Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Not sure he has a weakness. Ridiculous manager.

I think he needs to maybe rotate a little more. But as shown from his progress from Bournemouth and even with us, he learns and improves. Brewcie thought he was above learning anything new since he was 6 years old. Half the good managers are all a bit set in how they do things. Howe clearly thinks about things and has changed things. He was famously bad at organising defences at Bournemouth...look now! I was concerned when he joined that he wouldn't be up with modern high press football we would want, he is not. Most important he needs to keep learning.

There will be times he will not be doing so well, I hope our owners have the patience they claim to, because he has already moulded the squad into combative attacking players who are bastards but also play with joy. I want that happiness to stay. 

He is going to have to learn on the job about european football next season, he will have to rotate more and he will have to coach some very challenging ties. I would not be surprised if we struggle in europe first season or so, I hope patience is granted him, because he has learned and improved and he will again.

Making 2 subs at HT and bringing on Wilson to tweak the formation a bit to include/incorporate 2 CFs is superb pro-active management. Sometimes it just isn't working and it's a massive strength of his to a) recognise it and b) be decisive enough to make the right changes at the right times to flip a game on it's head. But for a bullshit handball it would have been 3 goals in 20 minutes following the changes. 

He's absolutely fucking brilliant, full stop, no debate. Not perfect but ridiculously good :)

He’s got the  players playing at 100% of their capabilities for most of the time. Unbelievable coach. 

I even think if he coached me he could turn me into a decent conference league player, and I’m 53 with a built up shoe. 

Just now, RS said:

He’s got the  players playing at 100% of their capabilities for most of the time. Unbelievable coach. 

I even think if he coached me he could turn me into a decent conference league player, and I’m 53 with a built up shoe. 

[emoji38]

3 minutes ago, RS said:

??

3 minutes ago, RS said:

He is amazing. But if you are in my league of footballing level. He isn’t a fucking magician mate. 

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Fair play, I thought he would give the starters another 10 mins, but he might know more about football then even me. 

I wouldn't go that far. ;)

Edited by McDog

9 hours ago, Menace said:

Give him another contract please.

Was given one last summer but they didn't specify a duration, just said long term but aye he needs that rolling contract that useless turd Bruce got

He's amazing, was quickly on board once he was appointed, (some self congratulations comiyg) also amongst a small amount of people that was defending him in Jan 2022 when quite a few were pissing their pants (recall someone describing him as a slight upgrade on Bruce, what a vile description)

Everytime significant questions have been asked of him he has the answers. In recent weeks it's class we've won in different ways (conceded the first goal to Forest/Brentford but still found a way to win, got pegged back by Wolves but got a second wind and just battered Man-U from start to finish)

9 hours ago, Klaus said:

He is the antithesis of a pfm type tbh.

Yep.  He's clearly a student of the game, rather than a clubbable type whose contacts within football and the media have lofted him into a position where he's paid millions to tell other millionaires to 'get stuck in' and make up increasingly nonsensical excuses for his and his team's failures.

'PFM' is not a synonym for English / British manager