Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

It really is vital we stay up because I am worried the PL (or their puppet masters the big 6 and BeIn) will pull some kind of shenanigans to ensure we never get promoted again even if we win the Championship.

:lol:

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Both you and Pilko will come around eventually. 

Right after we smash Conte's Spurs 3 nil.

It's not about "coming around" - from what I've seen of Howe there are clear positives to the guy but also legitimate concerns. Which of those weigh heavier I'm not sure yet and that in itself is a large part of why I'm struggling to get behind the idea. Also, my expectation was a blockbuster appointment and the new owners leaking names and the Emery thing only served to feed that, giving Howe the mark of someone well down the list and that underwhelmed feeling that I'm struggling to shake.

I'm 50/50 on whether Howe is the real deal or not right now. 6 weeks ago I'd have snapped your hand off for someone who I was 50-50 on (from a position of someone we were all 0-100 on..) - now, I can't help but feel we should/could have got better.

As I've also said several times already, I really, genuinely hope he's an excellent appointment and that my doubts are proven wrong. He'll either be the best or second best manager we've had in 15 year by virtue of not being an absolute fucking numpty, but how good he is beyond that remains to be seen. I'm sure it'll be interesting if nothing else!

1 hour ago, cannybagoftudor said:

I have a good feeling about this appointment - always had a soft spot for his dad (Don) who was a very able coach - it is in his DNA - so hopefully like father like son and he will go from strength to strength and surprise us all.

You talking about the ex-Arsenal manager?

That’s not his dad

1 minute ago, nbthree3 said:

Even Bruce was wearing a suit 1st game with the new owners [emoji38]

Such a blatant attempt to brown nose, that.

'Lerk. Please don't make wuh redundant. Amandah, wuhs can chaynge it'