Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I am more and more feeling Howe is right man at wrong time for us. I'll judge him once he's brought his players in from January and had a go, but for what he's improved in possession and getting up the pitch, it's not getting enough goals and it's leaking them at the other end something chronic. We should have been looking for a point today, really sit deep, frustrate City with defending in numbers and counter attack with ASM and Wilson. These defenders are so bad they need a lot of help when against real quality. Did Howe really think we could attack and get goals without that back 4 falling apart over 90 mins?

Some games you have to accept it's better to not lose and setup that way over trusting a terrible back 4 to suddenly start getting clean sheets. I feel I'm being harsh, but expected a bit better from Howe. Still support him and knew this run of hard games would be tough.

Murphy, Clark, Lascelles and Ritchie is a shocking back 4.

1 minute ago, hakka said:

I am more and more feeling Howe is right man at wrong time for us. I'll judge him once he's brought his players in from January and had a go, but for what he's improved in possession and getting up the pitch, it's not getting enough goals and it's leaking them at the other end something chronic. We should have been looking for a point today, really sit deep, frustrate City with defending in numbers and counter attack with ASM and Wilson. These defenders are so bad they need a lot of help when against real quality. Did Howe really think we could attack and get goals without that back 4 falling apart over 90 mins?

Some games you have to accept it's better to not lose and setup that way over trusting a terrible back 4 to suddenly start getting clean sheets. I feel I'm being harsh, but expected a bit better from Howe. Still support him and knew this run of hard games would be tough.

I get what you are saying but we were losing games playing defensively as well this season, against much worse sides as well. What did we have when Bruce left? 3 points from 7 games wasn't it?

16 minutes ago, Ken Boon said:

Would like to have seen Howe start a couple of the under 23 defenders today instead of picking the usual dross. The experience would have done them good  What is it with NUFC not giving young uns a chance?

Against Man City? :lol: I suppose humiliation is a NUFC right of passage. 

There's absolutely nee point in judging him until he's at least had a window under his belt. Not going to learn much from watching this gaggle of doylums attempt to play one of the best teams in the world.

Let him get a proper defence in and try to compete against our fellow wastes of space.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

How have Leeds, Burnley, Norwich, Southampton, Brighton and Watford strengthened?

They’ve got the same shit they’ve had too. 

We’re no worse than any of them.

Starting 11 players from each of them clubs that are better then what we have, and would jump in our team:

Leeds: Ayling, Phillips, Dallas, Klich, Raphinha, James, Bamford, Harrison

Burnley: Pope, Tarkowski, Wood, Mee - Burnley are in the bottom three with us so it doesnt disprove my point.

Norwich: Gilmour, Aarons, Cantwell - Norwich are in the bottom three with us so it doesnt disprove my point.

Southampton: Livramento, JWP, Walker-Peters, Romeu, Redmond, Che Adams, even both the Armstrongs would at the very least offer more to us them most of our squad.

Brighton: Dunk, Lallana, Bissouma, Gross, Maupay, Lamptey, Sanchez. 

Watford: King, Sarr, Dennis, Sissoko.

And thats without me knowing that much about there sqauds. 

2 minutes ago, hakka said:

I think that he’s trying to get the team playing against the ‘big boys’ to make it a bit easier when we get to the more favorable fixtures. Would’ve been even harder for us if we’d just sat back and kick it long for the last few games. We really do need to get some form of attacking structure in place for the games in January/February and these last few games have been free hits in that regard. Hopefully it’ll work. 

4 minutes ago, hakka said:

Schar and Fernandez aren't that much better, tbh. We need an overhaul and I fully embrace Howe as the man to lead the change. One (league :lol:)way or another we'll get better under Howe.

4 minutes ago, hakka said:

I’m not convinced we have improved as an attacking threat. We look very disjointed and playing as individuals.

So many opportunities to pass or shoot are not taken up and we end up losing the ball, or playing it too late, or playing it into open space in the wrong direction.

The last three games, other than a one-off thump from Jonjo, we haven’t looked like scoring at all.

Even taking into account the Brentford game, six goals in seven games isn’t going to get many points.

2 minutes ago, Foluwashola said:

There's absolutely nee point in judging him until he's at least had a window under his belt. Not going to learn much from watching this gaggle of doylums attempt to play one of the best teams in the world.

Let him get a proper defence in and try to compete against our fellow wastes of space.

:thup: Exactly.  

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

Starting 11 players from each of them clubs that are better then what we have, and would jump in our team:

Leeds: Ayling, Phillips, Dallas, Klich, Raphinha, James, Bamford, Harrison

Burnley: Pope, Tarkowski, Wood, Mee - Burnley are in the bottom three with us so it doesnt disprove my point.

Norwich: Gilmour, Aarons, Cantwell - Norwich are in the bottom three with us so it doesnt disprove my point.

Southampton: Livramento, JWP, Walker-Peters, Romeu, Redmond, Che Adams, even both the Armstrongs would at the very least offer more to us them most of our squad.

Brighton: Dunk, Lallana, Bissouma, Gross, Maupay, Lamptey, Sanchez. 

Watford: King, Sarr, Dennis, Sissoko.

And thats without me knowing that much about there sqauds. 

Sissoko? Lallana? Maupay? Che Adams? Wood? :lol: I assume you’re joking at this point.

Wilson, ASM, Big Jow, Fernandez would probably walk into all of those teams too… that sort of thing proves nothing.

As I said, we’re all shite and in the bottom half for a reason - we’re no better than them, but they’re certainly no better than us.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

I’m not convinced we have improved as an attacking threat. We look very disjointed and playing as individuals.

So many opportunities to pass or shoot are not taken up and we end up losing the ball, or playing it too late, or playing it into open space in the wrong direction.

The last three games, other than a one-off thump from Jonjo, we haven’t looked like scoring at all.

Even taking into account the Brentford game, six goals in seven games isn’t going to get many points.

On that point, attacking wise, Fraser has been useless. He's offered nothing, I often don't realise he's on the pitch until 20 mins have gone. 

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Sissoko? Lallana? Maupay? Che Adams? Wood? :lol: I assume you’re joking at this point.

Wilson, ASM, Big Jow, Fernandez would probably walk into all of those teams too… that sort of thing proves nothing.

As I said, we’re all shite and in the bottom half for a reason - we’re no better than them, but they’re certainly no better than us.

Them four players are comfortably better then 90% of our squad, Sissoko even with his legs gone would walk into our CM, ahead of Jonjo, Longstaff, Hayden and Willock.

Leeds are similar to us, they are trying to play attacking football but they only have Bamford and maybe Raphina who know how to score goals. All huff and puff and no end product. 

Just now, 54 said:

Them four players are comfortably better then 90% of our squad, Sissoko even with his legs gone would walk into our CM, ahead of Jonjo, Longstaff, Hayden and Willock.

Sissoko was finished about three years ago. He’s been minging for Watford this season.

Che Adams, Wood and Maupay are better than Wilson? :lol: 

I’m not sure they’d be better than Wilson if you combined the three of them together.

15 minutes ago, hakka said:

spot on

Sissoko was finished about three years ago. He’s been minging for Watford this season.

I’m not sure they’d be better than Wilson if you combined the three of them together.

”Shite like Martinelli”

4 minutes ago, Foluwashola said:

Of course you have to judge him - the man was brought in to keep us up and that includes winning games with the players we got.  Granted Liverpool, City were always going to be a tough ask but we have looked as wide open as we always have.  And it's his job to address that - now.  There is no guarantee we'll get the players we need in Jan - it's going to be hard to attract quality players to come.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Che Adams and Maupey would get into our team ahead of Fraser and Almiron, and Wood is very useful in the way he plays the game and is a 10+ goal a season striker.

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

I get what you are saying but we were losing games playing defensively as well this season, against much worse sides as well. What did we have when Bruce left? 3 points from 7 games wasn't it?

I know, it's just that last two years we have managed it and with same players. Just because first ten games it didn't work out doesn't mean it won't occasionally against sides you are almost certain to get bummed against if you play attacking. Like I say, I feel it's harsh, but Howe isn't immune from any criticism. Same way I've praised him for things that have improved. I will give him the full season and January for the real judgement.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Leeds are similar to us, they are trying to play attacking football but they only have Bamford and maybe Raphina who know how to score goals. All huff and puff and no end product. 

They score goals, their problem is they leak them just as bad as we do. Leeds are better than they've shown recently and have a decent squad. Obviously lost some of the shine they had in their first season back, but they will stay up and get better next year. Biesla leaving might be a good change for both if he opts out in the summer.

I think there needs to be some consideration here like. The team weren't even fit enough let alone anything else when Howe arrived. There have been a whole host of individual errors and to be fair some of them have been Howes too.

But in this last week though we've been on the wrong side of key, contentious decisions, we've come up against the two title contenders who are light years apart from the rest, perhaps excluding Chelsea, we have little quality and we're trying to reidentify ourself as a club and team.

We have every chance in every single one of our upcoming 10 games of getting something and I'm fairly convinced we will.

We've improved our intensity, we've improved our attacking threat and we have individuals improving also. It'll all become even clearer in these next 10 games.

At the end of the day, without signings, you cannot really judge Howe all that well until the new seson. 

Edited by Heron

7 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Wood is actually quite decent, just not ahead of Wilson obviously. 

Sissoko would still definitely be better/more combative than Hayden, Willock, Longstaff or Hendrick.

2 minutes ago, hakka said:

I know, it's just that last two years we have managed it and with same players. Just because first ten games it didn't work out doesn't mean it won't occasionally against sides you are almost certain to get bummed against if you play attacking. Like I say, I feel it's harsh, but Howe isn't immune from any criticism. Same way I've praised him for things that have improved. I will give him the full season and January for the real judgement.

Howe gets next season for me, wherever that is, unless our owners perform a miracle and get a world class manager to come here, which I don't see happening until we have a better long term outlook.  I trust Howe to come good, once he's given the resources, playing staff needed to execute his style of play.