Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Fonseca 

Pros: suave bastard, plays pretty football, his sides are well coached offensively.

Cons: his style of play requires players who are comfortable on the ball and full backs who aren't Matt Ritchie, his sides tend to concede a few goals, he hasn't done it on a cold Wednesday night at Burnley.

Favre

Pros: experience of improving struggling sides, plays decent football, astute in the transfer market.

Cons: his sides tend to struggle defensively, his in-game tactics are limited, he hadn't done it on a cold Thursday night at Norwich.

Howe 

Pros: took a league two side and became an established Premier league club, plays decent football, he has done it on a cold Friday night at Huddersfield.

Cons: his sides tend to be defensively ropey, he paid circa sixty million quite for Jordan Ibe and Dominic Solanke, he's a soft southerner.

Martinez 

Pros: his sides play decent football, he won the FA Cup, he finished 5th in the greatest league in the whole wide world.

Cons: he doesn't know how to organise a defensive unit, he once called Tom Cleverly technically as good as it gets, he has relegated a side and was well on his way to with a second.

Thank you so much. This is ridiculously appreciated. 

I just think it is great that none of these names, or any other news at all about a D o F or Manager/Head Coach, has come from our new owners.

No leaks - deliberate or otherwise - have come out at all.

Everything we have been told by journalists is (at best) 100% guesswork, or (at worst) 100% malicious rumour-mongering.

We are now in high calibre and safe hands . . . so different it is hard to get used to it !!! 

3 minutes ago, manorpark said:

I just think it is great that none of these names, or any other news at all about a D o F or Manager/Head Coach, is Steve Bruce has come from our new owners.

FYP [emoji38][emoji38]

4 minutes ago, manorpark said:

We are now in high calibre and safe hands . . . so different it is hard to get used to it !!! 

You don't know this yet.  The failure to success ratio in football decision-making is heavily skewed towards the shit in my experience.

Granted they'll probably have the money to fix mistakes but don't just assume everything is going to be gravy from now on.

4 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

You don't know this yet.  The failure to success ratio in football decision-making is heavily skewed towards the shit in my experience.

Granted they'll probably have the money to fix mistakes but don't just assume everything is going to be gravy from now on.

Mag.

3 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

We DO know this, of course we do.

I have been saying for more than 18 months that the absolute certainty of the eventual success of the Takeover was down to the "Calibre" of the people wanting to buy us. They were 'winners' and successful in Business in getting what they wanted. That applied to the Reubens, P I F, and PCP. 

They know how to do things, and they are now our owners. They will (again) succeed.

2 minutes ago, manorpark said:

I have been saying for more than 18 months that the absolute certainty of the eventual success of the Takeover was down to the "Calibre" of the people wanting to buy us. They were 'winners' and successful in Business in getting what they wanted. That applied to the Reubens, P I F, and PCP. 

They know how to do things, and they are now our owners. They will (again) succeed.

Aren't the Brit side of it all from inherited wealth and the Saudi's have more oil money than sense :lol:

I mean I agree they'll put things in place and the club will no doubt now be professionally run but don't delude yourself that they're not gonna some bad footballing decisions along the way because they are, and they will.

5 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Aren't the Brit side of it all from inherited wealth and the Saudi's have more oil money than sense :lol:

I mean I agree they'll put things in place and the club will no doubt now be professionally run but don't delude yourself that they're not gonna some bad footballing decisions along the way because they are, and they will.

Everybody gets things wrong from time to time (I never "delude" myself, life is too short for that) but what we all have to get used to - and I know it is difficult - is that from now on NUFC decisions are very, very likely to be made that are usually the right/best ones, and that the end results are likely to be usually very good.

The ratio of "good to bad outcomes" is now going to be so completely different from previously that it is genuinly difficult to assimilate it . . . but I am trying to !!

Edited by manorpark

3 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Everybody gets things wrong from time to time (I never "delude" myself, life is too short for that) but what we all have to get used to - and I know it is difficult - is that NUFC decisions are very, very likely to be made that are usually the right/best ones, and that the end results are likely to be usually very good.

The ratio of "good to bad outcomes" is now going to be so completely different from previously that it is genuinly difficult to assimilate it . . . but I am trying to !!

and then welcome to your new manager..........Nigel Pearson:bluestar:

18 minutes ago, manorpark said:

They asked Harry Redknapp for advice.

Jam Roly Poly for dessert at the Chelsea game.

Edited by Happinesstan

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Fonseca 

Pros: suave bastard, plays pretty football, his sides are well coached offensively.

Cons: his style of play requires players who are comfortable on the ball and full backs who aren't Matt Ritchie, his sides tend to concede a few goals, he hasn't done it on a cold Wednesday night at Burnley.

Favre

Pros: experience of improving struggling sides, plays decent football, astute in the transfer market.

Cons: his sides tend to struggle defensively, his in-game tactics are limited, he hadn't done it on a cold Thursday night at Norwich.

Howe 

Pros: took a league two side and became an established Premier league club, plays decent football, he has done it on a cold Friday night at Huddersfield.

Cons: his sides tend to be defensively ropey, he paid circa sixty million quite for Jordan Ibe and Dominic Solanke, he's a soft southerner.

Martinez 

Pros: his sides play decent football, he won the FA Cup, he finished 5th in the greatest league in the whole wide world.

Cons: he doesn't know how to organise a defensive unit, he once called Tom Cleverly technically as good as it gets, he has relegated a side and was well on his way to with a second.

Wheres Ten ? 

Just now, Happinesstan said:

They asked Harry Redknapp for advice.

Says who, where?

If I was them I would ask for football advice from huge numbers of people across the game, as wide a range of people as possible, that is the very best way to arrive at your OWN 'best judgement' on anything, but whether I would actually take any 'specific individual bit' of advice from any one individual is a very different thing altogether!

If Newcastle ends up being anything like Neom or The Line then people will be in for a bit of a rude awakening like. The massive ambition and huge promises were there for those things, but mojo has it absolutely right about there being more money than sense. It shouldn't be the same because spending money on football clubs is at least possible compared to the literally impossible things they had planned for Neom, but that doesn't mean the people with the money who are in control of Newcastle now are in any way safe hands that can be trusted to make the right decisions. 

Edited by kisearch

6 minutes ago, kisearch said:

If Newcastle ends up being anything like Neom or The Line then people will be in for a bit of a rude awakening like. The massive ambition and huge promises were there for those things, but mojo has it absolutely right about there being more money than sense. It shouldn't be the same because spending money on football clubs is at least possible compared to the literally impossible things they had planned for Neom, but that doesn't mean the people with the money who are in control of Newcastle now are in any way safe hands that can be trusted to make the right decisions. 

Some very illogical comparisons there, just grasping at the Saudi Arabia connection.

How and why would you arrive at the last part of your post I cannot fathom?

Just now, manorpark said:

Some very illogical comparisons there, just grasping at the Saudi Arabia connection.

How and why would you arrive at the last part of your post I cannot fathom?

I haven't arrived at anything, that's sort of the point. I'm saying that arriving at the conclusion that the club's now in safe hands is jumping the gun. Until they prove it, there's nothing to show that they're a safe pair of hands