Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

It's mad how I've wemt from being non plussed to essentially believing he's the second coming of Christ over the course of a few days.

Feel a bit silly tbh, he seems a perfect fit.

He’s a decent safe option .

Interesting question I was asked , if we go down this season who’s fault is it?

Just now, GWN said:

That's what I thought but the more I read of him he seems to legitimately be the long term solution. He's football mad, he'll have learned a lot with his time at Bournemouth. Forward thinking and will keep up with contemporary ideas in the game.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Any news on if he will do a press conference ?

I think given how there is a lack of photos, and any interviews with the clubs media team, he's probably traveling up this evening, so maybe later this week?

1 minute ago, 54 said:

I think given how there is a lack of photos, and any interviews with the clubs media team, he's probably traveling up this evening, so maybe later this week?

Fingers crossed would hope Stavely is with him 

9 minutes ago, GWN said:

Depends how we go down (if we do) if the level of performance doesn't lift then a lot will be on the new owners/team. 

If we noticeably improve and go down fighting I think people will feel that the Ashley rot had set too deep to be fixed in November.

It's hard to imagine things won't improve but less certain if that will be anywhere near enough. 

50 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

That's what I thought but the more I read of him he seems to legitimately be the long term solution. He's football mad, he'll have learned a lot with his time at Bournemouth. Forward thinking and will keep up with contemporary ideas in the game.

If we progress year on year then I’m happy for him to stay as long as it continues to work.

Who is to say he won’t grow as we do and essentially become the next top manager?

It’s mental really but I Was massively underwhelmed by Howe at first but the more I have read and heard about him over the last few days the more I have liked him , now I love the fucker and genuinely think he is going to do something special here . He is the perfect fit and I am genuinely glad Unai turned us down.

Edited by Geogaddi

2 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

It’s mental really but I Was massively underwhelmed by Howe at first but the more I have read and heard about him over the last few days the more I have liked him , now I love the fucker and genuinely think he is going to do something special here . He is the perfect fit and I am genuinely glad Unai turned us down.

Yeah, I can see that and I was similar but he is not like other English managers.  He isn't a PFM nor just a safe pair of hands to keep us up.  

He is a very focussed, progressive manager who has used the time since he left Bournemouth watching football, even going to spend time with Diego Simeone.

In at 6AM everyday, leaves late in the day.

One thing though is, it may not be instant so if we don't get a result against Brentford don't wet the bed.  It may take a few games to get the players conditioned as a minimum but he has come in early so has a lot of time.

I agree with a few others, I can see him here in 5-10 years.  I was against it until I started researching him properly.

Not a 'big name' but the more i read about him and watch videos of his tactics etc, the more it seems like it could be a great fit, he also seems obsessed with managing a bit like Rafa, he will be getting 100% backing from me.

The revolution starts now.

Howe-ay the fucking Lads!

Edited by enandane

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Basically seems like an attack minded Rafa.

Sounds perfect to me

Edited by reefatoon

1 hour ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

The media are going to struggle here. 

Young English manager who they have bigged up in the past. 

A NUFC fan base that is fully behind a Southern manager 

Saudi Arabia and us being evil incarnate 

I think they'll be fine. They seem perfectly okay with other clubs dispensing with managers after 9 or 10 games of not so great results recently, Everton fans saying that 'know where you live' to Rafa, and continually pushing for OGS to be sacked due to results not matching the 'stature of a club like Man Utd', but no, it's still NUFC that hounded out Bruce after 2+ years of garbage.  The media don't seem to mind cognitive dissonance at all.

2 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Wouldn't even worry if he did start Hendrick as alluded to. He wouldn't use him like Dyche or Bruce. Look at what he did for Surman and Gosling, who were nowhere near PL CM's before he managed them. 

Yup. Looking back at the midfielders he had at his disposal at Bournemouth is very encouraging indeed. I'm sure he could get a lot more out of our bunch for sure.