Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

14 minutes ago, gdm said:

I think we are fucking about trying to convince Rafa. 

There's a convenience to this for all parties concerned, Everton can save face with it being an unpopular appointment, Rafa can say the club made it clear the option was on the table and would be happy for him to go and we get our man

Edited by Thumbheed

6 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

There's a convenience to this for all parties concerned, Everyone can save face with it being an unpopular appointment, Rafa can say the club made it clear the option was on the table and would be happy for him to go and we get our man

Was thinking that myself, I still don't think there's anything he can do at Everton that would ever endear him to their fans and now that he's had an iffy result it'll be even harder. Everton just need to be sure they can line someone up at short notice that will be good enough for their aspirations, then they could release Rafa to being bought in by us. 

2 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Was thinking that myself, I still don't think there's anything he can do at Everton that would ever endear him to their fans and now that he's had an iffy result it'll be even harder. Everton just need to be sure they can line someone up at short notice that will be good enough for their aspirations, then they could release Rafa to being bought in by us. 

If such a scenario was likely, Unsworth is out of a job…

I’d imagine in all seriousness, Big Dunc might get his chance more permanently or they’d try and go after Moyes again.

Sick of 'trusting the process' now tbh! 

The group have had ages to target who they want for both positions!

I fully expected to know by bow and the new manager with the new manager in the stands to watch the game on Saturday!

Fat chance of that happening now!

If (and it's a massive "if") we're in for Benitez, Everton will demand full whack for his contract. And rightly so. There's no reason for them to help us out when they know we're keen, they know he won't walk away, and we have (in their opinion) unlimited money and aspirations to replace them in the top half of the table sooner rather than later.

3 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

I fully expected to know by bow and the new manager with the new manager in the stands to watch the game on Saturday!

If we are in for a manager currently employed then it’s quite understandable it’s taken a bit longer.

1 minute ago, New Beginnings said:

You "Fully expected"? - I didn't realise the consortium were required to report in to you?

These things take time. Negotiations are complex. Who would you go for? And they haven't had "ages", the takeover came out of the blue when they were expecting nothing to happen until at least next year. No point having names lined up now when things can and will change so much by then.

I'd far rather we took the time to get the right person in, rather than rush things, get the wrong person, and get relegated just so that your "expectations" are met.

2 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

You "Fully expected"? - I didn't realise the consortium were required to report in to you?

These things take time. Negotiations are complex. Who would you go for? And they haven't had "ages", the takeover came out of the blue when they were expecting nothing to happen until at least next year. No point having names lined up now when things can and will change so much by then.

I'd far rather we took the time to get the right person in, rather than rush things, get the wrong person, and get relegated just so that your "expectations" are met.

Id go all out for my number 1 target. This should have been decided within a few days.

If this would have happened we'd have got wind, so it obviously hasn't. Apart from the Fonseca name, its been silence and speculative.

Im genuinely concerned that they don't know what they are doing!

11 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

[emoji38]

Id go all out for my number 1 target. This should have been decided within a few days.

If this would have happened we'd have got wind, so it obviously hasn't. Apart from the Fonseca name, its been silence and speculative.

It's annoying having to wait a while but try to save your concern for the actual appointment (or otherwise).

Stop pissing your pants man.

2 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

Surely wait till they have appointed someone before deciding if they know what they are doing or not ?

I feel a massively underwhelming appointment coming on!

Hag

Farvre

Fonseca 

Gerrard

Chris Wilder: Appointed!

Off topic, but are you normally a ‘glass half empty’ sort of chap per chance? 

we’ve had to wait (yes, WAIT) for over two YEARS (if not double that) to get the club sold. Now you’re stressing because the club hasn’t filled the managers position in the last two weeks since they’ve been here? Relax- it’ll get done. And it won’t be Wilder.

There's a vaccum I wasn't expecting that's causing some people a bit of anxiety. We effectively still don't know what their plans are beyond a few interviews when the takeover went through and I guess the managerial appointment is the first sign of that.

Was expecting training ground plans, stadium plans or just some presser about their plans which would sooth this situation.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I think if we after a manager in employment, we'd have heard something from his club by now.

but then if it was someone out of work it shouldn't take this long, certainly indicates there's no slam dunk of the unemployed managers because surely that'd be sorted by now and yet your right it would come out if we were approaching clubs.

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

There's a vaccum I wasn't expecting that's causing some people a bit of anxiety. We effectively still don't know what their plans are beyond a few interviews when the takeover went through and I guess the managerial appointment is the first sign of that.

Was expecting training ground plans, stadium plans or just some presser about their plans which would sooth this situation.

but then if it was someone out of work it shouldn't take this long, certainly indicates there's no slam dunk of the unemployed managers because surely that'd be sorted by now and yet your right it would come out if we were approaching clubs.

I think the bit about a presser outlining their plans would have been done if the takeover was done in the summer/pre season, however our position in the league means they have not done all of that yet.