Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Guest neesy111
Just now, Armchair Pundit said:

Hang on, what? You're saying Bruce is a better manager than Shearer?! I'm not saying I would want Shearer as manager but my fucking nan would be a better manager than Bruce, and she's been dead twenty odd years!

On a side note, I think criticism of Shearer is harsh, he didn't really get a chance - a team that wasn't trying and pretty much already relegated, with a very small number of games left as his first gig?  He was touted as one of the most promising when he took his qualifications, I'm 100% positive if he's continued in the Championship he'd have shone, he just wasn't given the chance and then cemented being a pundit after that.

Disagree, think a better manager would've got the extra points we needed.  We looked better in Hughton's last games (arsenal, man utd) than we did under shearer.  Not that it matters now.

Yeah I’m not saying Shearer is even the right choice as an interim solution.

I just wondered whether they might be considering it. He’d probably not want it anyway as I think he’s said he’s not looking for a managers job ever again. 

4 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Hang on, what? You're saying Bruce is a better manager than Shearer?! I'm not saying I would want Shearer as manager but my fucking nan would be a better manager than Bruce, and she's been dead twenty odd years!

On a side note, I think criticism of Shearer is harsh, he didn't really get a chance - a team that wasn't trying and pretty much already relegated, with a very small number of games left as his first gig?  He was touted as one of the most promising when he took his qualifications, I'm 100% positive if he's continued in the Championship he'd have shone, he just wasn't given the chance and then cemented being a pundit after that.

Not to mention he had utter prick Michael Owen refusing to play in case he got injured.

Shearer and Keegan are the guys you want making phone calls to potential signings. Keegan could sell sand to the.. well [emoji38] and Shearer is an absolute legend.

They would make good advisors from a vision and emotional perspective but never in terms of who would make a good manager.

Even Keegan is a footballing dinosaur in the modern age and it breaks my heart to say that.

Guest neesy111
14 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

How strong are Roma backing Jose? i know, some might not like him but I looked at those being linked who are in a job that might jump ship here for a bigger project with all the funding needed.  

Backed him really well this summer.  Net spend of £85m.

5 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

I would love Jose TBH, when allowed to spend money he’s a winner 

He is used to managing big name players, and building winning teams.

But he's also an arrogant/miserable prick at times, and I'm not sure he is the empire builder we need in the long term.

3 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Course he is. Bruce thinks he's a manager, Shearer knows he's not one. I doubt if he could do things differently he would, he'd rather have not done it at all. 

12 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Get him in training the young strikers.

Is he even a coach? Refused to be assistant to Keegan when he came back, his ego wouldn't let it. Shame as that would have been much better exposure for him rather than the managers job.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I’m slightly opposed to having Shearer here at all after his lack of willingness to use his platform to call out Bruce 

There is this as well. Ian Wright had our backs more than Shearer in recent seasons.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, STM said:

Kind of fell at a bad time. In the summer Jose and Rafa would have been options. Perhaps Greame Jones until an option comes around isn't a bad idea.

Aye, 3 months earlier and we would've had a lot of options.

I’m sure there are loads of good options, I just don’t have the knowledge of managers around the world. 

Also don’t know if they’ll try to leap to someone world class and permanent, or just solve the immediate problem of relegation first. 

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, STM said:

Still says he feels sorry for Bruce and the abuse he has received. Ignoring the cataclysmic effort Bruce has made at the club.

Didn't even call out the PL over the takeover as he's on there pay roll as well.

4 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Aye, 3 months earlier and we would've had a lot of options.

The other 19 clubs can whinge as much as they like but the PL have fucked us over for 2 seasons and lots of opportunity has passed. We're now in a tough position and this season is written off whatever happens.

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m sure there are loads of good options, I just don’t have the knowledge of managers around the world. 

Also don’t know if they’ll try to leap to someone world class and permanent, or just solve the immediate problem of relegation first. 

We need somebody who can get the best out of a shite squad, at least in the short term. Rafa would have been ideal tbh, but i cant see him leaving Everton, saying as he almost never walks away, when under contract.