Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

The lack of Plan B is a legitimate criticism tbf

We knew going into this season that there would be a pile-up of fixtures, it was perfectly possible that we wouldn't be able to play our high-tempo pressing game. Yet we don't seem to have any identity or strategy when we don't/can't do it?

We've dropped off in intensity and look so much more frail at the back. That might be down to a forced change in style, it might not. We're poor on the ball, how many times have we been caught on the break this year? It's almost every game we see. Opposition players finding space between the lines. Not all of this is down to fatigue.

It's not working, whatever he's doing. He'll have to either bring back that intensity,or find a way for this less intense style of play to work. If he doesn't, he'll be gone by the end of January id say.

Can see a world at the end of January where he's under a lot of pressure, but I think and hope those in charge will see the bigger picture and stick with him.

Sacking him would be such a massively backwards step in a number of ways, both footballing and the whole culture of the club. Be absolutely devastating if he goes.

If you remove all of the context then this is a run which calls into question the manager's suitability for staying in the job. Personally I think there are significant mitigating circumstances, meanwhile he has boatloads of credit in the bank. 

It'll get worse from here given the fixtures ahead of us. So I guess we're going to learn whether our owners are the type to consider the bigger picture, or if they twist at the first sign of trouble. 

I do think we'll beat Sunderland but I'm struggling to see anything other than 3 more league defeats coming up. The team look shot to shit out there and its costing us against the likes of Luton and Forest so I don't know how they are going to cope with the high intensity and constant pressure of Liverpool (a), City and Villa (a), especially with our away form. Look at us for the last 20 minutes here, we can't even push Forest to try and get back into it. We're in big big trouble but regardless of what happens I still think we'll come back strong after January. 

No plan B, too reactive instead of proactive, horrific away form and sub generally poor.

All perfectly fine criticism's of him, hope he gets the chance to learn and change those.

Edited by Aiston

3 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

genuine question - has there been progress?

Not in results or even performance as there is obvious mitigation to those but have we developed since last May? 

Maybe it’s behind the scenes where this will show but on the pitch there’s little sign of evolving play etc

Like I said after the last game the unquestioning support is as weird as the calls for him to be bulleted instantly.  We look fucking woeful trying to run the tried and trusted system with players who are more demotivated than tired but there's no sign of any plan B and anybody who thinks that none of this is on the manager at all just isn't watching

3 minutes ago, Paullow said:

I'd still back him even if we finished lower midtable, and hope the club sticks with him, but January does feel like a massive month. If we get 0 or 1 point from the next 3 league games (1 point would probably be optimistic), plus a cup defeat then questions will obviously have to be asked with the way football is. Would be a big shame, but not massively unexpected, which would have sounded crazy only 6 or 7 weeks ago.

Beat the mackems and finish top 10. I'll snap your hand off for it and quite happy for him go again with a larger squad next season.

Just now, Yorkie said:

If you remove all of the context then this is a run which calls into question the manager's suitability for staying in the job. Personally I think there are significant mitigating circumstances, meanwhile he has boatloads of credit in the bank. 

It'll get worse from here given the fixtures ahead of us. So I guess we're going to learn whether our owners are the type to consider the bigger picture, or if they twist at the first sign of trouble. 

I think he’ll be here this season at the very least unless it completely and utterly falls apart. He’ll get the rest of this season but depending on how we do I’d imagine they may look at other options. A long way to go this season still but it’s been a really bad run for Howe and the players. We’ve capitulated really.

He is risking going out with a whimper at this rate and I feel for him because I don't know if he has enough players to execute a plan B or different style of play with this run of fixtures and current injuries.

Think as others have said it will get worse before it gets better and its really downt o PIF if they wish to stick with him or not.

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Can see a world at the end of January where he's under a lot of pressure, but I think and hope those in charge will see the bigger picture and stick with him.

Sacking him would be such a massively backwards step in a number of ways, both footballing and the whole culture of the club. Be absolutely devastating if he goes.

Too many short memories around here. Will sooner rather than later force him out.  

It's like Pep, Klopp or any top manager in world football has never had a bad couple of months.

Anyone wanting him out deserves Jose.

Just now, OpenC said:

Like I said after the last game the unquestioning support is as weird as the calls for him to be bulleted instantly.  We look fucking woeful trying to run the tried and trusted system with players who are more demotivated than tired but there's no sign of any plan B and anybody who thinks that none of this is on the manager at all just isn't watching

Was the same under pardew. Cant criticise or mention obvious issues or you'll be hounded. Think today a few have seen what others have been saying. 

1 minute ago, Aiston said:

No plan B, too reactive, horrific away form and sub generally poor.

All perfectly fine criticism's of him, hope he gets the chance to learn and change those.

This has been said so many times. Yet it seems like he has not learned anything. Same fucking mistakes the whole month

3 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

This is where I am. Him and (potentially) Ashworth leaving and a lot of the good work done in the last two years will be undone. Hopefully we'll just ride this storm and be stronger for it in the long run.

Just lock this fucking thread i'm sick of reading utter shit, We've all seen what we can do with our best 11...Fergie had dips,pep has dips,klopp had dips due to injuries just fucking deal with it ffs 

Eddie is our man no fucking doubt stop turning us into spurs,Chelsea,Watford etc etv

Regardless of mitigating circumstances most top level managers would be questioned after 6 defeats in 7. And with the next few fixtures coming up that likely will be even worse. I love the bloke and what he’s done for us and given time and patience he’ll turn it around but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t fear for his position. 

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

I think he’ll be here this season at the very least unless it completely and utterly falls apart. He’ll get the rest of this season but depending on how we do I’d imagine they may look at other options. A long way to go this season still but it’s been a really bad run for Howe and the players. We’ve capitulated really.

Impossible to deny at this point. December always looked incredibly difficult and ultimate it's been a total failure. How much of it was preventable by the manager's decisions is entirely unclear imo. But go into it with a fully available squad and I feel pretty confident it looks different as of right now.

Were it not for late goals against PSG and Chelsea our seasons looks loads different but losing away to Luton and home to Forest so convincingly is going to raise questions for any manager. 

Worrying it feels like ages when we’ve played well for consistently. 

I’m as bored as anyone of hearing it but it’s clearly the injury crisis that’s caused the fatigue. I think it’s just gonna be one of those season where you have to accept it isn’t going to be a great one. 

I said a few weeks ago that he’d basically need to lose ten games pretty much in a row to be vulnerable. 

We’ve lost six in the last seven - and the next four games are Man City, Liverpool, Villa and Sunderland.

I don’t think he should be vulnerable (pressure is reasonable) but there is a scarily real chance that we lose all of those games at the moment - certainly the next three league games. 

1 minute ago, astraguy said:

Just lock this fucking thread i'm sick of reading utter shit, We've all seen what we can do with our best 11...Fergie had dips,pep has dips,klopp had dips due to injuries just fucking deal with it ffs 

Eddie is our man no fucking doubt stop turning us into spurs,Chelsea,Watford etc etv

Criticism shouldn't be hidden.

He's been poor this month and deserves the criticism.