Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

5 minutes ago, Rod said:

Well some are but that's what I like about this forum.  Different opinions.  For what it's worth, my take on today was Eddie totally messed up but that's just my opinion.  Get it?

I think it was an error to do the ‘standard’ attacking substitutions. Gordon had TAA’s number, and Isak just needed more of the ball. Football is not a controlled experiment but Howe notices everything and will no doubt wonder whether he contributed to taking the wind out of our sails. 

There's loads of undercover Newcastle fans on RTG, so suspect there will be some on here, but some of these posts are embarrassing. 

There's a Champions League draw coming up on Thursday, and for the first time in over 20 years Newcastle will be a part of it, and Howe was one of the main reasons for that. Crazy stuff.

1 minute ago, GEFAFWISP said:

Said it in the Gordon thread but if Barnes slides Wilson in instead of dallying we're all talking about our glorious leader again. Doubt Eddie told Barnes to not pass when 2v1. It's a funny old game.

Like what was he even overthinking there?

4 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

No idea who you are or what your tenuous link the club is, but that the second half was genuinely an unacceptable mess due to substitutions that were indefensible. I love Eddie but that was wasn’t good enough and we have a right to say it.

You've jumped the shark here Ronny, fallen into self-parody at this point.

4 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

No idea who you are or what your tenuous link the club is, but that the second half was genuinely an unacceptable mess due to substitutions that were indefensible. I love Eddie but that was wasn’t good enough and we have a right to say it.

Tenuous link ffs. :lol: Hope we go on a winning run mostly so I don’t have to read your posts.

Honestly I thought we were good until the substitutions. They never looked like scoring against us and we had them pinned in their own 1/3, without us really creating good chances or being particularly good with the ball. The subs were calamitous though.

Shit start to the season from him overall.

He has significant reserves of capital with the fans, but the ambitions of the owners are more demanding, and I suspect they will afford fewer mistakes. If he can't get this side to make the leap against the big sides in the big games in the next two seasons... Wouldn't be surprised if they revisit if he is the person to deliver on the loftiest of ambitions.

1 minute ago, Fromwallsend said:

Had enough now like, seasons over already Howe has to go, get Zidane in! 

I could be wrong here lads but I have a sneaky suspicion Fromwallsend isn't, in fact, from Wallsend. 

He'll be furious with himself looking back on this, I think.

Approach in the second half was exactly what Liverpool would have wanted, and then his subs were terrible.

I'd generally never support Isak being taken off but he wasn't really firing today so fair enough.

But Gordon was absolutely on one today, taking him off was mental. And Tonali off for Longstaff was arguably worse.

Perhaps it's a fitness issue, those two are still Tonali is new and Gordon had the Euros, maybe he doesn't feel they can do 90 minutes yet? Given we had so little chasing to do though I can't imagine either was spent physically, Gordon still looked full of burst.

Feels a bit like once we were a goal and a man up we basically bottled it today :(

Today was bad from him, anyone getting aggro with people pointing that out are as tedious as the people saying we need to start thinking about a new manager IMO.

All that said, Eddie has earned a very long leash. He'll know today was bad and will want to learn from it and ensure we're more ruthless the next time we find ourselves in this situation.

I have every faith in him.

Bad day at the office but no one's perfect. 

Klopp hasn't been at Liverpool for 7 years because he's a cretin, he's been there because even though he is a cretin, he is good at his job. He's also 11 years older than Howe and been managing a lot longer than him. 

No way Howe out. He's here to stay and learn and grow with us. 

And he will. This game will haunt him.