Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

A few suggests he might use this to leverage a new contract.

Agents are going to agent. It’s clear all this talk of release clauses and being open to talking to the FA is from an agent doing his job.

42 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Just hope whatever happens it’s resolved quickly.

England will fuck about for ages getting a shortlist no doubt so hopefully it comes out soon that Eddie has no interest in it.

The England job will come around for him again anyway, probably again in a four-five years, its just whether its this group of players or not.

Even if they won something whomever managed it would be being questioned with the raised expecations if they don't win the next tournament

Edited by Wolfcastle

The good:

- I think Eddie loves the project here. Fans and players are behind him.

- He thrives on the day to day stuff working with players that he would miss on the internationals scene.

- He has unfinished business at club level 

- England job is a poison chalice and I expect he would have a portion of detractors from day one.

The bad:

- No doubt this is a truly epic generation of English talent to work with.

- While you would think this would come along again down the line there is no guarantee. 

- obviously obscene situation last year with injuries etc. But is his job secure next year if we finish in a similar position? Does he risk missing out and being on the scrap heap in a year.

The ugly:

- Things have absolutely changed behind the scenes at Newcastle could be a positive or not. 

- Replacing him here, while not impossible, is unfathomable to me and such a huge step back. Unless Trippier has so much dirt on Simeone we can bring him in!

- Either way Eddie has shown he will bet on himself. I'd think that's a positive for him staying but works both ways.

Playing along with it almost entirely because it's winding some people up, it'd be interesting to see Trippier's reaction if we brought Poch in. He doesn't have the best things to say about him. 

On a related note, maybe a bit of Diego Simeone? I'm interested in Terzic too.

More than anything, I don't see the FA paying up an expensive PL contract, especially after they've had previous recent success with promoting from within (and so have Spain). Even if they didn't do that Potter just looks an obvious choice to me - free, available and good at playing possession football.

4 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I'd hate to lose him to those fucking wankers at the FA.

Just imagine he goes in there and has the team looking aggressive, dynamic and threatening bombing forward.

And then all these twats from other clubs that have been speculating on him getting the sack every time we had a small blip, and claiming he's not that good, start raving about how good he is.

Couldn't stomach it personally. For that alone don't want him anywhere near the England job, until he has embarrassed some of these other clubs with his achievements at Newcastle.

5 minutes ago, Wullie said:

More than anything, I don't see the FA paying up an expensive PL contract, especially after they've had previous recent success with promoting from within (and so have Spain). Even if they didn't do that Potter just looks an obvious choice to me - free, available and good at playing possession football.

Think Potter would do really well funnily enough.

The talent is there already, just need someone that can organise the team as far as progressing the ball up the pitch so they can do damage.

2 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I think Potter would get them playing with a style better suiting the players, but he'd struggle with the media pressure imo.

He'd be fine. Sign him up England and put the speculation about Eddie to beddie.

2 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

If Howe wanted to go then paying up the contract would be irrelevant. He’d just walk. 

Like Ashworth did? That's not how these contracts are written, they are binding on both parties. He could walk but he wouldn't be able to work for anyone else for the contract length unless it was paid up, as Man United eventually did.

Hope Howe makes a decision quick and if he is to stay comes out and says it. Been a annoying summer already with the Bruno, Isak and Gordon rumours in June, the last thing we need is Howes future being talked about for weeks on end now too.

Just now, Decky said:

Hope Howe makes a decision quick and if he is to stay comes out and says it. Been a annoying summer already with the Bruno, Isak and Gordon rumours in June, the last thing we need is Howes future being talked about for weeks on end now too.

This, tbf. 

Just needs to knock it on the head, pronto.