Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

From a Southampton forum. The stuff people get in their heads, man!

'In fairness them having a good defence doesn't mean he can organise one as he's still only recently taken over a club with 5/6 years of defensive mentality beforehand. I'd wager their defence will begin to fall apart by this time next year.'

1 minute ago, DahnSahf said:

'In fairness them having a good defence doesn't mean he can organise one as he's still only recently taken over a club with 5/6 years of defensive mentality beforehand. I'd wager their defence will begin to fall apart by this time next year.'

How can someone be so fucking clueless. :lol:

23 minutes ago, DahnSahf said:

Classic example of listening to and accepting the opinions of moronic pundits who churn out the same old bullshit tropes come what may. He'll learn. Maybe. 

F me. If we are a park the bus side, then the ball must have magically teleported into the net 4 times today. We were pretty poor today, and still put four away. It must really hurt to be a Southampton fan right now, so I can understand the delirium on their forum.

Edited by JumpersForGoalposts

2 minutes ago, Klaus said:

The only player in defence today before Howe was Schar and he wasnt even getting on the bench under bacon lips :lol:

And the transformation Schar has made is incredible. The amount of times he looks at Botman to cover, steps out, wins the ball and then plays a lovely pass is incredible. Howe has taken water and turned it into Dom Perignon with diamonds in it.

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's a common thing that happens and I wouldn't completely rule it out if it was after Rafa, but after Steve Bruce? Presumably they didn't check out how successful that 'defensive mentality' was :lol:

Tbf someone did point out to him our goals conceded record over the last few years.

The guy obviously made the mistake of assuming Brewcie being defensive meant we were actually any fucking good at it.

I think what he's done this last year is nothing short of phenomenal.

Yes, you've spent a bit of money but not really that much, not Man City levels.

What you are is extremely well coached, but I think it is also the huge amount of confidence that you play with that makes a massive difference.

Really impressive.

274104261_2022table.thumb.png.b7a95bbdf218072fb2bfcaa1c479459a.png

As many points as Everton and Southampton have combined in 2022, and Everton have played 2 games more. We've basically been class for pretty much a full season. We drew Watford in the first match of 2022, so it's 64 from the last 32, and exactly 2 point per game over a long long period - insane.

2 hours ago, mikejaxer said:

Didn't know he even went on a podcast recently. 

Just exploding with pride with this club and team at the moment. This guy is an absolute inspiration.

Dare I say it, he’s approaching Keegan for me. Never thought I’d ever say that about anyone. 

And it's even more incredible to think of what's happened when you consider the utter shambles he walked into. Bruce had fucking mangled the squad, destroyed the organisation, morale was at an all-time low and there was zero belief or confidence in the entire club. From staring relegation in the face to legitimately dreaming of CL in 12 months. Yes, the money has helped but the transformation is so massive that to hang it all on "yeah, but they spent loads" is glib and dim-witted as fuck.

We've just spent extremely well is all. Look at when Everton went and spent in the 2017/18 season:

Sigurdsson £40m 

Klaassen £25m (7 appearances :lol:)

Pickford £30m

M Keane £25m

Sandro Martinez £5m

Vlasic £8m

Onyekuru £7m

Bowler £2m

Gibson £1m

Tosun £27m (Jan)

Walcott £20m (Jan)

(Plus a bunch of other "undisclosed" fees for youngsters, as well as wages for Rooney who came on a free.)

At least £190m there, probably £200m plus purely in transfer fees with the other handful of undisclosed youngsters. 

Nobody bats an eyelid or mentions that expenditure because it's extremely poor and Koeman made an arse of it - it's an extremely similar amount as what we've spent across two windows and suddenly we've spent our way into 3rd place. Proper lazy journalism and even when you point out the fact that 5-6 of the regular starting team were pre-takeover buys the "spending" rhetoric still flies about.

35 minutes ago, brummie said:

I think what he's done this last year is nothing short of phenomenal.

Yes, you've spent a bit of money but not really that much, not Man City levels.

What you are is extremely well coached, but I think it is also the huge amount of confidence that you play with that makes a massive difference.

Really impressive.

And I mean this, I hope Villa with Emery can start upsetting some of the cartel too. It doesn't benefit anyone having certain clubs constantly pulling up the ladder.

Obviously I don't want you to beat Newcastle but if Villa made top 6 in the next couple of seasons, at the expense of Spurs or Chelsea or whoever, we would all benefit. I also quite like Emery.

It's time for a change at the top of this league and it starts with Newcastle and it doesn't have to end there.

6 minutes ago, Pilko said:

We've just spent extremely well is all. Look at when Everton went and spent in the 2017/18 season:

Sigurdsson £40m 

Klaassen £25m (7 appearances :lol:)

Pickford £30m

M Keane £25m

Sandro Martinez £5m

Vlasic £8m

Onyekuru £7m

Bowler £2m

Gibson £1m

Tosun £27m (Jan)

Walcott £20m (Jan)

(Plus a bunch of other "undisclosed" fees for youngsters, as well as wages for Rooney who came on a free.)

At least £190m there, probably £200m plus purely in transfer fees with the other handful of undisclosed youngsters. 

Nobody bats an eyelid or mentions that expenditure because it's extremely poor and Koeman made an arse of it - it's an extremely similar amount as what we've spent across two windows and suddenly we've spent our way into 3rd place. Proper lazy journalism and even when you point out the fact that 5-6 of the regular starting team were pre-takeover buys the "spending" rhetoric still flies about.

It's also conveniently forgotten that Chris Wood was a calculated over spend and also Isak distorts that figure massively since he has hardly kicked a ball.

I think you'd struggle to find a club that has wasted more money on shit purchases than Everton, shocking.

Our problem wasn't that we'd bought a load of shite, it was that Gerrard didn't get anything like the best out of them.

I'll cut him a bit of slack for losing Kamara and Carlos to bad injuries quickly, that was bad luck, but fuck me, if you take out the bad result at your place, Aaron Danks got us a 4-0 demolition of Brentford and Emery has got us 3 points at home to Man United.

That's 6 points from the last 9, which is a universe ahead of what Gerrard delivered.