Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Klaus said:

We needed someone to come in and start getting results/performances quickly. It's been hit and miss so far in the league and now a dreadful result in the FA cup, but im still behind him 100%.

If anyone had done that after Bruce and with most of these players I’d be questioning what they were giving the players

Edited by Thomson Mouse

Yes this was an awful embarrassing result but can everyone calm down a little.  We hammered them actually and Callum Wilson would have had a hat trick today.  We do have some awful players mind.  Write this off and move on.

2 minutes ago, Klaus said:

We needed someone to come in and start getting results/performances quickly. It's been hit and miss so far in the league and now a dreadful result in the FA cup, but im still behind him 100%.

The absolute state of the squad is to blame, fuck all you can do with some of these fucktards. 

5 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

No media quotes, etc yet? I hope he's kept them all in the dressing room for a proper bollocking.

"I've had a word with PIF and we've agreed we're going throw everything at signing a keeper, a left back, 2 x centre half, 4 x midfielder and a couple of strikers. That's our minimum requirement.

We've got plenty of money to spend. 

So I've got to keep this chat quick, I've got agents to call

Toodle pip"

5 minutes ago, toon25 said:

He's also playing players who clearly want to be off/know they're not wanted.

Not sure he really has a choice with this. I'd say that applies to 70% of the squad right now if not 100%. 

Especially with the amount of players we are being linked with and who we've put bids in for. The current players will be well aware of this and they'll have their heads elsewhere now, even if it is only subconsciously.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m sorry but that’s a really shite quote. Imagine if Bruce came out and said that after losing to a League One side at home.

Appreciate he wants to a create a team of smiles, but he also needs to take accountability and admit he got it wrong.

Bit early to judge him imo. Overall there has been clear improvements since Bruce left. 

Howe took over a team half full of championship players, and our PL level striker is injury prone. He can’t do anything about the playing squad until now, and we are only 1 week into the window. It will take until the end of the summer window really to have an 11 that Howe wants and then can implement his style of play on. 

He’s been given a bag of shit so not sure why any short term drastic improvements are expected. We have gradually improved but there is a very low ceiling of performance that these players are capable of reaching, regardless of who is coach.

11 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Knee-jerking again.

unbelievable 

It’s a raw and understandably negative reaction to an unforgivable performance against a struggling league 1 side at home, in front of a sell-out crowd. Give over for once, man.

Edited by McCormick

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

I do not in any way want Howe out, but we can’t say “yeah but the squad is shit” when we were hammering Bruce for not getting results 

This is what I don't understand. Howe has to take responsibility for some of the results. Our squad is dog shit, a good manager manages more than what he has so far. All this shit about "he has only been in the job for 2 months ffs" Thats plenty of time to see a turn around?

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Thanks for that insight Eddie, would really hope that as Newcastle United we would play okay and create opportunities against a League One side in the Cup at home.

In fact, I reckon that would be the bare minimum actually

I think the big problem is that we actually lost the match.

Just now, Menace said:

This is what I don't understand. Howe has to take responsibility for some of the results. Our squad is dog shit, a good manager manages more than what he has so far. All this shit about "he has only been in the job for 2 months ffs" Thats plenty of time to see a turn around?

We have seen a turn around of sorts though.