely loved the response to that first question if they expected CL and a cup final in their first full season. These are not here to make up the numbers or accept anything but supremacy. They will invest in top class infrastructure, grow revenue year on year and then reinvest every single penny they can into the squad.

They’re basically the polar opposite of what Ashley was. I still need to pinch myself from time to time to ensure it’s real and I’ve not made it up as some coping mechanism to deal with the neglect. :lol:

For a man who's so successful and amongst the who's who in business and sport around the world, I still can't get over how happy he gets when he's talking about NUFC, in the stadium looking at the fans etc. He genuinely looks like he's loving it. 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

I couldn't give two fucks personally, the Saudis will force none of their beliefs on us and vice versa. We live in a country where the government are openly admiting that they are making us suffer to bring down inflation, they stole billions from the public purse to give to their mates. They lied at every turn and continue to do it to stay in power, it may as well be a dictatorship because we get fucked over and can do nothing about it.

So facing that every day I welcome the Saudis sensibly investing in our club and community to give us a ray of hope once a week.

Stuff the haters, they had no sympathy during the Ashley years so why should we care now.

This 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

I couldn't give two fucks personally, the Saudis will force none of their beliefs on us and vice versa. We live in a country where the government are openly admiting that they are making us suffer to bring down inflation, they stole billions from the public purse to give to their mates. They lied at every turn and continue to do it to stay in power, it may as well be a dictatorship because we get fucked over and can do nothing about it.

So facing that every day I welcome the Saudis sensibly investing in our club and community to give us a ray of hope once a week.

Stuff the haters, they had no sympathy during the Ashley years so why should we care now.

O0

1 hour ago, Ben said:

its not even "the Saudis", man.

you cant group them all like that.

its just MBS and a few of his murdering mates.

the only downside to getting to a CL final will be that fucker turning up.

4 minutes ago, huss9 said:

its not even "the Saudis", man.

you cant group them all like that.

its just MBS and a few of his murdering mates.

the only downside to getting to a CL final will be that fucker turning up.

Hopefully for you Boris and Nadine will turn up in his place.

3 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I wonder what would have happened if it didn’t work out when the takeover happened and we did get relegated. Think they would have sold up immediately or stuck around?

They absolutely would have (stuck around).

Edited by cubaricho

Agree with many of the above. Everyone that thought it was a hoot the way Ashley ran us can eat s**t, this is their receipt.

I always felt uncomfortable when clubs were ran badly, as a fan myself, never took glee from it (Brighton in the 90s, Leeds due to Ridsdale) so anybody that was with us, I have to say fair enough being as I didn't like the money at Blackburn, Chelsea and Man City (to a much lesser extent because was completely out of love with the game by then). Never applied human rights to it admittedly, just concerned with the vulgar amount of money.

20 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Agree with many of the above. Everyone that thought it was a hoot the way Ashley ran us can eat s**t, this is their receipt.

I always felt uncomfortable when clubs were ran badly, as a fan myself, never took glee from it (Brighton in the 90s, Leeds due to Ridsdale) so anybody that was with us, I have to say fair enough being as I didn't like the money at Blackburn, Chelsea and Man City (to a much lesser extent because was completely out of love with the game by then). Never applied human rights to it admittedly, just concerned with the vulgar amount of money.

I'm not sure I agree, Blackburn were great at the time, the Lineker transfer saga was great. I used to love watching the Robbo Middlesbrough team and early Chelsea/Man City was entertaining.

This top 6 Bullshit over the past few years is awful and the fact the fans of those very clubs stopped the cartel was inspiring. Football is sport and escapism. We need to concentrate on our version of that.

3 hours ago, Ben said:

Spot on.

3 hours ago, Ben said:

??????

Found that incredibly compelling to listen to; probably mainly because we haven't really heard him speak before, and also because sometimes I still pinch myself that we actually got to this position - free of Ashley and under the custodianship of someone ambitious... but also because he seems genuinely impassioned by the club and the magnetism of the supporters. 

I don't recoil at the reference to Excellency. It's hardly news that we're now owned by Saudi Arabia.