Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, DoricGinola said:

I did think the position we are in on and off the park suggested that a short term appointment was likely rather than one of the big names. We need to start work on the training ground and infrastructure ASAP.

At least if it is Howe he's an experienced PL boss. Also if the worst was to happen he'd also be experienced at Championship level.

The worry for me is who we are able to bring in, in January. Sparkling names don't seem likely.

Suppose we just need to trust that we'll have the right footballing people in place to steer us back to the Premiership once we've been relegated. Just sets us back 2 or 3 years in the grand scheme of things.

I'll still be happier in the championship without Ashley than in the Premiership with him.

Oh well, Emery would have been fantastic. On a more realistic level, have to take baby steps for now and ensure NUFC stays in the PL and gradually becomes more attractive to top managers and players.

Kinda sucks that it potentially fell through cos of amateur stuff like leaks though.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I would be tempted to turn the job down if I was Howe now. 

It's amazing how everyone thinks it's a certainty. Been said before he's not keen working up north and relocating his family. Add into all this showing he is sloppy 2nds...

It's done. SSN

I'm in the minority with Howe. As a stop gap to the end of the season he will he will be OK imo. Knows the league and some of the players and has used the time off to better himsef. It's quite the come down unfortunately and a kick in the gut for all but Howe, that is presuming he doesn't  turn us down 

1 minute ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Weird how people are drawing conclusions like that from Football Insider, right?

Maybe, but if Jones and the two Steves are still in place in January I'll have serious reservations about the ambition of the club.

As far a saturday goes, i just want whoevers in charge of picking the team to pick the best 11 players available, and last weekend, there were (arguably) better players sat on the bench, or not even in the matchday squad. And if he can play them in their right/preferred positions, that would also help.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

It's definitely frustrating and a bit worrying. There's a symptom of the Ashley era here, in that the place is a shit-tip and we're asking the rodents to redecorate, but howay. There's clearly someone involved in the decision-making process who needs pinning to the floor because this business with the leak has scuppered a potentially great thing. 

Bit of an embarrassing day and you worry what authority the new manager is actually going to have, when it was as clear as day that he wasn't first choice. 

It’s a real shame we’re going down, if the situation wasn’t so dire the stakes would be a lot lower. Hire whoever, take time to get the club reorganised, get a world class manager a bit later. 

Aye, that's shit.  

Worry creeps in a bit now as it seems this was their number 1 and they tried hard for him and failed, Eddie Howe isn't what I want/expected but if that's who it is, we can just move on for now.  I think Howe is the plan B and will be more of a stop gap until we can entice a higher calibre manager. 

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Suppose we just need to trust that we'll have the right footballing people in place to steer us back to the Premiership once we've been relegated. Just sets us back 2 or 3 years in the grand scheme of things.

I'll still be happier in the championship without Ashley than in the Premiership with him.

People really need to understand just how bad a state the club is in. 

It's like an oil tanker we're trying to turn around here. We're not even starting from a standing start, we're still in the car driving to the warm up before the race. It'll take a long time to sort out the mess Ashley has left.

Just now, TheGuv said:

People really need to understand just how bad a state the club is in. 

It's like an oil tanker we're trying to turn around here. We're not even starting from a standing start, we're still in the car driving to the warm up before the race. It'll take a long time to sort out the mess Ashley has left.

If the stories hadn't come out yesterday about Emery this wouldn't be as big an issue though. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

It's definitely frustrating and a bit worrying. There's a symptom of the Ashley era here, in that the place is a shit-tip and we're asking the rodents to redecorate, but howay. There's clearly someone involved in the decision-making process who needs pinning to the floor because this business with the leak has scuppered a potentially great thing. 

Bit of an embarrassing day and you worry what authority the new manager is actually going to have, when it was as clear as day that he wasn't first choice. 

I’m not so sure Emery would have taken it anyway in the end. Would always be hard to leave a CL club for a relegation fight.

Eddie fucking Howe man. I'm gutted. What a disappointment, all the promise and riches and positivity of the new regime, all the exciting names mentioned, and after spending weeks on "the process" they're going for the lemon barley water of football managers.

Can't be arsed me, might go back to not caring :lol: feels easier