Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Who are they taking advice from btw? They should have got a DOF in, and sought advice on what to do? Why is Charnley here? We are wasting time just like with the Bruce sacking. 

Charnley still being here is the only real red flag for me. I'm pretty certain I could do a better job than him. Fuck him off, pronto.

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Ah well…

I’d be fine with Howe, he is young and is a very good coach and the job he did at Bournemouth was - to be fair - kind of a miracle. He spent a lot of money on some poor signings, but their net spend was quite low and to keep them up for 5 consecutive seasons while playing attractive football with mostly journeymen, youngsters or unknown players was a feat not be sniffed at.

I think he took them to their max ceiling and their relation was inevitable in the end. He’d be an underwhelming choice and a big gamble, but such a low key appointment can work in our favour. Emery would bring with him very high expectations and although I think he’d have kept us up, I don’t think his appointment would have been an a mediate magic wand to fix our problems, but then I’m not sure anyone could have that kind of instant impact.

I do fear if we hire Howe, we will be relegated. A top DOF is going to be so crucial because although Howe has demonstrated he can identify players with the right traits for how he likes to set his teams up and wants them to play, he has shown he’s unable to identify a level of quality needed to do that more often than not. Ibe and Solanke foe example, both young, pacey and come from a set up at LFC’s academy regarded as one of the best, but they simply weren't capable of consistently performing because ultimately they were not good enough despite possessing some of the required traits to fit Howe’s style of play etc. If it’s Howe, recruitment will be more crucial than ever. 

I’ll get behind him and it will be interesting to see how things pan out. 

He'll be sacked by mid Jan - bookmark this!

2 minutes ago, CFlan said:

DOF and CEO should’ve been the number 1 priority. 

I think they would have been if we hadn't been so deep in trouble. 

As it is a manager is an absolute priority.

Edited by The Prophet

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Emery was the outstanding candidate, so that's a real shame. It sounds like he was already being quite indecisive and the leak tipped things for him. That said, if he was having doubts, maybe its a good thing.

If the Athletic are to be believed we'll go for Howe now. He's certainly a step down from Emery, but he showed enough promise with Bournemouth that he can stabilise the club in the short to medium term. His transfer record is a touch concerning, but it sounds like we'll have a sporting director who will take those decisions out of his hands.

Howe is a step up from Bruce.  From Emery to Howe though, that not a step down, it's a headfirst dive off the Tyne Bridge.

Also seriously worried about keeping Jones on tbh. The absolute shit shows he's served up in his two games in charge, after having worked with the squad for months really doesn't bode well for the future. 

3 minutes ago, CFlan said:

DOF and CEO should’ve been the number 1 priority. 

Hindsight and all that. Everyone seemed to want Bruce gone as the first priority.

EDIT: NPW

Edited by TK-421

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

But this hasn’t happened overnight, the takeover has been ongoing for months, and let’s not pretend that people don’t line up jobs all the time while employed at other clubs. 

The takeover was essentially mothballed by the sounds, like. Its not been ongoing for months. All signs point to this thing pretty much starting up again when KSA and Qatar solved the piracy debate. Then 3 days later we had new owners and chair. And that was what, 4 weeks ago?

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar