Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

27 minutes ago, 54 said:

Its actually hilarious going back and looking at some of the lines up just before the takeover went through, this was the team for Man United:

4f3091fe860b4e95bf4f4cf3f1cd5c9d.png

:lol: feels like an absolute eon ago. So vastly different, can hardly believe it's the same season. 

Jesus wept he didn't have a clue did he. 

Seems to be very Rafaesque in the way these soundbites keep coming out about how dedicated, meticulous and all-around great he is. Seems as much as some players may enjoy getting a year or two 'off' via charlatans like Bruce, when a true professional rolls through they quickly remember just how much of an effect a good coach can have on their career. Obviously we've also had more than a few who have made it plainly clear they couldn't ever abide by Bruce. :lol:

Fills me with more and more pride and confidence in him being our manager long-term.

9 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah that shows a great maturity on his part, it was my main worry when he came in that he wouldn’t deviate from that style 

Absolutely, it was a valid concern at the time as well. That being said he’s done a tremendous job and I can’t wait to see what he builds here, the sky’s the limit and although I’m sure we will be more expansive next season, we will certainly need to be pragmatic at times as well as he’s shown himself to be fantastic at it. 

Must admit i bought into the Fonz and thought he was the one and only for us. As did fair few on here.

But a few months of Howe and the transformation hes overseen already - its just amazing.

Upgraded facilities, a full summer transfer window, a full time pre-season (:bluestar:) - next season could be very special.

People sometimes forget that when Howe came here it took a month to get the players up to somewhere near the fitness levels required for the PL.  He wasn't my first choice but he's certainly convinced me and I hope he is here for a long time to come. Comparing his presser to Bruces is professionals versus amateurs

It's really just absolutely fucking great seeing everybody engaged and interested again. It's been a long time and it's really all down to this lad and his staff.  Fully accept that the small matter of the takeover is what made it possible of course, but from a football perspective, which is presumably what everybody on here feeds on, it's really all Eddie

Edited by OpenC

On 30/11/2021 at 16:58, thomas said:

I didn't comment in the match thread at the time but there was a moment, somewhere around 65-70 minutes I believe, where we're camped out in their half, pressing and trying to pin them down near their own 18 yard box, even as the side down a man. And I remember thinking there was absolutely 0 chance of seeing something like that even with a full side under Bruce.

I reckon he'll get it right. Absolutely sabotaged by Clark today. But improvement is plain to see.

The hints of it were obvious even then but he's brought a lot of aggression and confidence to the side and I love it. No idea how Emery would or wouldn't have done but I can't imagine any doing much better than Howe has.

33 minutes ago, thomas said:

The hints of it were obvious even then but he's brought a lot of aggression and confidence to the side and I love it. No idea how Emery would or wouldn't have done but I can't imagine any doing much better than Howe has.

He’s our man, nobody could have done it better. The best is yet to come. He fits the club and new ownership perfectly   :indi:

Edited by PauloGeordio

15 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

It's as much mental fitness as physical fitness that Howe and the team have improved. Even Shelvey seems genuinely up for it rather than the cynical Voldemort he once was.

Don't think I've ever such a stark difference in players from one manager to another. These players all looked like absolute shite under Bruce, and now they all look like decent PL players. Even someone like Krafth, who I've long have said is one of the most pathetic excuses for a full back, is putting in very good performances. 

Really shows just how important it is to get a good manager and backroom staff.

It's probably more important now than it's ever been before in football, with getting the right personality for the right players as well. In the Wenger/Ferguson era, the managers word would have been law, don't quite think you can get away with that anymore. 

Something had to change, as yep, players do have more money than god now. But the fundamental thing of wanting to be part of something and just do well, if you can sell that to players - that's bigger than money if it's done properly.