Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

44 points from 27 games works out at 62 points over the course of a full season. Man U got 58 this year and qualified for the Europa League. The football we've played under him has gone from one of the poorest in the League to genuine European form and he's also played City and Liverpool twice in that run too. From inheriting a shambles of a squad both on and off the park to punching our weight with the best in the division since he was appointed is phenomenal. Hasn't won anything but I can't see a manager who's performed better than he has given what he walked into. 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, midds said:

44 points from 27 games works out at 62 points over the course of a full season. Man U got 58 this year and qualified for the Europa League. The football we've played under him has gone from one of the poorest in the League to genuine European form and he's also played City and Liverpool twice in that run too. From inheriting a shambles of a squad both on and off the park to punching our weight with the best in the division since he was appointed is phenomenal. Hasn't won anything but I can't see a manager who's performed better than he has given what he walked into. 

Arsenal twice and Spurs away once too!

He's done so much more than save us from relegation. He's conducted himself with a rare mixture of dignity and determination, and given us hope for the future.

Thank you, Eddie.

What gets you Europa league or Europe conference these days? 7th?

That must be our target. Love European football, don't care if we are playing in Sweden or whatever.

Can't remember the last time we were all so unified behind a manager. Probably when SBR first came in.

He's absolutely class, I love everything I know about him so far. Not least because he doesn't buy into any notion of the individual or him being a Messiah. It's all about the collective. As a result he doesn't seem to being looked at in that way Keegan was, while still being really well liked and having us all behind him, his team, and the players. That's a much healthier relationship imo and we'll hopefully be all the better for it.

Unbelievable turnaround.

It fees like when we finished 11th under SBR in 00-01. Signed a few key players and we finished 4th the next season…

Anyone think we can’t give it a go?! 

*Disclaimer - would be happy with progressing year on year. 10th is the next target!

I'll be the 1st to hold my hands up, and admit I wasn't overjoyed  when he was appointed manager.... 24 hours before it was looking like emery was gonna get the job, and a manager  of  his calibre, record experience etc was the type of manager  I wanted, (thought  we needed) however when Howe took over i was willing to give get behind him, what a fool I was for having doubts.....

the turn around since January is astonishing,  not in a month of Sundays would i ever predicted us finishing  11th, the turnaround in players, shelvey, Joelinton, Fraser....

and the signings, what gems have Burn and target  have been, and of course Trippier and Bruno...

but most importantly, for me its the way he handles himself, always dignified, professional and humble....

and in his press conferences when the media bombard him with shite about the ownership, his responses are always  intelligent.... 

I cant thank him enough 

25 minutes ago, GavMcEl said:

I'll be the 1st to hold my hands up, and admit I wasn't overjoyed  when he was appointed manager.... 24 hours before it was looking like emery was gonna get the job, and a manager  of  his calibre, record experience etc was the type of manager  I wanted, (thought  we needed) however when Howe took over i was willing to give get behind him, what a fool I was for having doubts.....

the turn around since January is astonishing,  not in a month of Sundays would i ever predicted us finishing  11th, the turnaround in players, shelvey, Joelinton, Fraser....

and the signings, what gems have Burn and target  have been, and of course Trippier and Bruno...

but most importantly, for me its the way he handles himself, always dignified, professional and humble....

and in his press conferences when the media bombard him with shite about the ownership, his responses are always  intelligent.... 

I cant thank him enough 

There goes Eddie Howe, I must remember... 

I couldn't really understand his decision to bring Murphy on in place of Joelinton today, I thought it left us light in midfield, but maybe he just wanted to test out other positions to see who could cut it?

Anyway, after Count Dracula turned us down, I backed Eddie to the hilt. The guy is the best of the current breed of English managers, and I love every day I know he won't make us look stupid as a club.

Not sure if it was noticeable on TV, but at the end of the match as he approached the away end, there was a bit of a chorus of “you laughed at us” being aimed at the Burnley fans. 

He made a bit of a gesture for that to stop. Didn’t make a big show of it or anything, but it did have a (partial) effect. 

He then followed it up with a much more pronounced fist pump in celebration.

He’s absolute class.

31 minutes ago, TRon said:

I couldn't really understand his decision to bring Murphy on in place of Joelinton today, I thought it left us light in midfield, but maybe he just wanted to test out other positions to see who could cut it?

Anyway, after Count Dracula turned us down, I backed Eddie to the hilt. The guy is the best of the current breed of English managers, and I love every day I know he won't make us look stupid as a club.

We didn’t have a central midfielder on the bench. Moving to a 4231 and Almiron into the 10 position was the only option really. 

I don't think it's a given that we're top 6 next season and I hope people relax and give him some time. It may not click straight when next year starts and the other teams around us will also be looking to improve.

There's a lot needs doing to upgrade the whole club let alone the 1st 11. It may take a bit of time to get right. We might also go through a couple of sticky patches. That happens. I'm sure EH will keep working as smartly as he has been though and, inshallah we'll have made some palpable progress by the time the season ends.

There's so many variables I think it's unfair to set a minimum league place now. There might be a horrendous injury blight or 3 or 4 games on the trot where opponents score off every deflected shot. EH looks like a man who can keep perspective and adhere to the system he thinks will yield the best performances in the long run.

Performances are more important that results imo. Performance will always eventually lead to the right results over time where as you can have a string of very lucky wins your efforts just don't deserve (see Pardew - 5th). It will catch up with you, though.

55 minutes ago, SteV said:

Not sure if it was noticeable on TV, but at the end of the match as he approached the away end, there was a bit of a chorus of “you laughed at us” being aimed at the Burnley fans. 

He made a bit of a gesture for that to stop. Didn’t make a big show of it or anything, but it did have a (partial) effect. 

He then followed it up with a much more pronounced fist pump in celebration.

He’s absolute class.

Good to see you haven't been banned after your last comment, Joeyt just made a cryface. I think that's progress.

image.png.647c49fa79d0d4ba252966ac8c7415d6.png

Second half of the season. Two things:

1. We need more goals next season.

2. Shipping 5 against both Spurs and Man City kind of skews the numbers a bit. We’ve been excellent defensively. We’ve not conceded more than one in any of the other 17 games! Priority has to be forwards (and Targett) in the summer.

38 points in half a season :lol: What an absolutely absurd job he's done. 

There's a Sky Sports Premier League Great Escapes video that doesn't even feature us from this season, presumably Howe having us moonwalk out of the jaws of death a month early means that it can't even be considered an escape. 

Edited by Kid Icarus