Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

But it looks weirder when the best team sweep all the awards. It makes the league look useless.

The 2 individual awards went to players that didn't start 26 games. Manager of the year finished exactly where you would expect his team to finish.

How many players have scored 20+ non-penalty goals in a 38 game season?

I'm assuming Messi gets all the awards in La Liga. But I don't know. I think if it's not somebody that is recognised on the world stage it makes it look like we don't have the best players in the world.

2 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

I'm assuming Messi gets all the awards in La Liga. But I don't know. I think if it's not somebody that is recognised on the world stage it makes it look like we don't have the best players in the world.

image.thumb.png.a0789c3eaab25c2db723669a021b78d2.png

My lass's dad was around briefly before and it was the first time I'd seen him since Arsenal at home. I honestly thought he was going to start crying the way he was talking about Howe :lol: He absolutely loves the bloke, talking about how intelligent he is and how he's brought everyone together and made them happy, with a massive smile on his face.

I know it's just some daft little anecdote but it's class seeing the older generation absolutely chuffed with everything at the moment 

On 27/05/2022 at 15:49, Happinesstan said:

Yes I think this a big part of it. 

KDB is pushed as this generational talent in a way Son and Salah aren’t.  But it doesn’t make sense that he won it last year ahead of Kane too. 

16 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

My lass's dad was around briefly before and it was the first time I'd seen him since Arsenal at home. I honestly thought he was going to start crying the way he was talking about Howe :lol: He absolutely loves the bloke, talking about how intelligent he is and how he's brought everyone together and made them happy, with a massive smile on his face.

I know it's just some daft little anecdote but it's class seeing the older generation absolutely chuffed with everything at the moment 

As an old cry-baby myself, your post did make me think about the impact that Eddie is making.

It feels like for many years, the lack of success and the sense of desperation behind the search for it, have created a difficult, dysfunctional air around the club, at all levels. The club has kept on shooting itself in the foot, creating disunity, resentment and making itself a bit of a laughing stock at times. The longer that's gone on, the more difficult it's been to break out of that cycle.

But now it feels like, after so many years of hoping for a Messiah, we've got a softly-spoken Mr Ordinary who's coming up with the answers. And with that new spirit that he's generating, somehow I think if the opportunity for success does come round, we'll be ready to take it.

22 minutes ago, Cronky said:

As an old cry-baby myself, your post did make me think about the impact that Eddie is making.

It feels like for many years, the lack of success and the sense of desperation behind the search for it, have created a difficult, dysfunctional air around the club, at all levels. The club has kept on shooting itself in the foot, creating disunity, resentment and making itself a bit of a laughing stock at times. The longer that's gone on, the more difficult it's been to break out of that cycle.

But now it feels like, after so many years of hoping for a Messiah, we've got a softly-spoken Mr Ordinary who's coming up with the answers. And with that new spirit that he's generating, somehow I think if the opportunity for success does come round, we'll be ready to take it.

Eddie Howe to be the 1st English manager to win the Premier League title! 
nailing my colours to the mast! :coolsmiley:

4 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

He never takes any credit but always willing to put his hands up. It's absolutely refreshing after the smugness and slippery shoulders from the likes of Pards and Bruce. 

👍🏻 He has integrity :cool:

Admittedly I wasn't inspired by Howe when he was signed but I'm a dipshit on a message board. Fuck do I know. For a guy with a radio show to be like "He doesn't excite me" with all he'd done before he got here.

:lol: He called getting Bournemouth into the prem "decent".

4 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

Think it shows his experience as a PL manager, but anyway... nice [emoji38]

Would be interesting to seeatches played and years in the PL added to that stat. And that's without considering the squad of players each manager has had to work with.

Eddie is fucking mint, man.

Moyes began managing Everton in 2002. In 2002, Eddie Howe was just 24 years old ;D.

Guardiola has won 4 fewer games, but had spent fourteen fewer years managing in England than Moyes.

Edited by Emotic

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Admittedly I wasn't inspired by Howe when he was signed but I'm a dipshit on a message board. Fuck do I know. For a guy with a radio show to be like "He doesn't excite me" with all he'd done before he got here.

:lol: He called getting Bournemouth into the prem "decent".

Eddie Howe is an excellent football manager - but context is required re getting Bournemouth into the PL.  Yes, Bournemouth is an oversized Tory retirement village with zero history of footballing success - but Howe's Bournemouth spent a FORTUNE getting promoted.  It wasn't a plucky underdog story - they were fined millions by the Football League for their sizeable breach of financial fair play rules.

Of course, this doesn't detract from Howe's ability - look at how much Bruce spunked in the second division at Villa to finish lower midtable - but Bournemouth's rise wasn't a Wimbledon-esque fairytale.  Their billionaire owner chucked a lot of money in to get that promotion.

Hope we stay on the upward trajectory because obviously the players love him. And so do us fans. Build the guy a statue when we win something.

Edited by nufcjb

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Eddie Howe is an excellent football manager - but context is required re getting Bournemouth into the PL.  Yes, Bournemouth is an oversized Tory retirement village with zero history of footballing success - but Howe's Bournemouth spent a FORTUNE getting promoted.  It wasn't a plucky underdog story - they were fined millions by the Football League for their sizeable breach of financial fair play rules.

Of course, this doesn't detract from Howe's ability - look at how much Bruce spunked in the second division at Villa to finish lower midtable - but Bournemouth's rise wasn't a Wimbledon-esque fairytale.  Their billionaire owner chucked a lot of money in to get that promotion.

I thought he kept them up and then got them promoted to League by spending next to nothing? 

3 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I thought he kept them up and then got them promoted to League by spending next to nothing? 

They made a loss of nearly 40m in their promotion season - and bear in mind that this was nearly a decade ago.  Like I said, a fortune.  At the time, clubs in the second division were allowed losses of 6m per season.

11 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Hope we stay on the upward trajectory because obviously the players love him. And so do us fans. Build the guy a statue when we win something.

If Howe eventually wins the League or the European Cup, I'll be campaigning for more than a statue - I want there to be an entire suburb named after him.  Maybe rename Arthur's Hill as Howechester or something.

I genuinely believe he's going to be the man who breaks the duck.  First time in two decades I've felt comfortable even imagining that.  I could easily see him being here as long as a Wenger or Ferguson, before getting the England job at 60 for the last few years of his career.  Hope so, anyway.

10 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

They made a loss of nearly 40m in their promotion season - and bear in mind that this was nearly a decade ago.  Like I said, a fortune.  At the time, clubs in the second division were allowed losses of 6m per season.

I don't know much about Bournemouth's financial situation but Howe himself had next to nothing to spend is what I understood was the case, are you saying otherwise?