Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

A Wigan fan earlier said he’s there a fair bit actually. His wife is from the UK so maybe seeing family? Why would he leave Belgium just before a World Cup when they have a chance of the trophy? 2+2= 5, methinks.

I don’t think he genuinely believes they can win the World Cup tbh.

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

A Wigan fan earlier said he’s there a fair bit actually. His wife is from the UK so maybe seeing family? Why would he leave Belgium just before a World Cup when they have a chance of the trophy? 2+2= 5, methinks.

How dare you call me a wigan fan ?

Can't stand the slimy tics.

5 minutes ago, GWN said:

They bet to a book, that’s why they are called bookmakers , you are right they try to even it all out and adjust odds accordingly. 

The betting market on this has been wild mind .

Odds are affected by people placing bets, people place bets based upon what is reported.

After all this time guys, the press know nothing, why can't you all see that?   They will write anything to fill their quota/column inches.   If you must take notice of the press, then take notice of Caulkin and the local press (except the bald shit), they seem to have a more direct line to Amanda that the those hacks down South.   

As an example you have Merson screaming 'whats the plan', its a valid question but a perfectly valid response is 'Why the fuck would the owners tell you, you washed up drunk'?

Hopefully they will announce a Sporting Director and Manager this week, and the Steves will be jettisoned.   Graeme may be around till the end of the season.

1 minute ago, Awaymag said:

After all this time guys, the press know nothing, why can't you all see that?   They will write anything to fill their quota/column inches.   If you must take notice of the press, then take notice of Caulkin and the local press (except the bald shit), they seem to have a more direct line to Amanda that the those hacks down South.   

As an example you have Merson screaming 'whats the plan', its a valid question but a perfectly valid response is 'Why the fuck would the owners tell you, you washed up drunk'?

Hopefully they will announce a Sporting Director and Manager this week, and the Steves will be jettisoned.   Graeme may be around till the end of the season.

Caulkin who said he'd heard it wouldn't be Fonseca, but it wasn't certain. Cracking journo.

Just now, GWN said:

I think it’s because we are worried that going down would see this dream end badly? We are all guilty of getting ahead of ourselves here , the manor of yesterday surrender from the kick off was hard to stomach.

We have seen that football for so long , I guess we all wanted/expected something a wee bit different.

We are gonna have to be all patient with this , me included , fact .

The dream is in its embryonic stage, getting relegated wouldn't be the end of the world, annoying of course, but not a disaster.

Any relegation wouldn't be the fault of our new ownership either, just another damning indictment of MA.

Without an injection of new ideas and more importantly, the correct ideas, nothing was going to change in the short term. The rot set in long ago.

Whether it's pre or post Brighton, a new manager will come in and it's the "who" which will determine whether we go down, not the "when".

2 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Caulkin [emoji38]

1 minute ago, STM said:

The dream is in its embryonic stage, getting relegated wouldn't be the end of the world, annoying of course, but not a disaster.

Any relegation wouldn't be the fault of our new ownership either, just another damning indictment of MA.

Without an injection of new ideas and more importantly, the correct ideas, nothing was going to change in the short term. The rot set in long ago.

Whether it's pre or post Brighton, a new manager will come in and it's the "who" which will determine whether we go down, not the "when".

Fair points , I just think fans want it all to change overnight , it’s not going to happen . Still it’s fair debate around the current stuff being served up on the pitch which is borderline horrific.

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m certainly surprised by the speed of things since the takeover and that’s not me being negative or criticising  them, I just expected them to come in and be ruthless and ride the wave of optimism they created. Obviously the last 3 games has dulled a lot of that but as long as they get the manger in this week and it’s not a Martinez or Lampard I think we can start looking forward again.

Yeah I agree here. I am also really surprised at how silent they have been. There has been zero communication since that first day. I thought they would have been out there giving all sorts on interviews, snippets of info and just being a lot more public than it has been. Wasn’t expecting the Ashley levels of silence over the last month. [emoji38] 

I wonder if they are purposely staying quiet at the moment to let all the negative stories around human rights and things die down a bit. 

I dunno, maybe more news comes with appointments, so hopefully some higher up appointments come in this week, and we can start hearing about future plans etc. The silence at the moment is deafening.

Just now, Danh1 said:

I would say he’s someone to listen to now. 

Wouldn’t even trust Hope when it comes to news related to the owners. 

Nah , there’s not one of them come out of this with any credit , they all got it wrong and not one of them knows who this manager will be .

Not one of them is “close” to the club in truth.

The only person I know who “knows” is @Ando7

13 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Lots of things,maybe wants day to day job again.

Money Money Money.

The chance to make the club great again.

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

Yeah I agree here. I am also really surprised at how silent they have been. There has been zero communication since that first day. I thought they would have been out there giving all sorts on interviews, snippets of info and just being a lot more public than it has been. Wasn’t expecting the Ashley levels of silence over the last month. [emoji38] 

I wonder if they are purposely staying quiet at the moment to let all the negative stories around human rights and things die down a bit. 

I dunno, maybe more news comes with appointments, so hopefully some higher up appointments come in this week, and we can start hearing about future plans etc. The silence at the moment is deafening.

They are getting on with a massive job mate 

4 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Caulkin who said he'd heard it wouldn't be Fonseca, but it wasn't certain. Cracking journo.

Yeah, the guy that said Fonseca is unlikely and that it would be a quiet week on the managerial front last week and it was.   Meanwhile the MSM were putting a different name each day in their articles.   

Caulkin at the moment seems to be able to get info from Amanda more than the others.  For how long I dont know but as I said, ignore the press but if you can't, Caulkin is probably more intune with what is going on than the rest!

3 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Yeah I think it’s down to what you said with the human rights issues but also the fact we are in such a terrible position in the league and probably behind the scenes as well is a complete mess to sort through. 

Obviously originally this was supposed to happen last summer and if so I think we would have heard loads from them however quite rightly at this moment they are just getting done what needs to be done.

A manger and sporting director appointment and everything will settle down.

3 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Yeah, the guy that said Fonseca is unlikely and that it would be a quiet week on the managerial front last week and it was.   Meanwhile the MSM were putting a different name each day in their articles.   

Caulkin at the moment seems to be able to get info from Amanda more than the others.  For how long I dont know but as I said, ignore the press but if you can't, Caulkin is probably more intune with what is going on than the rest!

His actual tweet was "I've been told it won't be Fonseca, but it's not certain." He basically admitted that his info couldn't be trusted.

42 minutes ago, maze said:

The new owners’ hesitation might just cost the club its PL status. 

Really !!

Got nothing to do with Ashley,Charley or Bruce who over the 14 years have destroyed this club.

28 minutes ago, STM said:

So to be clear, it's been less than 2 weeks since Bruce was sacked and the club have reportedly been casting their net wide, interviewing various candidates for both the managers job and the DOF role, whilst trying to find a common goal between interviewees to give us a sustainable long term vision?

Judging by some of the bed wetting, because we got pumped off Chelsea, I'm guessing there's not a vast experience of headhunting and high level recruitment on this forum? [emoji38]

"Why didn't they just hire Fonseca on day one man!"

Erm, because they aren't cowboys with itchy trigger fingers perhaps?

Can we lock the thread, delete all the other posts and just leave this one until we have a new manager? 

4 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

His actual tweet was "I've been told it won't be Fonseca, but it's not certain." He basically admitted that his info couldn't be trusted.

Okay, Im not going to defend Caulkin, its just my opinion.   MSM know jack shit so no need to get worked up with the articles they put out.  Its the same with player transfers, its all bollocks!