Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I never thought he would be this good. He's improved every single player, and has us working as a proper team. It's the stuff of dreams, which is basically what this takeover has been tbh. Never did I think I'd be lucky enough to experience a great Newcastle team again, but we're right there, and things are only getting better. Buzzing. Can't wait to be back at SJP next week.

1 hour ago, midds said:

Doing a phenomenal job and fully expect it to continue. He's just got everything right and it's just clicking right now, it seems easy but the amount of hard work and effort and dedication to detail is paying off spectacularly. The prep before each game is near perfect, the players are drilled and informed and the unit is getting stronger and stronger with each passing week, the lads are tight as fuck, organised and motivated and that's incredibly tough to beat. Just imagine we had ASM and Isak to bring off the bench this afternoon man? 

Shush man I’m beside meself

1 minute ago, Sima said:

“Let’s play”

Remember when we had Steve Stone, Andy Woodman and John Carver planning training sessions over a plate of beans on toast in the canteen? 

We’ve come so far 

At the risk of getting carried away post-match, surely he has to be in our top 3 managers of most fans match-going memories?

I need to start from the 80's due to age, but I've only got Keegan, Robson, Benitez, Hughton and (sorry, only have statistics and genuine pleasure in watching NUFC for a very short period to go by) Pardew to compete with. He's already surpassed the last two, and unless there is a horrible turn of events, he's looking shoe in for the top 3 this season. Personally I would put him above Benitez already given the way he has conducted himself and just adds a bit of class to the club in what could have been a media shit-storm given our new found wealth. 

1 hour ago, wormy said:

This guy got freedom of the city yet? 

Funnily enough...

1126836968_Screenshot_20221023_2131533.thumb.jpg.659f783e0925cbd18e06e56b80d98cea.jpg

From my lass's dad. It's true, he has said it before, he was saying it at the end of last season. I reckon if you asked him who he loves more, Eddie Howe or his sons, there'd be an awkward pause.

31 minutes ago, LV said:

Remember when we had Steve Stone, Andy Woodman and John Carver planning training sessions over a plate of beans on toast in the canteen? 

We’ve come so far 

The good old days

1 hour ago, Danh1 said:

Going to retire a club legend at Bournemouth and NUFC. Hope he’s here for years to come.

As Merhdad and Amanda said, he’s our Alex Ferguson. 

Please don't compare him to that foul mouthed disgusting man.  Ferguson I mean.  Eddie Howe is an absolute gentleman and a fantastic football tactician.  I can only think of Pep Guediola (spelling) that is a better manager in the Premier league.

11 hours ago, Cronky said:

Never mind that. I'm thinking he's knocking on the door of Ferguson, Clough and Mourinho. Seriously.

On paper, this squad should be nowhere near the top four.

Thats a fair point regarding current position, but he's got a  long way to go to be considered in the same light as Ferguson, Clough and Mourinho. We've not really had a bad run since he started, and how he deals with 3 or 4  losses on the bounce will be more revealing 

Lack of quality in the squad eventually caught up to them, you need to keep moving to stay still in the league and if you look at the squad he had it doesn't exactly scream premier league quality. 

One has to keep in mind he went straight from playing to managing, he has said he barely had any time to develop away from the game just had to learn on the job. He said he used the gap between bournemouth and us to learn other coaching methods and develop the bits he never had a chance to before and I think that shows, I was a bit concerned he would be a little tactically old school still when he joined, but here we are with a very modern high press (which isn't as simple to implement as people think it's not just mindless running around it's about the players all knowing when to press and where on pitch etc), with Burn acting as a sort of inverted full back so our shape in posession and out of posession is quite different. 

Also here he will be able to keep refreshing the players regularly to stop things going stale, which he won't have had resources before. It also wouldn't shock me to see a drop-off after a period though. Managers do struggle, and they tend to get sacked then or given resources to refresh job. Look at Klopp now Liverpool look a bit lost. He will likely come through though. Partially it's about a managers authority, if squad are sick of him and think he'll be got rid of they will probably be very hard to motivate again. Look at Ferguson though don't think any of the players ever thought they'd outlast him so he never lost that authority. He also refreshed his backroom staff to keep up to date with tactics etc and have fresh new ideas.

Longevity is weird because in effect only a handful in the league ever even close to achieve it. Financially underperforming is so disasterous for most clubs they can't write off a season. As positive of it all is, Eddie's job will be in trouble if he never gets us into top 4 past the targets he will know. 

My only concern about Howe would be the risk of burnout. He clearly loves the job, but hopefully he's able to take the odd break due to the intensity he brings to everything.

When he started, we were totally in the clarts, it was nerve shredding and he was responsible for everything, from recruitment, to training, to man-management, to dealing with the press etc. I'd have slept for a month after that first season.

Glad there's more of a team around him now as that wasn't sustainable.

18 minutes ago, Abacus said:

My only concern about Howe would be the risk of burnout. He clearly loves the job, but hopefully he's able to take the odd break due to the intensity he brings to everything.

When he started, we were totally in the clarts, it was nerve shredding and he was responsible for everything, from recruitment, to training, to man-management, to dealing with the press etc. I'd have slept for a month after that first season.

Got a nice 5 week break soon 

Don't think enough is mentioned about how good he is at signing good blokes as well as players. All the signings seem likeable, honest professionals that really get the club and city. I think Fraser and Burn were saying a while back on Sky Sports how much the likes of Trippier and Wood (for all his limitations on the pitch) are having impacts off the pitch. Good results and atmosphere clearly help, but having a very likeable bunch of players that seem to get on it and not have ego problems seems to be helping a lot here.

57 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Absolutely this.

I spent 2min 31 seconds looking at graphs of Field tilts and xpeg, or whatever the fuck, and my head nearly blew off. 

Howe must be fucking riddled with OCD