Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I hope for his sake, PIF are not like Watford's owners. We haven't seen what PIF can or may do but if they are anything like the Watford owners, Eddie should be getting worried he won't last long here with shit results like this today. He better hope PIF can tolerate and be patient.

Second half totally out of ideas and he did fuck all of worth to change anything about it

Eddie, if you weren't already fucking aware, Willock and Almiron are not players who you can rely on to score you goals and the sooner you fucking stop playing them altogether, the better.

What an embarrassing result, abysmal.

8 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Got to agree here. He didn’t seem to see the biggest problem was we had no out-and-out striker

He took Murphy off who had actually looked alright through the middle. Much better than ASM, anyway. 

Not saying it was purely down to that. But after that double sub. We looked clueless. I thought we were ok enough up to that point. 

Just now, Jaqen said:

Regardless of the selection or tactics it's kind of irrelevant when most of the players our there looked like they'd never controlled or passed a ball before. The amount of bad touches and overhit balls was like a Sunday league team. 

Surely confidence and cohesion stems from the manager? Admittedly I don't like any of our current squad (Tripps aside).

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

He took Murphy off who had actually looked alright through the middle. Much better than ASM, anyway. 

Not saying it was purely down to that. But after that double sub. We looked clueless. I thought we were ok enough up to that point. 

I didnt get this at all. Longstaff was having a mare and should have been off.

I think he's shown today that he won't be the manager if/when the team is pushing for big things. 

The bloke simply can't coach in a proactive way. It's easy to put out nice patterns when your opponent is coming on to you and they leave spaces, but Cambridge (rightly) did not do that. From the moment the goal went in we passed it around the perimeter like a frustrated basketball team before throwing it in against three massive defenders. 

He';; get a pass to a certain degree for as long as we have the Ashley era shite in the team, but the awful part of my brain keeps whispering that it would have been better under a Rafa type.

I think people are always free to make comments on a manager for his selection, setup and subs. But it seems clear to me that a result like this is not "on him" at this stage. The actual ire seems merited elsewhere, even if you make the case that he too had a poor game.

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

Must say I was disappointed that he didn’t start or bring on Anderson and the other kids. I’m sure they’d have put up a better fight 

this f*ckin club doesn't do blooding new talent

Personally starting to think if the players are phoning it in, and arn't caring due to all the noise in the transfer market. These seem like the bunch that instead of going "I'm going to make myself undroppable, fuck these new guys" they're going "We'll im getting replaced anyway so what do I care".

25 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

I was happy with his appointment, but I'm getting concerned I have to say.

Saying it's the squad only this result is making excuses for him today.  We looked very predictable for most of that match.

Way to early to say you’re concerned. The guy is trying to turn 2.5 years of Bruce around and has shown good signs so far. 

Edited by Thomson Mouse

I like him, and that's not going to change while he's forced to play this bunch of losers, but it was a dumb idea to start with such a strong team, if only because they aren't that strong anyway. And why on earth didn't he use Anderson in a team that can't shoot for shit?

He put out a team of premier league players and they lost. Simple as that. Embarrassing loss and everyone needs to hang their hand for that. 

But the next PL match matters more.  

Hopefully we’re days away from bringing in more and more starting quality players. 

I don’t get why he waited until we went 1-0 down to change anything. Should’ve done so at half time, we weren’t exactly playing scintillating football.

He’s still trying to put square pegs in round holes and is playing players in positions and tactics they’re unable to fulfil. Said that for weeks and he’s persisting with it.

We need five or six players to suit his style (in addition to Trippier), or he needs to adjust the way we play to suit the players he has, otherwise we’ll end up with shit like this regularly.

Guest reefatoon

The plus point was how good Trippier looked compared to the rest of them. If it’s true that we are looking at around 6 new players and if they are of a similar calibre to Trippier, then that would be a huge boost for the second half of the season. Only make a couple of signings though and we will be in trouble, as the current team/squad as a whole are all shit.

8 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Way to early to say you’re concerned. The guy is trying to turn 2.5 years of Bruce around and has shown good signs so far. 

You would be concerned under any manager if you just lost at home in the cup fielding a full-strength team against a bottom-half league one side.

Howe’s not a special case.

I think he's a smart guy. His comments this week about not upsetting the squad and around wages, makes you wonder if he's already aware of how 'delicate' this bunch we have are.

The core group have been here for 6-7 years thriving and hiding within the mediocrity that we all knew. A nice cushy number, making great money, doing very little. average players making above average money - win, win!  It's going to be difficult to strike a balance after today. Even the interview from Hayden suggests there is a attitude within the camp of complacency.

The new regime and that attitude don't mix. So it's time etc shape up or fuck off! 

I'd get them all in tomorrow. Make Tripper Captain and ask each player, who wants to fight or who wants a taxi.

If they want out, let's replace them in the 3 weeks or start giving the kids a game.

I'd even be tempted to tell them, they wont be let go but will stay with the reserves for their contract duration.  Fuck the cowards!

Edited by Oregon_Geordie

Just now, Froggy said:

Some people questioning Howe already? He's been in the job 8 weeks. :lol:

We needed someone to come in and start getting results/performances quickly. It's been hit and miss so far in the league and now a dreadful result in the FA cup, but im still behind him 100%.