Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

It is odd how 5/6 days ago every journalist going was linking managers etc and for the last 3 days there has hardly been a peep.

Really hope after the time they're taking the appointment isn't underwhelming i.e. Lampard or Gerrard.

Because there's no one left to link.

10 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

It is odd how 5/6 days ago every journalist going was linking managers etc and for the last 3 days there has hardly been a peep.

Really hope after the time they're taking the appointment isn't underwhelming i.e. Lampard or Gerrard.

Its because OGS (was potentially) and now Koeman are being replaced. 

Its all about generating page views, Man United and Barcelona have a larger global audience, so a journo will get more bang for their buck clickbaiting their following, rather than Newcastle fans.

They had no idea who we were after last week and they still have no idea. The difference is there are now bigger and better stories to hit their click quota with.

Could I ask a wee favour? I've said before that I lost my love for football gradually over the last 14 years and with that went a lot of my knowledge on current players and managers. 

It's a bit of an ask but any chance anyone could put together a list of the main contenders with their styles, pros and cons? Not War and Peace, just a couple of lines. I'm really not sure who I should be rooting for so I stuck to what I know and picked Rafa in the survey. I'm so out of touch and kinda a little embarrassed to ask. 

31 minutes ago, Stal said:

Could I ask a wee favour? I've said before that I lost my love for football gradually over the last 14 years and with that went a lot of my knowledge on current players and managers. 

It's a bit of an ask but any chance anyone could put together a list of the main contenders with their styles, pros and cons? Not War and Peace, just a couple of lines. I'm really not sure who I should be rooting for so I stuck to what I know and picked Rafa in the survey. I'm so out of touch and kinda a little embarrassed to ask. 

Fonseca 

Pros: suave bastard, plays pretty football, his sides are well coached offensively.

Cons: his style of play requires players who are comfortable on the ball and full backs who aren't Matt Ritchie, his sides tend to concede a few goals, he hasn't done it on a cold Wednesday night at Burnley.

Favre

Pros: experience of improving struggling sides, plays decent football, astute in the transfer market.

Cons: his sides tend to struggle defensively, his in-game tactics are limited, he hadn't done it on a cold Thursday night at Norwich.

Howe 

Pros: took a league two side and became an established Premier league club, plays decent football, he has done it on a cold Friday night at Huddersfield.

Cons: his sides tend to be defensively ropey, he paid circa sixty million quite for Jordan Ibe and Dominic Solanke, he's a soft southerner.

Martinez 

Pros: his sides play decent football, he won the FA Cup, he finished 5th in the greatest league in the whole wide world.

Cons: he doesn't know how to organise a defensive unit, he once called Tom Cleverly technically as good as it gets, he has relegated a side and was well on his way to with a second.

Edited by The Prophet

4 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Got a horrible feeling the manager will be Lampard. I think he's already been told and the consortium are focussing all their efforts on getting the right DoF.

God I hope you're wrong. It's as if we are never really allowed to be fully happy as Newcastle fans.

17 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Fonseca 

Pros: suave bastard, plays pretty football, his sides are well coached offensively.

Cons: his style of play requires players who are comfortable on the ball and full backs who aren't Matt Ritchie, his sides tend to concede a few goals, he hasn't done it on a cold Wednesday night at Burnley.

Favre

Pros: experience of improving struggling sides, plays decent football, astute in the transfer market.

Cons: his sides tend to struggle defensively, his in-game tactics are limited, he hadn't done it on a cold Thursday night at Norwich.

Howe 

Pros: took a league two side and became an established Premier league club, plays decent football, he has done it on a cold Friday night at Huddersfield.

Cons: his sides tend to be defensively ropey, he paid circa sixty million quite for Jordan Ibe and Dominic Solanke, he's a soft southerner.

Martinez 

Pros: his sides play decent football, he won the FA Cup, he finished 5th in the greatest league in the whole wide world.

Cons: he doesn't know how to organise a defensive unit, he once called Tom Cleverly technically as good as it gets, he has relegated a side and was well on his way to with a second.

Bruce:

Pros: Fast food sector will show enormous growth. Tactics will baffle Man City analysts.

Cons: his style of play requires players who are uncomfortable on the ball and full backs who are Matt Ritchie.

So much could go in there :lol:

20 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Fonseca 

Favre

Howe 

Martinez 

fuck me bring back Brewcie [emoji38]

14 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Got a horrible feeling the manager will be Lampard. I think he's already been told and the consortium are focussing all their efforts on getting the right DoF.

Where in the merry hell have you conjured this from?

4 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

Pretty sure Xavi turned Barca down a few years ago as they were a bit of a mess even then , can’t see why he would think they are any better now .  Any half decent manager would be mad to go to them at the minute and they can’t pay much anyway so that rules out Ten Hag. I think they will end up with Martinez which is good news for us.

'The Little Waster'

13 minutes ago, LV said:

Where in the merry hell have you conjured this from?

8 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Until proven otherwise I’m choosing to believe the Lampard rumours are driven by his agent.

I haven't read any rumours, tbh. The thing that makes me think this is that he publicly withdrew from the conversation.