Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I can entirely believe that we aren't pursuing anyone currently in employment. That rules out most of our list.

Favre would still seem a decent bet but there's still something that makes me think we might punch above our weight.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Actually, no, fuck my last post. It's Rafa for me. Howay Everton, pull the fucking trigger. 

Is there any suggestion that they'll sack him? Seems a crazy notion.

4 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

What’s a “left field name”….not heard that expression before.🤔

Unconventional? I thought it was a common expression.

Some “big names” have also been discussed I am told.

I have nothing more than that I am afraid. 

4 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

What’s a “left field name”….not heard that expression before.🤔

Means ‘surprising’ or ‘unconventional’, that no one will have thought of or mentioned, in this instance, like a Gallardo, Almeida, Crespo or suchlike.  

It won’t be Ten Hag, sadly.

If Fonseca wants it we should just give him the job already; every day that goes by I get more worried we’ll end up with Lampard. Who, as I’ve made abundantly clear on here, would be an absolutely disastrous appointment. He’s legitimately as bad as Bruce in terms of coaching ability.

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

If Fonseca wants it we should just give him the job already; every day that goes by I get more worried we’ll end up with Lampard. Who, as I’ve made abundantly clear on here, would be an absolutely disastrous appointment. He’s legitimately as bad as Bruce in terms of coaching ability.

Agreed, I think we would go down under Lampard. 

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

That's a terrible approach to decision making.

The bloke is going to be in charge for several years, I'd rather take another week and make sure we explore every option.

Besides which, we will get pumped off Chelsea anyway.

Fonseca for me. He'll already be weeks ahead of any other candidate (specifically those employed) in terms of preparation, which could be crucial. it's already been reported that he's been formulating plans for our upcoming fixtures, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's already sat down with his coaches and analysed the shit out of our games this season to understand what he's got to work with.

3 minutes ago, HUGZ said:

Fonseca for me. He'll already be weeks ahead of any other candidate (specifically those employed) in terms of preparation, which could be crucial. it's already been reported that he's been formulating plans for our upcoming fixtures, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's already sat down with his coaches and analysed the shit out of our games this season to understand what he's got to work with.

I agree, I am convinced he is the right man. Hell see it as a long term project as well. I've watched so many things on him and the way he prepares the team and his attention to detail is second to none. 

I'm sure he has probably already watched all of this seasons and probably last seasons games. 

Wenger would be class.

There is a (slight) connection in that he's currently leading FIFA's proposals to establish a biennial World Cup. The concept of which, was first suggested to FIFA by Saudi Arabia.

I would be surprised if PIF intermediaries haven't at least sounded out the admittedly remote possibility.