Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just been reading up about him,

and would love Marcelo Gallardo to make his move to Europe with us. Top manager, won everything he can in South America, linked with the likes of Barca. He can be our new Poch.

Edited by Manxst

1 hour ago, Magpie said:

Given Howe's unremarkable stint at Burnley, maybe he's best swerved. Didn't he shit himself being so far north?

If all the reports of him waiting for Saints to come in for him are true then appears so. He wouldn't be on my list anyway under the new regime, but my respect for him has dropped a few notches anyway if he only wants a job on the south coast. 

I think we will build the club up step by step. That goes for managers too. Don't think we will get the world class managers just yet.

Think that we could do well with a manager like Howe, Potter or someone like that for 2-3 years to take us to the next step and then go for the next level manager.

By that time we will also rebuild the training ground, St James Park and the academy.

Point is it will take some time but we will improve all along. There are so many things that needs improvement at the same time.

8 minutes ago, STM said:

I will say again. I can see Gerrard. 

Just seem about right for where we are.

Would be concerned if that happened, but would give him a chance. I just think the PL is a massive jump from the SPL. 

Howe is an absolute fanny. Not mentally strong enough for the job. He needs something less high profile and one where he can coast for years without question. He’s a decent manager though and would do well with Southampton, just not for us.

conte/zidane not going to happen.

I like the idea of Gallardo for the above post but he’s an unknown over here and comes with big risk. Equally big returns if he gets it right. 

Rafa isn’t moving 7 games in to a season, even if Everton deserve it for his initial treatment.

Rodgers would show we mean business, however he’d be mad leaving a great setup for one that doesn’t exist so I really can’t see him leaving for us.

Potter is probably the best realistic shout, again though like Rodgers in a great place, it would take some convincing but I think we could do it.

Gerrard I like and would be w great fit. No experience of the league though and a huge step up in terms of competition around him. Inevitably he’d be always looking at the Liverpool job and would be constantly linked should he do well here.

Southgate lovely guy and decent international manager but questionable at team level. I also think out of all the managers linked he’d have real issue with KSA.

I will mention Keegan again. Think him as manager till the end of the season with Jones doing the tactical/training part would work well. The high from the crowd alone is worth several points, his ability to galvanise a squad and show ambition is possible within the entire club is priceless. 

I wonder if they would consider Shearer as an interim figurehead option with Jones coaching.

Not saying it’s a good idea but I could see them doing this kind of thing because I’m not convinced they have got a manager lined up and it looks like they are gonna bin Bruce (thank the lord) 

Don’t blame Shearer at all for the relegation, was always a near impossible task, but the management ship has sailed for him a long time ago. Love the man, he’s my childhood hero and want him in an ambassador role ASAP, just not anywhere near the first team setup 

Shearer thinks Bruce is a good manager, and Tbf compared to himself he is. That says it all really.

If Shearer comes back it’s as an ambassador, meet and great for the sponsors. In terms of any decisions football wise, he’s the last man on the list.

Just now, Klaus said:

Staveley confirmed she had spoken to Shearer didn't she? Not necessarily about the managers job though. 

She’s spoken to him lots prior to the takeover, and he was at Jesmond Dene house with her when it all got signed off (I think I saw?).  She’s also been in communication with Keegan too. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, Dokko said:

Shearer thinks Bruce is a good manager, and Tbf compared to himself he is. That says it all really.

If Shearer comes back it’s as an ambassador, meet and great for the sponsors. In terms of any decisions football wise, he’s the last man on the list.

This. 

I can't help thinking we need a manager of ability who can deal with a siege mentality and will embrace his position amongst the fans and the local area, but who that would be I'm really not sure. There's people that tick individual aspects of that criteria, but not sure if there's any that tick all three that are available.

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Get him in training the young strikers.

7 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

How strong are Roma backing Jose? i know, some might not like him but I looked at those being linked who are in a job that might jump ship here for a bigger project with all the funding needed.  

I would love Jose TBH, when allowed to spend money he’s a winner 

7 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Hang on, what? You're saying Bruce is a better manager than Shearer?! I'm not saying I would want Shearer as manager but my fucking nan would be a better manager than Bruce, and she's been dead twenty odd years!

On a side note, I think criticism of Shearer is harsh, he didn't really get a chance - a team that wasn't trying and pretty much already relegated, with a very small number of games left as his first gig?  He was touted as one of the most promising when he took his qualifications, I'm 100% positive if he's continued in the Championship he'd have shone, he just wasn't given the chance and then cemented being a pundit after that.