Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, dabe said:

It's quite apparent that they need to hire a DoF who knows what they're doing. Wouldn't be surprised if Charnley is leaking things.

fits with previous behaviour from this group, remember during the owners and directors test last year they were the ones leaking oh things are fine no red flags etc only for it to fall apart because there was obvious red flags anyone with a passing look at what was going on with beoutq. They need less leaking to media and just get the job done and communicate then 

1 minute ago, cookidge said:

It's amazing how many shit takes there are in this thread. Yeah it's not a fantastic process at the moment, but the sale going through when it did came as a shock to all. There isn't a structure in place like there is or would be at other clubs yet. 

"Been an absolute shit show since Amanda walked thru the door." - grow up for fuck sake, try a bit of critical thinking for once.

Its been a month.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

It's absolutely laughable that he is involved in any decision making under the new owners. I can understand him being an advisor for the move between the old and new ownership. but to have that absolute prick anywhere near actually being involved in any decision making and especially the hiring of a new manager is a fucking joke.

He needs to go and I’m sure he will be packed off soon, but howay, we are believing the words of journos that he’s doing the negotiations when they have constantly got things wrong? The fact they were saying Emery was a done deal only yesterday and now this latest twist should tell you they haven’t a clue really. I’m sure the club do brief the media, but I guarantee most of their tip-offs and info are from agents, players and shit stirrers and again, a lot of guesswork and putting two and two together and often coming up with fucking zero.

Just now, HTT II said:

He needs to go and I’m sure he will be packed off soon, but howay, we are believing the words of journos that he’s doing the negotiations when they have constantly got things wrong? The fact they were saying Emery was a done deal only yesterday and now this latest twist should tell you they haven’t a clue really. I’m sure the club do brief the media, but I guarantee most of their tip-offs and info are from agents, players and shit stirrers and again, a lot of guesswork and putting two and two together and often coming up with fucking zero.

The fact it has come from Caulkin who is AS go to, tells me it's not just media bollocks and speculation.

1 minute ago, cookidge said:

It's amazing how many shit takes there are in this thread. Yeah it's not a fantastic process at the moment, but the sale going through when it did came as a shock to all. There isn't a structure in place like there is or would be at other clubs yet. 

"Been an absolute shit show since Amanda walked thru the door." - grow up for fuck sake, try a bit of critical thinking for once.

You can only use the shock factor for so long. So many walks of life shit gets dumped on you and you have to run with it. They are experienced business men and women with near enough unlimited funds to make things happen and have been wanting this for years. They believed it would happen so it's not a complete shock it has. So for me This isn't an excuse anymore, it only has a limited shelf life and for me thathas expired. They now need to be more agile in thinking and process and realise 24 hours is a long time in football and we have little time to waste. It's the old QCT. Cost isn't an issue, quality and time is. Which is more important to all this? Quality long term yes, but time is equally as important as if you wait and get a quality manager but run out of time.to make the changes then next season he leaves and it's all been for nothing. 

Your 2nd paragraph is spot on though, I'm not arguing for pulling that one up. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Hopefully this doesn’t drag into next week, i would reluctantly give Jones the Brighton game but after that we need someone in.

Should be all sorted today now really. The original report was that things were to be finalized today with Emery coming in for Thursday.

Think Emery was just taken aback because that information had not been relayed to him or Villareal first. Should be able to smooth that all over during communications today now.

4 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

The fact it has come from Caulkin who is AS go to, tells me it's not just media bollocks and speculation.

Is he though, I’m in no doubt they’ve manipulated/used their ties with the likes of him and other media in the past for whatever reason, but I doubt he’s their main man or anyone is really, they have kept a pretty close counsel since the takeover, I honestly think the majority of a journo’s sources are indirect and not direct, agents, players, teletext, and the likes of Steve fucking Wraith and that Kieth knacker no doubt. 

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

You can only use the shock factor for so long. So many walks of life shit gets dumped on you and you have to run with it. They are experienced business men and women with near enough unlimited funds to make things happen and have been wanting this for years. They believed it would happen so it's not a complete shock it has. So for me This isn't an excuse anymore, it only has a limited shelf life and for me thathas expired. They now need to be more agile in thinking and process and realise 24 hours is a long time in football and we have little time to waste. It's the old QCT. Cost isn't an issue, quality and time is. Which is more important to all this? Quality long term yes, but time is equally as important as if you wait and get a quality manager but run out of time.to make the changes then next season he leaves and it's all been for nothing. 

Your 2nd paragraph is spot on though, I'm not arguing for pulling that one up. 

You make a good point, and I tend to agree. I believe in the last week they've realised this, but who they want isn't available, and our position isn't helping. It will only get better I imagine.