Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

He's been brilliant, not perfect but very very good. Absolutely the correct appointment back in November and deserves the backing for the next few windows. He's got a plan and can deploy it each week. He's in my good books :aww:

That performance epitomised everything about the improvements he's made. Comfortable on the ball, keeping possession, players grafting their arses off, always looking to attack, overlapping runs, movement on and off the ball, great fitness levels, confident, fighting until the end, defending together, recovery runs, everything.

He's the absolute dude, love him as a manager

5 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Soon as we're mathematically safe he gives us that performance? Can't be a coincidence, this is how he wants us to play next season :drool: 

Easy to forget that he basically had to do a pre season during the actual season because the players were so unfit, imagine what he can do with a full pre season and a couple of quality additions man

Aye. The fitness levels tonight were unreal, considering where we were.

Tonight was the night he truly won me over. I've always liked him and respected him but held him at arm's length but tonight was the cherry on top of the cake, he's done it for me tonight. 

I had reservations when he was appointed, mainly over the defensive side of his teams, but we've been fairly good most games but I still wanted that connection between me and him via his interviews. I got that tonight. I'm 100% behind him, he's my man. 

Feel like you could really sense his instructions tonight in the way we absolutely fucking bullied Arsenal. He had the whole team smelling blood tonight and we really intimidated them. Used the crowd as well, obviously. 

20 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Feel like you could really sense his instructions tonight in the way we absolutely fucking bullied Arsenal. He had the whole team smelling blood tonight and we really intimidated them. Used the crowd as well, obviously. 

That’s the word, bullied, Liverpool bully teams with their high press and we did it all night long. This victory is all on Howe, he’s transformed so many of these players into the absolute best versions of themselves and the style of football we’re playing is what we’ve been craving since Bobby left 

Its not just the performance, its the application he gets ouf of them, its not even just that its the team spirit he's instilled too, and more.

Its frightens me the effort he's put in as does his professionalism.

Glad he's doing well for you lot! Give him the key to the city indeed.

Interested to know how he's setting up stylisticly for you lot vs his Bournemouth days. Is he still religously 4-4-2? How is the defence performing? Are you having the classic nervy moments of short passing between defenders in front of your own box?

Sidenote: Glad to see Callum "Bournemouth's goal machine" Wilson back in the mix, seems like he played a blinder today.

Just now, cherryred said:

Glad he's doing well for you lot! Give him the key to the city indeed.

Interested to know how he's setting up stylisticly for you lot vs his Bournemouth days. Is he still religously 4-4-2? How is the defence performing? Are you having the classic nervy moments of short passing between defenders in front of your own box?

Sidenote: Glad to see Callum "Bournemouth's goal machine" Wilson back in the mix, seems like he played a blinder today.

No he's gone 4-3-3 and I think it took a while to get us passing at all and then Burn and Schar became first choice that has worked out. Been a bit less possession focused and the big surprise from his reputation was we have been largely (with a few notable exceptions) very solid. He's mainly got the whole team pressing harder and as season gone on higher up the pitch.

4 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

No he's gone 4-3-3 and I think it took a while to get us passing at all and then Burn and Schar became first choice that has worked out. Been a bit less possession focused and the big surprise from his reputation was we have been largely (with a few notable exceptions) very solid. He's mainly got the whole team pressing harder and as season gone on higher up the pitch.

Interesting. Sounds like he's learnt well from his time off and matured as a manager. Even though it's still kind of heartbreaking seeing him anywhere other than Bournemouth I'm loving seeing him really get a crack with a big team and good resources. I think today's result was particularly satisfying after all the recent media jerking off Arteta for having a not-terrible season. If Howe was Spanish or German the column inches would go from St James Park to Dean Court and back again a million times over.

I think that's slightly unfair, gerrard and lampard get plenty of wanking off from the press too. It did feel unfair he didnt get given a shot immediately after but he has used his time away to develop which is what a lot of british coaches fail to do. 

I think kinda we were suited to this, as grim as the bruce years were we have never had a 'toxic' dressing room really (the toxicity all came from Bruce more than anything) the players were dragging us over the line frequently but there was no plan and under bruce they were bascally given half the days off and do fuck all when meant to be training. The camaraderie has got better but it was there before there are lot of good characters in dressing room ready for Howe's approach

Second half of the season he's got us top 4 and he's literally transformed half the squad in the process - Kraft looks a completely different player, Fraser has found his mojo again, Shelvey seems to have finally found consistency,  Almiron is looking the player he was under Rafa and Joelinton - well - that's just astounding the turnaround in him.  Throw in the signings we got which Eddie much have had a hand in and I struggle to see how he can't win.  The club was on its knees when he joined - just look at it now. 

Glimpse of how he wants us to play tonight...saw flashes of it throughout the 2nd half of the season but seeing them with the chains off and no pressure tonight, tremendous.