Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I like the idea of Rodger’s to be fair, has got some excellent experience to, like some have said not sure he would be prepared to leave Leicester for us at this stage, then again money and ambition talks.

It's vital we get the right people in upstairs - managers come and go but having the right structure above them will give that consistency.

Conte's the one for me - he's got the ability to galvanise this group of players in the short term, get us climbing the table and if backed in January I could see us finishing in a Europa League spot. Fuck it, let's be ambitious, get back into Europe ASAP and start the real rebuild in the summer.

13 hours ago, midds said:

At this precise moment in time it's not about who it is, it's about who it isn't. Binning Bruce and replacing him with a packet of Frazzles would lift the fans and players for the Spurs game. Get the cunt out asap and ride the wave for a month until you decide who actually wants it and take it from there. 

Yeah, I suspect Brewce will be binned before Sunday, Jones as interim while they take a few weeks to pick the right person.  Maybe by end of Nov. we'll have DoF and staff in place, gearing up for some key, but modest, purchases in January.

Starting with the right mentality against spurs will be very important, there will be incredible hype around the game and having Bruce will just completely mess up the mood, fans will be even more encouraged to shout that they want him out and it will probably distract the team, should take him out of it asap.

5 hours ago, joeyt said:

I can't believe I'm going to write this sentence but I don't particularly want us to get Zidane

Neither do I. Not sure success at Real Madrid would necessarily translate to the same in England considering he didn't do much coaching before that. 

Guest HTT II

I’d love Zidane here, it takes some ability to galvanise a big egotistical Real Madrid squad amongst all the mad shit craziness that is there club full stop and achieve what he has done with them (twice), former legend or not. I think he has that aura and he’s shown tactically, he’s no mug. I think the PL would be better suited for him than La Liga, he’s obviously unproven at the lower level of course, but fuck me, he did win, as @ManDoonsaid, 3 CL titles.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

For me whoever gets it we will all get behind and we will also know that if they end up failing they will be replaced not like with Ashley.

dunno like, i dont like martinez.

4 hours ago, Elephant said:

Read my post earlier in this thread about Favre. No, no and just no!

I'm also someone who's followed BvB closely for several years now since we've been so shit. Favre was an incredibly frustrating manager who couldn't get it done with an amazingly talented roster. He micro-managed the offensive players into being afraid to shoot while leaving the defense in positions to give away stupid goals almost every match. His subs were too late and rarely helped. He also seemed almost in tears on the sideline when things went sideways once the pressure of under-achieving built.

With this group of NUFC players and the expectations here? No way.