Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

49 minutes ago, STM said:

Shearer and Keegan are the guys you want making phone calls to potential signings. Keegan could sell sand to the.. well [emoji38] and Shearer is an absolute legend.

They would make good advisors from a vision and emotional perspective but never in terms of who would make a good manager.

Even Keegan is a footballing dinosaur in the modern age and it breaks my heart to say that.

KK was always a bit naive from a defensive viewpoint, but he actually played pressing football 30 years ago before it was in fashion. But yeah, I get he's not the most tactically astute coach. 

34 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

I can't doubt Conte's ability, but he does strike me a really volatile. Would he be a good fit for us? The area? It's one thing potentially having loads of money to buy a championship, but is that what he does? Or does he actually build squads with a legacy in mind?

I personally think he'd be a good fit 👌

Just now, Manxst said:

I guess whatever they give him will be more than he’s on at Ajax. 

I thought they literally can’t pay any more money out to anyone though ? And they can’t afford to sack koeman? I might be completely wrong just thought I read that somewhere.

Just now, FinnMag said:

If Conte is a new manager, you can forget the slow rebuilding process. Conte wants CL quality team. He is superb coach but is he good fit with us? 

The new manager is a massive indication of what we’ll see in January imo. If it’s someone like Conte will be throwing money around and possibly bringing in some fantastic talents.

If it’s someone progressive like Potter, I’d expect the transfers to be more modest.

1 minute ago, FinnMag said:

If Conte is a new manager, you can forget the slow rebuilding process. Conte wants CL quality team. He is superb coach but is he good fit with us? 

He has a history of getting the best out of players - that's exactly what we need.

Just realised you can get odds of 33/1 for Jones to be our next manager.

Not totally unrealistic to think he may be given it until the end of the season if he’s put in caretaking charge and does a reasonable stabilisation job.

You only need them to take charge of 10 games to be paid out

4 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Just realised you can get odds of 33/1 for Jones to be our next manager.

Not totally unrealistic to think he may be given it until the end of the season if he’s put in caretaking charge and does a reasonable stabilisation job.

You only need them to take charge of 10 games to be paid out

Absolutely no chance. We are second bottom without a win. They’ll want someone in to fix things and fix it quickly. Jones ain’t it and has never been it 

Edited by gdm

Guest neesy111
8 minutes ago, duo said:

He has a history of getting the best out of players - that's exactly what we need.

He does but also comes at a cost.