Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

if its Howe, might as well let Jones continue honestly. You can talk about achievements all you want with Howe, and kudos for taking Bournemouth up. But he was found out and we will continue with Ritchie and... ugh have Shelvey on the field.

To be fair to the new owners, given how shite we are on and off the field, it bodes well for us long-term if the likes of Emery is the calibre of manager we want to manage the club even at this jun tire and although they may have fucked up getting him ‘over the line’ for whatever reasons, it could well be down to their lack of footballing know-how or lack of. There was a scene in the Sopranos where Ritchie was looking to take out T and, well, he just couldn’t sell it. Proper football people in may be able to and will eventually if appointed I’m sure. They need to make a decision quick though, either a permanent or stop gap appointment, before it’s too late which it may already be so…

19 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Who for DOF though?  It's the middle of the season, can't just pluck one out of thin air.

Rangnik, Campos, Herrera, overmars.

any of these would be mint 

Edited by Rafalove

Just now, The Merse said:

Can't remember exactly but Bournemouth played us off the park up here - great goal from a corner I think

One of SB's better games was the 4-1 away win at Bournemouth. Fancy getting a tactical masterclass from the Bacon Monster.

Well. This has been a right mess.

I’d happily have Howe in. Not mad keen on him. But not as down as some, either. Was half convincing myself he might replace Bruce under Ashley. Would have been thrilled with that. 

Can’t afford to wait much longer, keep writing games off when we are desperate for points. Getting the new man in for the international break is a must. 

Tbf Emery has come across a bit of a cunt in this too. Clearly talked to us and came close if not verbally agreeing, now doesn't want to be the bad guy. Fuck him, we need someone that wants to be here and we need to get on with it. I also ojt know he would have been the 

Just a huge gut punch.. SSN/Downie say Howe or Martinez over Favre or Fonseca. If that is true I hope it's howe. We will end up committing long term to Martinez, not that a payoff matters I guess. Martinez isn't that bad either but we won't get him prior to the international window.

Feel this ownership will still want to go for someone with a bigger resume than Howe. We could end up with him saying no at this point. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Again they could calm everything down with some communication. Are we looking to hire a sporting director, will someone be in before the crucial international break. They really need to start communicating.

What can they say at this point? "Our first choice turned us down so now we're working our way down the list"?

I've been critical but they can't communicate anything of value at present; they just need to continue with their search.

5 minutes ago, christ said:

He’s absolutely not, like. Martinez’s record is bang average, masked by a fluke FA Cup win. 

Got Everton to 5th and later got them to 2 cup semi-finals in the same season. Won a trophy with Wigan even though they went down which is more than Howe has done.

I like Howe as a manager and man yet conversely am not at all confident he'd keep us up and pretty sure it wouldn't work out as can see him not getting time within the club or media down the line for bad results or imagine him building a club.

The apparent ability to do that was Emery big plus, otherwise he wasn't anywhere near worth the fuss imho, a gamble like the rest and not a cert to succeed on anything logical. Its reminded me of the faff on to sign Paul Kitson.

As statement and like literal statements here, its non-existent, the sort of thing Ashley could have pulled off, same with Martinez.

The only statement that can be inferred is a bad one, teething problems but undeniably unprofessionally unimpressive so far

Edited by Wolfcastle

Just now, PlymouthGeordie said:

What can they say at this point? "Our first choice turned us down so now we're working our way down the list"?

I've been critical but they can't communicate anything of value at present; they just need to continue with their search.

Just what direction we are even looking at going? As I said we don’t even know for certain we are wanting a sporting director.

14 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Ashley must be laughing his cock off at how quickly some fans turn on the new owners, there needs to be patience. Looking at the bigger picture, yes, we might go down, but if we do we're still the richest club in the world. The only reason we're currently in this mess right now is the complete lack of investment by Ashley and the fact Bruce was allowed to stay in his role for so long, neither of which are really the new owner's fault. Could this current situation have been handled better? Probably, but the new owners are still cutting their teeth and to be honest, the potential for us is a million times better under them than it has been for a very, very long time. If there's fans out there seriously giving our new owners stick they really need to have a word with themselves at this point, the club has been in such disarray for such a time that it was always going to be a hell of a task to even start clearing the mess. Is Howe going to be able to keep us up if they bring him in? Nobody knows. To be honest, I don't think he's the calibre of manager/coach that we want but as things stand he's probably all we're going to get until things are sorted out at the club behind the scenes a bit more. There's a lot to do before we're in the position of established teams like Spurs for example who can sack a manager one day and appoint a top replacement the next, we've got masses of baggage in both reputation and facilities to change before then, let alone getting a solid employee structure in place.

For now, take a deep breath, take a step back. We're not going to be up there just yet, but we'll get there and when it does, it'll be glorious.

Yep, it’s embarrassing 

I don't think it was primarily the leak that made up Emery's mind. We've either failed to sell the club to him or he spoke to us out of politeness. It's a big ask to take a manager from the Champions League (albeit they're 13th in La Liga with 2 wins from 11), into a new club with new owners that nobody has any clue or reference point in terms of what they are like to work with day to day. Will they give a manager a say in transfers? Will they give a manager time if it takes until March to peel away from relegation danger? Where does Emery go if this move doesn't work out, does another Premier League club give him a chance or is he back to square one, rebuilding a team over a number of years?

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I've made my feelings on Martinez clear, but it does my nut in when people wheel out the finishing fifth line, when we should know from our own experience it means absolutely fuck all.

But let's be content with Howe in comparison who spent more money to peak at 9th? :lol: