Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Feel dirty finding myself agreeing with Jordan occasionally, like.

There's no doubt he's a Tory and presumably a monarchist, but he said he fully understood why Liverpool fans were booing Prince William at the cup final and were entitled to their views, while Jim White was gasping to paint them as absolute scum.

Booing the national anthem was too far though, apparently.

Spoiler

For disclosure, I was sat in Kwik Fit having new tyres and TalkSport was on :milner:

Edited by WarrenBartonCentrePartin

9 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Bit of Humble Pie from Simon Jordan earlier today...

Used to hate Simon Jordan but he is strangely starting to make me think he's alright. At least he is man enough to admit he got it badly wrong. Other pundits and journo's who originally ridiculed us will now say fuck all negative and just go with the flow and hope their original thoughts are swept under the carpet and forgotten about. 

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He's a twat. Takes banter about getting things wrong on the chin though, such as Howe and the takeover actually happening so fair play for that. But he's still a twat.

I thought same for years about him, but listened to him with Talksport on radio while driving a lot across last several months and now I don't think he's a twat at all. Seems alright tbh. I did post something about it in the "not worth of a thread" thread, questioning my sanity. :lol:

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He's a twat. Takes banter about getting things wrong on the chin though, such as Howe and the takeover actually happening so fair play for that. But he's still a twat.

Oh aye, there's still a pompous attitude there, but it takes a bigger man to admit he was wrong and give credit where it's due. The likes of Delaney and scaresthebairns will never give Howe credit for what he's achieved.

15 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

You’ve been brainwashed haha 

If I ever suggest Paul Merson and Gabriel Agbonlahor are alright pundits not twats then please section me. :lol:

3 hours ago, Skeletor said:

I like this post from Feb about Bruno, makes his goal vs them even more delicious 

Guimaraes has only made 2 sub appearances so far, both in injury time, 91st and 92nd minute.

Fitness issues or not as good as he is cracked up to be?

Possibly the thing that gives me the most confidence in him as a manager is how quickly he found out which players needed to be sidelined. He made all the right choices and even though myself and others were thinking Manquillo was the right call

over Krafth, he proved us wrong with that as well. A combo of getting 100% out of every player on the pitch coupled with the right calls on who to sideline shows how gifted this guy is, and that’s before we touch on other things like creating unity in the squad, keeping players onside who aren’t getting game time, setting us up to play attractive football. We’re lucky to have him 

Bearing in mind this is the "Premier League" manager of the year he should win it.

Achievement outside of it (Klopp's two cup wins and another final appearance) shouldn't come into consideration at all.

Just now, huss9 said:

wtf?

what if they lose the champions league final.

whats he done to outdo Pep?

still should have been Howe, though.

It’s also only supposed to be about the PL, not any other competitions. 

As far as the PL is concerned, we have to accept the Klopp has done a wonderful job taking the under-resourced underdogs of Liverpool to second place (aka 'nowhere'), which represents such a huge improvement on last season. 

If it's hard to take a breath at that, maybe you have asthma too and need some inhaler steroids? They're all the rage!