Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

10 hours ago, Erikse said:

"Next season" is an overused one amongst fans, but whatever happens for the rest of the season I really do think that we will be smashing it next season under Howe, with the experience from this season and a deeper squad. Tonali coming back + the summer window could be huge. We're incredible when we get to play with the intensity in which Howes playstyle demands. Hopefully he will also use the experience from this season to make sure it's sustainable aswell.

The club and Howe need to be brutal over the next 12-18 months. I don't want to see Ritchie, Dummett etc given 1 year extensions. We need to replace these players with players of quality who we can actually use.

3 hours ago, OpenC said:

If there is one thing guaranteed in this world it's a significant proportion of people pretending not to care about a derby loss like :lol:

Done with football; feel nothing; this apathy is what I've been driven to; etc etc. every time. Was always pure import grade copium then, would still be now.

I agree, but I'm talking months after when it was being used as a stick to beat him with and a lot of the general reaction was a shrug and a wey 

He’s not immune to constructive criticism it’s just the nature of the game, but all these takes that his job could be on the line are ridiculous.

The notion that our British owners will be overruled by PIF and fire him are also fanciful, Yasir was on record as saying Eddie was his number 1 choice and it was other members of the consortium who wanted Emery.

From what we’ve seen so far PIF are far more clued up than some of these American owners and they’ll give Howe all the backing in January that they can to improve us.

Eddie and co just need to be careful how they spend it, as this is one of the few criticisms I would lay at his door after the summer.

Edited by Whitley mag

We were pretty much bullied all over the park yesterday by mediocre players. There’s no way of dressing it up as anything but a massive fuck up in preparation.

I noticed Howe at the press conference (on Friday) deflected responsibility for playing not 100% fit players “they’ll play if the medical team says they can”

I think for the first time here really he’s in a rut at present, not all his fault and we’ve been fucked over by some awful decisions along the way but you can tell it’s affected the team, he hasn’t been able to pick them up from those disappointments.

If he’s good enough he’ll find a way out of it but they were very cheap points to give away yesterday. I think rightly so he’ll be under scrutiny now.

8 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

We were pretty much bullied all over the park yesterday by mediocre players. There’s no way of dressing it up as anything but a massive fuck up in preparation.

I noticed Howe at the press conference (on Friday) deflected responsibility for playing not 100% fit players “they’ll play if the medical team says they can”

I think for the first time here really he’s in a rut at present, not all his fault and we’ve been fucked over by some awful decisions along the way but you can tell it’s affected the team, he hasn’t been able to pick them up from those disappointments.

If he’s good enough he’ll find a way out of it but they were very cheap points to give away yesterday. I think rightly so he’ll be under scrutiny now.

Yesterday was a poor performance and result, but until the absolutely enormous asterisk hanging over us clears up, he shouldn't be receiving too much scrutiny.

5 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

The only way Eddie leaves this club is if he feels he can’t improve things and leaves on his own accord. But I’m sure he’s working 24/7 to get things right again.

Don't think that's the case mind. He's not immune to the sack but it's not something we need to worry about currently. He will turn things around and we'll look a different animal once we have our strongest team back.

1 hour ago, Myleftboot said:

The only way Eddie leaves this club is if he feels he can’t improve things and leaves on his own accord. But I’m sure he’s working 24/7 to get things right again.

A whole world of nope to this. I don't want EH to go, but if PIF are as ambitious as most think the trigger fingers ( so to speak) will soon start to be itching without an improvement soon. And to which ever poster said that Stavely/Rubens will stop PIF from doing what they want, they are clearly in a dream world. Al Rummyan could fly in tomorrow and boot the pair if them out of control and there'd be the square root of bot all they'd be able to do about it

7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Yesterday was a poor performance and result, but until the absolutely enormous asterisk hanging over us clears up, he shouldn't be receiving too much scrutiny.

The injuries? Yeah sure but what we had yesterday was more than enough to get points.

It's not an isolated blip. We’ve had several very under par performances.

I’m not wetting the bed just yet but it’s a concern. I really want to see him step it up a few gears and start to assert over his rival managers. I’ve yet to really see that from him.

48 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

A whole world of nope to this. I don't want EH to go, but if PIF are as ambitious as most think the trigger fingers ( so to speak) will soon start to be itching without an improvement soon. And to which ever poster said that Stavely/Rubens will stop PIF from doing what they want, they are clearly in a dream world. Al Rummyan could fly in tomorrow and boot the pair if them out of control and there'd be the square root of bot all they'd be able to do about it

Yasir’s number 1 choice was Howe, I think people do PIF a disservice thinking that they’ll be itching to pull the trigger without an improvement soon.

I get the impression they’re very clued and will privately acknowledge that this season was a difficult ask to start with and that’s before the injuries and Tonali.

I said at the time the Tonali ban was disastrous and so it’s proved, he was our blue chip signing to help us bridge the gap this season. 

So many things have conspired against us this season, we all owe it to Howe to back him to the hilt for the remainder of this season.

If Howe got the bullet it would leave a massive sour taste, we all want him to be the one to end the trophy drought it would be a beautiful thing.

Newcastle United will never be defeated, keep the faith and back Howe to the hilt would be my advice to everyone.

Edited by Whitley mag

6 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

The injuries? Yeah sure but what we had yesterday was more than enough to get points.

It's not an isolated blip. We’ve had several very under par performances.

I’m not wetting the bed just yet but it’s a concern. I really want to see him step it up a few gears and start to assert over his rival managers. I’ve yet to really see that from him.

There could well be something more to it, but the injuries and subsequent fatigue the squad are suffering from is a large mitigating factor. For example yesterday Gordon and Almiron were absolutely blowing, but there was no one we could replace them with.

I'd say Howe has shown over the last season or two, he's one of the best coaches in the league.