Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Gonna get jumped on for this but this has always been my opinion and still is - hated Rafa when he was manager for us and hate him now, his football bored me and I hate it whenever I read “rafaesq or Rafa style”.

i know I’m in the minority and it’s just me but that’s my opinion.

Doing a really good job. The signs were there against Brentford and Man U, then we dropped off quite a bit, but now we look like an actual team.

Wilson, ASM, and Trippier all out and I don’t think we’re going down, that’s testament to the job he’s doing.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Gonna get jumped on for this but this has always been my opinion and still is - hated Rafa when he was manager for us and hate him now, his football bored me and I hate it whenever I read “rafaesq or Rafa style”.

This is the Eddie Howe thread, can we not spoil it please?

2 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

This is the Eddie Howe thread, can we not spoil it please?

I tried my best to word it so it was obvious my opinion is the weird one but fair enough - I shall drop it.

On Eddie Howe though glad to say he was always my first choice (genuinely), always been a big fan of his abs couldn’t be happier right now.

Edited by Gawalls

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Whilst I never hated him I have always said he did an ok job, nothing more nothing less, he certainly has never deserved the messiah like status some hold him in but I think that’s a lot more to do with the politics he used when speaking up against Ashley rather than the football we played and the results we got.

10 minutes ago, madras said:

To be fair the last 2 or 3 seasons we've played some good stuff towards the end of the season to get out of trouble.

Biggest difference being it was all counter attack, we actually hold onto the ball now and it's so much easier on the nerves ?

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

Whilst I never hated him I have always said he did an ok job, nothing more nothing less, he certainly has never deserved the messiah like status some hold him in but I think that’s a lot more to do with the politics he used when speaking up against Ashley rather than the football we played and the results we got.

Whilst his style of football can understandably be questioned he did a more than okay job 

7 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Whilst his style of football can understandably be questioned he did a more than okay job 

I have seen plenty of Newcastle managers get stick over the last 20 years for finishing mid table , Rafa wasn’t a yes man and stood up to Ashley so I get why he’s liked so much .

Edited by Geogaddi

Just now, Geogaddi said:

I have seen plenty of Newcastle managers get stick over the last 20 years for finishing mid table .

After getting promoted?

Honestly, I'm not sure how Eddie Howe doing a good job now means Rafa did a bad job.

The two scenarios aren't even comparable. Not least because Rafa was not once backed during a PL transfer window.

Emphatically proving me wrong and happy to admit that. 

He's seemingly addressing the checklist of concerns I'd had about his appointment and from what I'd seen early doors but needless to say, I'm now fully onboard the Howe train. 

Passing it around the back and comfortably keeping possession is something we haven’t done as a club in fucking years. It was beautiful to see.

There is no way Lascelles is getting back in ahead of either of those two (if they are fit)

We can see what he’s doing. He’s bit by bit improving the process.. now with this new foundation to build from at the back, we need to work on quicker transitions through the midfield. That’s where Bruno will come in when the manager thinks the time is right.

And when Wilson is back.. (or someone new in the summer) it will change things again as there’s no way teams we’re playing against can play a high line or we’ll be in on them repeatedly.

We've played 16 games since Bruce was sacked, and only lost 5 of them. Which were to Chelsea, Arsenal, Leicester, Liverpool and Man City. Only the Chelsea and Man City losses were at SJP and Chelsea was pre Howe. 

We'd have a couple more wins had small things went our way, too.