Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Who do we think is making the decision on and how? I'd almost rather they put Jones in charge until they get a DoF in (assuming they go down that route) so they can work with them on a decision. Going to be so vital to have those 2 roles on the same page.

15 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Howe's about that!

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/19636853.reports-eddie-howe-will-reject-newcastle-wait-saints/

Keep seeing reports Conte has ruled himself out but is this just hearsay or has he been quoted?

Just the one report based on not much has said Conte might not be interested, I'll wait until a more reputable sources backs this up before taking it as gospel.

7 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Who do we think is making the decision on and how? I'd almost rather they put Jones in charge until they get a DoF in (assuming they go down that route) so they can work with them on a decision. Going to be so vital to have those 2 roles on the same page.

Thats kind of what I was alluding the other day about whether they had a plan to hit the ground running/already been in contact with agents etc or if the takeover came out the blus for them and they are learning to swim.

Potter fits the DoF/Headcoach system we will almost certainly go for won't he?

We need a coach that can get the best out of players and help develop players right now. Can Potter handle working with bigger names and personalities if we start bringing them in? Probably a bridge you cross when you get there? If he does well the England job will probably beckon.

I don't know that he is the inspiring charismatic choice that will totally unite the fan base but his methods and backstory is awesome. 

I'd prefer a more proven winner and big name but the right choice is the person that is honest, in it for the right reasons and can improve players while winning games.

I still think the best bet is to wait till the Summer before going for a top manager. Pointless getting in someone just to stay away from relegation. Either let Steve do it or Graeme Jones. The players will be motivated to prove themselves anyway so tactics wont matter that much. "Just play".

14 minutes ago, Misa said:

I still think the best bet is to wait till the Summer before going for a top manager. Pointless getting in someone just to stay away from relegation. Either let Steve do it or Graeme Jones. The players will be motivated to prove themselves anyway so tactics wont matter that much. "Just play".

😂 are you winding us up?

3 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Given Howe's unremarkable stint at Burnley, maybe he's best swerved. Didn't he shit himself being so far north?

He’s massively overrated anyway. He spent and wasted fortunes at Bournemouth 

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

😂 are you winding us up?

Absolutely not. No decent manager is going to switch clubs while the season just started. Out of jobs managers that are also good are far and few between. With the exception of Conte, there is no guarantee they even fit the Premier League. My first choice remains getting Rafa but no way he will do it as a man of honour. In the summer things will be different. Some managers might be sacked, some might relish a new challenge. Much more options.