Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

We'll be linked with pretty much anyone. Doubt the new owners even have made a 100% decision yet. They probably don't even know who's interested and not yet. At this time anyway considering how out of the blue the takeover finally got done in the end.

They might have some ideas, and a "shortlist" or whatever.

Edited by Ikon

On 08/10/2021 at 02:12, TRon said:

I have a feeling Jones will be in charge for a few games while we interview candidates for the job long term. I doubt we'll make any rush appointments. 

:thup: yep

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

One I ABSOLUTELY DON'T want is Southgate! As inspiring as a bag of skates.

Aye fuck that.

Potter is a million miles ahead of Bruce and AS and MG have both said “slowly but surely”, so I would be happy with that appointment. Plus, he plays decent Football. 

9 hours ago, Sima said:

:lol: 

Martinez can fuck off as well.  With the pool of talent he has Belgium should be European and World Champions.

They don't have good enough defenders individually and there isn't much Martinez can do about that. They could be coached to be better as a defensive unit maybe.

Been looking on Brighton’s forum and they’re all up in arms about the Saudi stuff (fair enough) and saying shit about how delusional our fans are. Standard, boring stereotyping. I hope they end up having to play at that Athletics Stadium again. 

For this reason alone, we need to get Potter and ruin their season.

Edited by Danh1

6 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Been looking on Brighton’s forum and they’re all up in arms about the Saudi stuff (fair enough) and saying shit about how delusional our fans are. Standard, boring stereotyping. I hope they end up having to play at that Athletics Stadium again. 

I can't lie if I was a Brighton fan and came on here to see fans talking about getting Potter and signing Bissouma. I'd be kind of irked by it all :lol:

I genuinely would love us to become the kind of club that can go out and identify a manager of our own to grow the club and get some young up and coming talent that really make their names at Newcastle. It's one of the reasons ASM has been such a joy.

44 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

That Brighton forum has always been salty towards us, hasn’t it? They were having a meltdown when we beat them to the Championship title.

44 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

might have to sign up to their forum and talk about how we’re considering taking Potter and can he make the step up to a club with ambition 

1 hour ago, Skeletor said:

Shows you how Ashley operated when our gazillionth choice, the only one who wouldn't reject us, only signed with an £8m sack fee.

He probably gave him that sack fee because he knew he'd sell the club soon and gave his mate a big bonus.